Zones that won't be in this Xpac but I would like to see.

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Cannon, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cannon Guest

I woulld really like to see Rathe Mountains and Lake Rathetear from EQ1. (As far as I know they are not in the game yet.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The Straights of the Twelve would indeed be fun to see in the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    We would need player boats though :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Highbourne is supposed to be part of that general region (although the Rathe Mountains themselves are now a water feature), so it could happen in the future; probably in a "the rest of Antonica" expansion.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    Highbourne is west of the Rathe Mountains and South of Karan and between the Rathe Mountains and Highbourne was Lake Rathator [sp] and that large PvP area that slips my mind, I'll leave the corrections up to Cusa :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Highbourne didn't exist in EQlive. The Arena would most definitely be underwater at this point. EQlive never went into any detail about specific zone boundaries, but when you leave Qeynos, you would go north to Qeynos Hills and east to West Karana, From there, a small mountain range and the Serpentspine River as a zone boundry on the south side of the zone. Keep traveling west by a long distance and you get to Northern Karana. Take the bridge south to South Karana, and you have the other side of the Serpentspine River and some rocky... mountain range for lack of a better word acting as a zone boundry on the west.

From there it's Lake Rathe to the south and Rathe Mountains to the east from there. Obviously, there was some land to the south of West Karana and west of South Karana that the game never went into any detail of any sort. Was there more land beyond it? Sea? who knows?
  7. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

8. ARCHIVED-skinandbones Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    UUUGGGGHHHHHH!

I still have nightmares of that place to this day. Pain in the rear to get to and a pain is the rear to maintain a group in.
    Still remember the days of sinking corpses. You get a rez and your corpse would sink. You die again trying to get to your body for your EB item. This is after agroing multiple mobs.
    Let that zone stay in EQ1.
  9. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Joppa@Everfrost wrote:
    Maybe so, but things are different in EQ2 from the old days, and I think they could pull it off. Most healers have some form of group water breathing that doesn't need to be recast, and if you die, you don't need to go looting your corpse. I think it would be an awsome zone to play.
  10. ARCHIVED-Phelon_Skellhound Guest

Kithicor Forrest hands down... Seems funny that the undead at night never invaded Rivervale hehe... Then again while I ran thru Rivervale listening to the city music in EQ1... All I could think of was how close it sounded like the "It's a Small World" song....
  11. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I would iamgine it might be part of a Far Seas Expansion...
  12. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    With the exception of nightmares trying to get the mage epic drops from Undertow and Phinny, I loved Kedge. I used to log tons of time in that zone. It was also very cool soloing that zone and then acting as a guide for people showing up and trying to get to Phinny.
  13. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Plane of mischief was another one that was very cool.
    Never finshed the card quests heh.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Shard of Knowledge, you get front half of the zones (the traveling stones inoperative, the back end is a black space that has floating islands that lead to the library) someone would have to unearth one of the old books as the gateway, possibly the shard has crashed into reality leaving dimensional instability.
  15. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Just give me Velious
  16. ARCHIVED-Brickfist Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    amen
  17. ARCHIVED-Deadeyes Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Fixed.
  18. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

Deadeyes wrote:
    I understand that it blew up. I also understand many EQlive players didn't care for it. I loved it however. Loved soloing it , grouping it, raiding in it . All of it. It was also a nice change of pace from Norrath. But alas, it will never come to pass.