Zone map icons shifted

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Duskscythe, Jan 10, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Duskscythe Guest

As far as I can tell from in-game responses from players and GMs, the problem I am having with my maps is unique. While I do strive for creativity in all things, in this I would not mind being just another face in the crowd. Especially if that crowd has figured out a solution.

So...

When I log on and go into a non-starting, non-city zone like Commonlands or Nektulos Forest, all of the icons that mark locations on the map (flight towers, zone entrances, crossroads and camps in CL, etc) are shifted far to the southeast of their proper positions. Icons near the southern and eastern sides of a zone are not even on the map.

My "solution" to this so far has been to camp out to the character screen, then go right back in. As long as I camped in the zone with the problem, as soon as I am back in, all the icons are set correctly.

I use no custom UI (although I tried EQ2Maps at one point to see if it would fix or overwrite my issue; it did not), have reset the default UI, have redone full file scans. Basically everything I've been told to try short of deleting the game and reinstalling.

Anyone else out there experience this? Even if you don't have a fix for it, just knowing it is not an issue unique to my computer will be more information than I have now. Plus, misery loves company and all that jazz. If you do have a fix, I would love to know what it is. I'll run a complete reinstall if necessary, but I am hoping for a simpler answer to the problem.

Thank you for your time.
  2. ARCHIVED-Duskscythe Guest

I am not exactly sure how this falls more properly under "Look and Feel" than it does technical support, but...ok. I'll take an answer wherever I can get it.

Again, even knowing that anyone else has seen this issue would be a help.

Thanks
  3. ARCHIVED-Aquiline Guest

I'm not surprised that a GM stated this is a 'Unique' issue cause it's not. I've had the same problem with the icons shifting on the map, sometimes they'll move slighty off and other times they where way out of wack! People have stated ingame on my realm that they where having problems also.

I've played with the Default UI and use Profit Reborn with the same issues, so I know it's not the UI addons that are causing it. My thought is with the new mapping system they recently added it's causing some glitches within the placement of things.

Best bet is to move this the the Bugs/Tech forum where *hold your breath* they may look into it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallahasee Guest

While I haven't noticed the icon locations shifting . . . I have been having a problem with them disappearing altogether. The problem generally corrected itself after zoning.

I also use only the default ui and map.

Cheers.
  5. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

The shifted icons are a known bug introduced with the zoomable and resizable maps for RoK. It happens only when you resize your map window to something else than the default size and then zone for the first time into a zone.
    The disappearing EQ2MAP icons are a related bug. Only happens for certain zones when you zone with your map window open. For now you can close and reopen your map window to restore the icons.
  6. ARCHIVED-Razlath Guest

This has been happening to me ever since I re-sized my map to be a mini-map. Often after zoning my icons will shift dramatically. Often on the larger zones this makes them look like they have disappeared until I find them later halfway across the map.
    The only fix I have found so far is sometimes zoning, and usually logging out and back in. Strangely enough my wife who uses the EQ2Map UI mod does not have the same problem.
  7. ARCHIVED-cdxrd Guest

Mine has been doing the same thing. Last week, the zone icon for cauldron hollow (in nek forest) was sitting in the middle of the ocean.. southeast of where it shoulda have been. Clicking on it still produces the wisp that goes to the correct location, but its been happening to me a lot lately. Im running eq2 on 2 pcs, mine has this issue with several zones, the other does not. I've even logged out of both machines, copied the entire UI directory over (using profit ui) from the good to the bad machine, and it still has the problem, so its not a "unique" issue your having.. hate to burst their bubble, but..
  8. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

I'm having this issue as well. And if you click on the icon, it will direct you to the correct location, not the one where it "appears" to be on your map.

Not so unique after all...
  9. ARCHIVED-choagie Guest

Same issue, shifts South East ever since resizing the map. Isn't it great, we are all unique in the same way!
  10. ARCHIVED-Duskscythe Guest

Holy hopping sunfish! I put the map back to default size and location...no more problem.

Thank you all so much. You would think, with so many players experiencing this issue and knowing exactly when it started happening, the GMs would have it down pretty well when someone asks about it. Instead, I get a big shrug and a "must be you". I then blindly follow what they say and reinstall when I don't need to.

Time for me to go back to the GMs and do some edumacatin'. :)