Zone difficulty setting

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Momo, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Momo Well-Known Member

Sorry, this might be a very stupid question, but I tried asking in the chat and got no answer, maybe someone here can help:

In an older Wiki entry I read the tip, that to increase the drop rate of a certain quest item, I should set the zone to "very very difficult". Does this mechanic still exist? And if it does, please, how do I set the difficulty of a zone?

I'm trying to get the Poet's Palace Questline finished and hunting that keeper behind those random doors for his never-dropping dragon scales is driving me nuts :confused:
  2. Evillady New Member

I don't know about setting the zone, but i have been trying to get the scale to drop also for the past week and nothing. I have run the zone over 20 times with no luck. I hope it isn't broken.
  3. Momo Well-Known Member

I don't know if things differ between servers (hope not), but at least on Thurgadin it seems not to be broken - looted the silver scale today - see, complaining works! Alright, I needed the gold one, but at least I can be sure it's just really rare, not impossible. I have never seen the versions of the dragons on that island in PoF up, but thats also supposed to be rare. And at least we can repeat the zone now every 1.5 hours or so...
    It's not even as if I needed the items or anything, I just really want to know how that story finishes :D

Good luck to you!
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I brought the issue of the rarity of the scales dropping to dev attention quite recently. They're aware and looking into it.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its not broken, just extremely rare. I ran this zone more than 100 times before I got the gold scale to drop. I finally got the gold scale 4 days before they decreased the reset time.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I just finished this on my assassin last month. As far as I am aware, it's not broken, just an extremely rare drop. It took me 2 or 3 daily trips for just under a month's time to get the gold scale to drop for me.
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you all very much for your encouragement! It really helps to know it is meant to be that difficult. And please don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining. It's alright with me - if it stops beeing I stop doing it, in the end it's just a game. I like to finish stories is all, this one I like, the zone as well - so I keep doing it.

But please, can anyone answer my initial question? What does that Wiki article mean when it says "set the difficulty to very very high"? I have never encountered a setting, button or an option at the door that lets me do that. I'm really no good with game mechanics, thats why I asked. Maybe it's just something outdated and I can stop searching ^^
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Poets palace used to have difficulty levels when you zoned in. Those were removed a while back. Can ignore that part of Wiki.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! All of you. (Puh, a bit relieved tbh, that it was not totally obvious right in front of my nose. Thats where I never, ever find things.)
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think the levels would be similar to what we have now, solo, duo, heroic, challenge, raid, etc. Its been many years since I have seen that selection even though I run that zone on every character I make, I cannot remember when it was changed.