ZOMG Echoes of Faydwer Spoiler Video teaser sneak peek :)

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-xOnaton1 Guest

To see skirts flap you only need to turn on "cloth simulation" at any quality level. Cloth simulation is actually tied to the particle system, so you have to be close enough to see particle effects too.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amaterasu Guest

Compare the size of the rock creature with the Fae and then the 2 humans. The Fae are only knee high to a human, the wings won't be a problem.
    (unless you'e a gnome, then you deserve to suffer)

3. ARCHIVED-Kordran Guest

Clockworks have been part of EQ lore since forever ago. Better get used to 'em.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

hairy beast dogs? i think they are called as Warg. the orcish hound version.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jooneau Guest

Isn't Windows Media Player 11 still in beta? If you install beta software on your PC, you shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work.
  6. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

now i have to make a fae necro with light blue skin red eyes and balck wings if possible XD this looks awesome i have had this game preordered for a few weeks now they are starting preorders at gamestop so every boady RUN there and get yours :smileytongue:
  7. ARCHIVED-Evilcow Guest

sorry for the second post but i just read the forum and if your pc is a gameing pc my pc must be a gaming GOD i can run at near max setting with very little lag
  8. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

I think the Fae look wonderful. I just am looking at the MoOnk/Bruiser fighting ... and his legs seemed a bit stiff. Maybe just me, though I know all Alpha stage and all.
    This release is gonna remind me of the Luclin release .. now everyone .. make Vah Shir Beastlords!!!! Hehe.
    Can't wait! Already getting money together to put on reserve. Hope its soon cause Ellistia is nearing 60. =D
  9. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Try being a gnome and fighting with a Troll/Ogre ... wings are least of your worries ... try seeing with a big butt in your way!
    I'm sure they will (read: hopefully) make an option for people to either fade out wings on their end or whatnot.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gratuitios Guest

What a gnome SHOULD be worried about is trying to get on the chains in KoS...for Hoo'Loh....that'd be pretty hard unless you're an Enchanter.:smileyvery-happy:
  11. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

It's easy if you run up the chains from the Isle below
  12. ARCHIVED-Masterage Guest

You mean EQ1 lore? I always see DEVs posting that EQ1 & EQ2 shouldn't be considered as one, and making direct relationships should be taken lightly.

If something was to be blown up and destoried forever.....why couldn't it have been those rediculous friggin robots. Completely ruins the environment.

Might as well bring on the 12 gauges...you nuke me....I shoot you.
  13. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

EQ2 is a future version of EQ1 gone down a different timeline starting at the Planes of Power events. Ak'Anon, the underground city of the Gnomes, existed long before that. It was a place full of clockworks and clockwork-related machinery. The city ticked. These are not sci-fi robots. This is Steampunk clockwork technology and the whole idea of clockworks and the steampunkish tendencies of gnomes has already been established in EQ2. Take a look around Baubleshire and see the big sprocket on the ground. Look around Temple Street and listen to all the gnomes talking about tinkering this or that. It can't ruin the environment when it's already part of the environment, and clockworks are deeply embedded in the history of the gnomes in Norrath.

On another note, the Steamfont kobolds have apparently been eating their Wheaties. Wow.
  14. ARCHIVED-Masterage Guest

Tinkering little objects, ornaments, and gadgets are one thing....but to think that a bunch of evil gnomes are in a basement, cranking out clockwork/droid/robot (doesn't matter what you call them...the pain it causes my eyes are worth the insult of "robot" everytime) mobs is ridiculous. And Robot MOUNTS?!?! [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]....with all the possible things they could have spent their time on...gimme a break.

If the technology is sooo~ advanced that they can create huge raid robot mobs, why couldn't they start developing tinkered weapons? My 12 gauge? Grenades? Rocketlaunchers (finally get even with those rangers muahahaha)? Hummers? Where does it stop?

I understand it may be in the background of EQ lore, and I don't mind it playing a small part. But to spend an entire expansion on this pos is crap. Theres a truck load of ideas and concepts that would have been much more satisfying to the average player...to please a small amount of people by saying "Ooohhhh Aaahhhhh....They gave us shiny robots like back in the good old EQ dayz" (played eq1 myself quite a bit...and have always had this opinion). Once that shinyness wears off (I'll give it a week maybe) you're gonna laugh at the wasted time and resources.

As I said...I understand a few will like it...but as a long time lover of EQ, its lore, and the gameplay...I'm thoroughly disappointed :smileysad:
    Message Edited by Masterage on 08-11-2006 07:29 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-LittleHellcat Guest

I love the look of the Faes! The eyes, and even the ears with the bend in them. Really cannot wait for this to come out! Great job on the new race SoE :)
    The clockworks on the other hand.......*sighs* maybe if they didn't look so shiny or like robots. Even though it's lore, I know this, they look like robots. Maybe ..........if they were rusted more, or make Tic-Toc sounds.

*pawprint* Yrsinia Pestis/Laviva Pestis Hawkndove
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Last that I read on it, the clockworks took over Ak'Anon and booted the gnomes out. I would also hope after 500 years that they're able to make more than just rusty clockwork merchants, rats and spiders.
    And it's not the entire expansion. Steamfont is only one section of Faydark. That video also shows an inside fight with an orc that makes me wonder if that's Crushbone. Plus clockworks weren't the only things in Steamfont, and as the video also shows, the kobolds are apparently still there in force, as I'm sure the other mobs in the zone were.
    And fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't try to claim "robots" don't fit when you don't understand the genre. Norrath is heavily based on D&D concepts and gnomes tinkering clockworks and other items in a steampunkish setting is also an embedded trait in the different D&D campaign settings and in the D&D concept in general.
  17. ARCHIVED-Masterage Guest

As I said...I'm a long time player in EQL & EQ2 and completely understand the genre of the game. A few clockword gadgets may be found around Norrath, but it doesn't take much intelligence to realize this is not a mechanical based game with large machinery and advanced technologies. If it was...we would have all the items I listed above.

...although...my main point isn't stating that Clockwork items have no room in the game (I believe they do...to an extent). My main gripe is that SOE seems to have no sense of priorities in this development and frame of promotion.
  18. ARCHIVED-chOgg Guest

You will -tic- all be -tic- assimilated. -tic- Resistance is -tic- futile. -tic- -tic-

Thoral, 46 Bruiser, Mistmoore
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

If you are a long time Live player, then you remember that a large portion of the mobs in the Steamfront mountains were clockworks. There was the giant spider right outside of Ak'Anon, the rats, the rogue clockworks that wandered many parts of the zone, and other assorted and sundry mobs around the windmill area and the caves. There was a small area near the druid rings with the kobolds, some wandering undead, some wandering elementals and once the newbie armors went in, a handful of wandering drakes and drakelings, but the main attraction of Steamfont mobwise was always clockworks.
    There was also the large section in Solusek's eye that had gnomes and clockworks. It's a traditional EQ thing that if it deals with gnomes then you'll probably run into clockworks, and so they should expect to be seen and encountered.
  20. ARCHIVED-Masterage Guest