Zlandicar's Riven Heart

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Malleria, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for giving us a nicely thought out brawler weapon.
  2. Cyrde Member

...and for a tank-shield better than anything I've seen on actual RAID content.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Oh goodie, perhaps I can finally replace my PLANE OF WAR shield :p
  4. Cyrde Member

No, myth shield is still better. But Drinal-4-Runes is not actual raid content either.
    Le Clown likes this.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

If only I had that one :D

The shield in question would be General Teku's. Still it's nice to have an HQ to look into.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

What I found interesting regarding the shield option is that it had considerably lower "blue stats" than other ToV shields...

e.g. Tower of Dragonstone
    6.4AE Auto * 16 = 102.4
    51.6 MA * 2 = 103.2
    & Zlandicar's Tortured Heart
    26.1 DPS * 2.85 = 74.385...
    7.8 block * 3.2 = 24.96 (tank stats reforge horribly)

The only explanation that I can think of is that these stats were incorporated into the mitigation value, which would make it the first item to do so (that I am aware of).
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they went with a secondary (not focus) item for healers and mages.. so again, priests (and mages) who use 2-handers can't use the item if they want a ranged item :(
    This is a disappointment after the 'collection of collection' items also only offered 1-handed weapons. At least I found out before I did the HQ. Now I can decide if I want to do it for the house item or give it a pass.
    Daalilama and Kraeref like this.
  8. Thand Well-Known Member

the off hand Mage item has no graphic when equiped IF you zoom in really close in preview it shows but when equip does not show to anyone ( Sad since my off hander is better . doe snot show equipped or in either wand or off hand appearance slot. over all the stats on the Non tov upgraded mage heart is way sub par compared to other off handers not even any reuse or cast speed
    324 wis int 530 stam 37.8 dps 108.3 cc 19.5 cb 19.5 pot 2168 ab
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

you have a link or stats on
    zlancander;s riven heart all i can find is a link to the house item
  10. Luhai Active Member

It has
    324 STR, 530 STA
    26,1 DPS
    27,8 block chance
    108,3% CC
    19,5% Pot+CB
    DR ist identical to the Insane Hammer of the Custodian
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

So no mit? Meh, better start working on the collection one then.
  12. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it can be used in ranged slot. it's just not one of those thrice damned focus wands I can't stand. I cannot tell you how many times those focus wands have killed me on Bolgin, or how often they've cause the necroparsers/deacons to instant group heal...and the damage output from them is near useless. I'm glad it's a symbol. damn wands aren't worth the trouble they can cause for the little they do.
  13. GIndotto Well-Known Member

14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You got to be kidding?! Never kills me. F1 maybe once in a while?

Ranged autoattack gives you the same dps as melee. To say wands useless is to appear trully ignorant.
  15. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Post ToV, SDB and WDB aside, wands do the same damage, and in fact sometimes have superior accuracy rates to melee. In a different section on the forums someone suggested making this item wand, (priests and mages all want wands), and removing wand from the Consumer table and making it a secondary (to make mages and priests who for some reason dont use a buckler happy).

Personally I think it's ridiculous to make an entire Heroic Questline in a HQ to fix problems with raid itemization. It's also ludicrous to, in a game ten years old, say that after doing hours of questing I only get a one size fits all reward. I put in all this effort and you can't put in effort to give me options for my playstyle? Consumer weapons are not accessible to the masses, and if you don't want to make it a wand because of that then why Developers, I do ask, did you keep wands AND secondary items in the Labs Heroic Mission crates? After all those weapons drop in raid so no reason to have lesser versions for the casual players yeah?
    Mermut, konofo, Kraeref and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's very simple. people don't in many cases target through the tank...or, in some cases, Bolgin does his trauma that auto targets him right before he sits down. and I cannot tell you how often these issues have come up from people that have wands, and didn't even KNOW they ranged attack because all they cared to look at was the blue/green stats.

I used a wand on my warlock. and a symbol. and I didn't see enough of a difference to make me care, much less that would upset me that the Zlandicar HQ is a symbol.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I am using or will soon be using a Dagger/Symbol on my mage with a focus. There just is no reason to use a Focus Wand and a 2h... you can get more for you Ranged by using a 1h/Symbol combo.

The issue has been there are NO symbols worth using. I am glad they are just making additions though. Let the player decide.
  18. Occam Well-Known Member

Not true. Melee priests have no need of a wand.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I prefer a wand to a symbol in my ranged slot.. so I CAN hit at range if I need to.. sort of like all (non-ranger) scouts who have a bow for when it's needed, even though it's not their weapon of choice.
    Unless the symbol was vastly better then the focus item, I can't see any reason I would ever choose a symbol over a focus item for my ranged slot on my melee priests.
    Azian likes this.
  20. Azian Well-Known Member

Thank goodness there are never any ranged fights. I'm also glad that raid leaders never ever tell their healers to stay in one spot that is not always in melee range.

I LOVE having a wand on my warden. Do I use it often? No. Do I PREFER GREATLY to melee? Yep. Are there times when I'm at range and very glad it's ticking away damage as I spam heal after I hit my macro to force ranged auto attack? Heck yeah.
    Kraeref, Mermut and Malleria like this.