Zerks, do you consider yourself a DPS class?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zartuul, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Zartuul Guest

I know that Scouts are the dps kings. I'm curious how Zerker dps is compared to Crusaders and Guardians.
  2. ARCHIVED-Oldlore Guest

Higher DPS than guardians by some, but nothing like scout/mage dps...at least at low 30s.
  3. ARCHIVED-Super Du Guest

Sweet dps, gotta use dual wields tho.
    which is kinda ghetto cuz when u ma, u gotta use shield.... when u dual wield u become ma, whenever u want to or not cuz of super agro... soooo cant' really dual wield unless u're doing a solo or duo... irony
  4. ARCHIVED-AslaanHVK Guest

I thought my DPS was not to great till I ran parse for 4 hours in RE.

Im lvl 33 zerker using good gear, im better equiped then most my lvl since it seems tons of people rush to lvl and neglect gear.

also a 33 wizzy and a god one and a 35 bard also good.

I outdamaged the bard every single time by a fair bit

The wizzy was ahead of me...but not by alot to be honest around 10 dps on average. I was pulling 70dps average myself

So yea we do some nice damage when using duel wield.
  5. ARCHIVED-Manopow Guest

I would say yes. If I am looking for a group and I run into ppl who don't play with zerkers often, and they say something like we don't need another tank (dummies) I sell them on my crazy dmg.. but then I'll take agro if i get to crazy.
    but yes .. duel wield some dps
    shield .. aaahh then were bout the same as a guardian... until we zerk out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

At lv 44 im doing 120 dps on average.

I think we doing ok :)
  7. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Since a good chunk of our Dps is reactionary..Fury and bloodlust...we doa lot better if we are main tanking..and its tough to main tank without a shield unless power is a non issue...

so my opinion is we are a great Dps class that can peel or add a lot of value in an AoE group...definitly the king tank of AoE groups...

be interesting to see how things shake out in the end game or once SoE feels classes are near where they want them to be...

but right now Id for sure say we are dps...although without being hit or able to use bloodrage we lose a lot of potential
  8. ARCHIVED-souLouri Guest

work good with guardians because then we can MT, while the guardian intervenes n all his defensive buffs on us, so he takes the damage, even though we're taking the hits. Lets us make use of all our abilities really and dish out some nice damage =)
  9. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

On the parser I outdamage a ranger and swash. But post level 40 their poisens are currently broken and that lowers their dps quite a bit.
  10. ARCHIVED-ZerenBloodBane Guest

Yes, I do.

I just hit 27 and have been allowed to use a new weapon. I was hunting in Varsoon and was doing fine as the only DPS class. On a normal hit I would hit the yellows, oranges, and red ^ and ^^ for 100+ without skills. If it was a group of mobs, I would begin with Blood Rage then Furious Onslaught and that would be a double 45-60 dmg to each mob. I would continue by starting chains and using Maul, Wound, etc. I would repeat Blood Rage and Furious Onslaught if I saw it fit.

We'd work our way down to the last mob, and by that time it would be down to 3/4 health. Everyone complains about pulling aggro, being nerfed, being useless...whatever. I see no problem with being a Berserker and I have no problem in groups and making sure I don't pull aggro and I do my job of beating the crap out of things.

I also have absolutly no problem holding aggro when I need to.

I wish people would stop complaining because I honestly see no problem with any patches and our class.
    Message Edited by ZerenBloodBane on 12-20-2004 07:25 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Karma187 Guest

agreed our class and dPS is fine...i wish poeple would quit whining...

leave berserkers alone.