Zerkers soloers?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-x82nd77, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

I have had a few friends since launch tell me that berserkers are the king of soloers... I always dismissed them (wrongly probably) thinking that how could that be, no heals, the guardian is their "other half" so how could the dps be there. I was just wondering as I am looking to make a new alt (confirmed altaholic with one more open spot) how DO you guys fair? I have never tried the Warrior path but have heard so many rumors I am truely curious.

Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-shealee Guest

I have an easy time soloing being a zerker. I can go to SOS and solo just about any named in there. You just have to know how to play your class and what spells to use and when, and what stances to use and when. But with my zerker I'm better geared then others that are not raiding. I could solo a little before the gear, but the gear extremely helps along with your spells whether they're master's or adept 3's. The only spell that I don't have master or adept 3 is jokernaut(aka juggernaut). When you stack destruction and open wounds you can burn a mob down fast, which is the key with our soloing. We can take some hits, but in a prolonged fight we can run into problems...
    Sangre, 70 Zerker
    Leader of Commorien Kindred
    Befallen
  3. ARCHIVED-Lordbelgarion Guest

So a lv 70 zerker can solo. Great but how about lower levels with "not so spectacular equipment" and "not rich" mugs like myself. I'm doing the best i can and using stances appropriately at 38 but it's not helping. Frankly , i'm pretty pissed about it. The only way to solo is to get the best gear? The only way to get the best gear is to be "Connected" with groups and guilds that raid or frequently do quests?

I was very angry way back in the day when they nerfed berserker rage and haste. I cancelled in fact now i decided to come back after two years and it seems things have not gotten better for zerkers, they have gotten worse. I mean I remember dual wielding weapons and raging every 2 to 3 seconds.

THAT WAS FUN.
    now... feh. Maybe I should not grouble but just go away quietly. Help me out here people those of you not lv 70 who are still trying to lv your berzerkers up (Primary mind you not alts who have access to lots of platinum for twinking) what's the deal. Am I the only one here feeling this way? Got tips on where to solo at 38? (Tried darkhollow as a caster said it was "solo friendly" right....chained aggro from 4 -5 gnolls kicked me in the gonads, not friendly)

thanks in advance
  4. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

I am a lvl 59 zerker now - I have been soloing the last 9 lvls cause I have had a difficult time finding a group most nights. The first thing I did when I hit 50 was start to get rare crafted gear made for me. At lvl 53 I had a full set including jewelry. Try to solo the tier below with green heroics/named mobs. With the drop rate of masters increased lately you WILL get some good drops to sell. I spent the last month in CT farming named mobs by myself to get the cash to upgrade all my spells to ADP IIIs. When I turned 59 CT is now all grey to me, by Sol Eye is not deeper down.
    I would strongly suggest trying to get groups in Runneye though - the loot and exp is great for your current level.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

I solo most of the time. Just group with guildees for notable quests. Most of the time I'm chasing down easier stages of quests on my own.
    I do OK. Never grinded, not once, and actively avoided just killing for exp. It's all about the quests for me. Ain't 70 (65 at the mo')as I don't want to be, always want to see the exp bar going up, in as small increments as I allow it.
    We solo OK. Wouldn't know how we compare to other classes in this regard, I'm a fighter not a lover. :smileywink: I leave the cloth wearing pansies to other people.
    Our first AA is Bind Wound. Which heals us a little and improves our combat arts for the next fight. Along with our couple of health regen arts we're like Duracell bunnies, without the fluffy tail.
    Our regular combat arts are very characterful and compliment our imagery well. Further, we end up with about 6 AE's. Each with some variety in how and when to be used. They make jumping amongst a group of mobs fun, especially if you have "let the bodies hit the floor" playing in the background. :smileytongue:
    At 35 (I think it was) we get unyeilding will. We come back from the dead, temporarily. Nifty when you're close to finishing off that tricksy fight "gimme just a few more seconds". We get a similar ability much later on.
    Like other classes, it's around level 50 we take off. We get juicier upgrades, and wholly new lines of arts that all scream zerker.
    Power has always proven a bigger issue than health. I wouldn't leave the house without my manastone, without one totems could do the job though.
    Gear hasn't evidently been a big issue. I've spent the last few tiers decked out in mastercrafted gear and it's served me fine. Looks good too, one suit of matching armour. Those poor raiders, they might think folk looking upon them are doing so with envy, but they should look again, it's pity. They look like a close up of a garish tartan.
    We get a lovely offensive stance and I'm told we have a defensive stance. I wouldn't know, I'm a zerker, so it's offensive or nothing for me.
    We can use pretty much all the weapons - sheilds too I'm told, wouldn't know, I'm a zerker not a guardian wannabee. :smileywink: (nah, use a shield for raids and powerful names, that's all their needed for though.)
    We're tanks, and good ones. Especially in group situations. Our agro management is peachy. Got a constant source of hate gain so we don't even need to spam the taunts to maintain agro. The ae's help in this regard too.
    We tank well as zerkers, our combat arts compliment the task. We tank by being zerker. There are zerkers out there that tank by being tanks, rather than tank by being zerkers. There's a difference. The former tank in a cookie cutter tank way, equipping a shield and one hander and spamming taunts while missing what a zerker truly brings to the table. It might just be a preference though.
    We can use dual weilders nicely. Looks good too. As does toting a massive 2hander. Like I say, we can use a 1hander and shield, but we can also wear leather and spam the dance emote, doesn't mean we should. :smileysurprised:
    Solo or in a group, it's fun. You get to shout RAWR, and kill stuff while the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune merely make you more berserk and kill stuff better. :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

How you fight is just as important as what you fight. I am currently lvl 39. I also spend a lot of my time going around by myself. Sometimes groups are just to restrictive.
    Against a pure melee class, you can do CAs to your hearts content, burn through all your power and burn them down.
    Try that against a healer, and they are going to own you. They will get you out of power, then wear you down. (happened to me). Put on my shield and 1 hander, went back, and didn't do a single CA except those that stop casting. Killed the mob with 90% health, 80% power. HUGE difference.
    I am mainly wearing gear I bought through broker or I got by questing myself. I have a couple of legendary items (dwarven work boots, shard necklace,etc) Watch the broker and look for stuff with a minimum level of where you are now. I bought a standard drop ebon sword for 10 gold and now just do mainly auto attack damage and can easily do blues with no problem, some whites, heck, some yellows. The important thing is to pick and choose and be smart. Don't expect to do blue heroics, you aren't going to be able to. Do the soloable mobs and you will be fine.
    I really haven't had much of a problem getting groups for runnyeye, even at lvl 34. People want a plate tank.
  7. ARCHIVED-firewolf Guest

I practically soloed my berserker from 1 to 48. He is my highest character. All gears are a mixture of treasured and legendary gear that I bought from broker. Whenever I see a piece of gear with better mitigation and stats, I'll buy it if I've enough gold. With better gear you gets better in soloing. The gold mainly comes from selling adepts, crafter books, haversted stuffs, collections items, quest reward and corpse loot. Sure there are other classes that can solo better, but I like to solo multiple mobs encounter. Tried bruiser and paladin, the lack of AE damage kind of put me off. Never runs into power problem so far. Against healer mobs it is easy, just time your stun/stifle when you see the animation.
  8. ARCHIVED-Propstr Guest

I jumped onto the Vox server 1 month ago exactly. Broke as a joke..no money to twink with. So I started crafting. Keep my crafting lvl about 10 lvls higher than my adventure lvl. Which with the new patch its easily done. This allows me to farm rares even in zones I cant hunt in yet. So, when I hit 20 I had a full set up Steel gear, imbued chest and legs, imbued fir bow, fir shield, steel weaps. I purposely waited on leveling til my gear was decent. I did the same thing before hitting 30, feysteel and oak gear. To my surprise I can solo [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] near anything, using my head of course. like mentioned above cant go do even con'd ^^^ heroics... Today I asked a guardian in my guild what his buffed mit was, he had gear that he had gotten from drops or bought on the broker, I had 1600 he had around 900-1000. We were same lvl - 30. So, i think going crafted gear, while gathering the rares yourself is the most effective way of gearing up if all you do is like to solo. Still can't beat hopping into a group farming nameds for legendary/fable gear.
  9. ARCHIVED-Golelorn Guest

I've soloed all the way to 42, so far. I wouldn't say we are the king. I place us at average. Necroes and Conjurers are the king. As long as you stay away from heroic mobs we can solo anything that is 2 or 3 lvls higher.
  10. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

Soloing is a mixture of gear and skill. Get imbued weapons, long bow, chest, legs, shield and you should really kill.
    For tanks just unleash, I usually use dual wielders on them with procs to cut them down quick. With mages/healers wait until you see them casting interrupt as frequently as possible. When doing HOs save your stuns/knockdowns/taunt with interrupts for when they are casting, and try to complete the HO a different way. You can also stun them, then run back fire off 1 or 2 arrows and come back in. Doesn't take your power besides the stun.

I wait to use my mit buffs until after I pull with my LB. If you are low on power try kiting them with the bow auto-attack if you have enough room to not pull every mob surrounding you. I have killed many tough mobs this way. I am not a high level zerker, but I have learned the class fairly well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Forbinx Guest

I soloed a bit on the way to level 50. Around level 50 I decided to invest alot of time/plat into getting very good crafted legendary items, almost every slot is a rare crafted item (mostly pre-nerf).

When I had these upgrades, my soloing ability shot through the roof. Along with this Many of my AOEs and offensive abilties are adept III.

So I think soloing is a mixture of gear/spells and skill. However seeing as how in groups I am the MT 90% of the time I group FAR more than I solo. Unless of course you prefer soloing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Akita51 Guest

I'm a 46 zerker and have returned to the game after a 1 year absence.
    Currently I'm finding soloing very slow going. I'm trying to change up my tactics on what I fight and how , otherwise the grind to higher levels might do me in again.
  13. ARCHIVED-Etherin Guest

The old adage about watching paint dry applies here. Berserkers are among the slowest killers out there. Waiting for rampage and open wounds to recycle in my opinion isnt justification for claiming zerkers are excellent dps. Zerkers pale compared to monks bruisers and scouts in terms of levelling speed while soloing. They fill their role as a tank well, and thus work best in groups. This is not a solo class. You are only shooting yourself in the foot if you roll a zerker for soloing.

To back up my concerns, I had a very hard time finding groups on AB since there are just too many zerkers out there. So much so that in order to free up an alt spot, I deleted my zerker. Sold all of his cobalt armor and items... even sold the elkhazi carpet for a whopping 20 silver. Got plenty of other alts that are more fun.
  14. ARCHIVED-sythys Guest

im only lvl 29 but as of right now I find soloing not a problem at all. I tear through stuff my lvl just as fast as by bruiser friend in fact. I duel wield with really nice weapons. Maybe that is the difference? I don't know.

I don't find soloing slow or problematic at all right now and I hope that doesn't change at higher lvls.
  15. ARCHIVED-ShockG1 Guest

Hello all, I have a 24 zerker, I've soloed probobly 98% of those lvls. Only grouped when I was on the isle. This is my first tank toon, other 5 on my account are caster type. I can clean house up to lvl 27's just as long as they are solo mobs and non-heroics. Hehe, I decided to attempt a fight with Chip Tooth, just to see if I could succeed. Guess what I didn't stand a chance, he killed me before I got him to 65%. Was a fun try though none the less. Guess I'm not one to be giving you advice on if zerkers are good soloers, BUT THEY SURE ARE FUN SOLOERS!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy: Solo Zerker, just go crazy.:smileyhappy:
  16. ARCHIVED-azwesjr Guest

I did 38-42 in Lavastorm on drakes non agro 41-42ish mobs.

As the 2nd post stated spells at least to ap3 or masters will make a hugh differance, as will gear.

AA's will mater as well, I took the reverse buckler line and I love it. Using the Hammer of the Forgemaster and a buckler.\, all other gear is geared to my level.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vindorus Guest

I tried to solo a lv 70 ^^^ mob in PoA but it was impossible for me. Then I tried an encounter with 3 70 vultaks with ^ - I killed them ;D.
    So in my opinion the zerker is great to solo heroic encounters with more than 1 mob.
    You know this bixie on the bixie isle in TT? Polencia or something...no way to kill it for me and even a ranger is able to do this =(.
  18. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

I've soloed most of my 70 levels, with raids and grouping mixed in, the majority of the time I solo though. Lately, I've been doing some soloing in PoA working on the claymore quests. Yesterday in a few hours I died 5 times. But I also soloed 68^^^, groups of 3 69^, and groups of 2 68^^. This was on the second floor, trying to get the maiden part done, I only have a few kills left to finish that quest now. Then I go down to the first floor and die to a 66^^^. Heh.
    Point is, zerkers are good soloers, not the best, but not bad. Also, you will do better against groups of mobs than single mobs. Also, on a few of the fights I was getting beat badly, yelled and ran. waited for the reset and tried it again. Several times I would get the kill the second attempt. Sometimes you get lucky with the RNG and get a good streak of hits while the mob gets poor hits. Other times it's the exact opposite and you get your [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] handed to you by something you knew you could beat.
    Another tip, which is kind of a sucky way to do it, but it helps if you really need a quest update. If you are trying to get updates on stuff you can't kill or have a hard time killing. Look for grouped ^ mobs and pick them off one at a time. Engage the group, kill the caster or priest first, yell and run away. Then come back and pick off another mob yell and run, then come back and get the last one. It sucks to do it this way and if you get unlucky you can die easily, but I do it when I really need a quest update and can't get help.
  19. ARCHIVED-sammythebull Guest

i've only been a Zerker for 3 days (Guardian since launch) but i can already tell it's as simple as "yes, we're good soloers vs multiple mob encounters". I don't notice that much difference in single mob encounters as a guard or zerk but 3 or 4 and there's no contest, zerker burns em down in 1/4 the time, at least.

As far as heroic ^^^ mobs like polencia, i doubt a guard or a zerker could do it, just not enough single target dmg output. I feel i knew how to play a guard about as good as anyone, had about half fabled/half legendary and all masters/adept III CA's and I couldn't do it, while my g/f a 65 illusionist can do it w/ no sweat.