Zerkers need Feign Death and Perminant haste increases

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Elkay, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-hoosierdaddy Guest

While you're constructing a wishlist, I'd like: a) plate armor b) heals/wards c) evac/safefall/tracking d) a pet that can outdamage scouts e) the ability to reach my damage potential without pulling aggro (but I wouldn't have to worry about aggro if you just gave us plate) f) and, oh yeah, I want FD too!!! Yay!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks in advance =D,
    Kairos
  2. ARCHIVED-Rayx0r Guest

A berzerker playing dead during zerker rage...

now theres some logic...
  3. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

Pretty silly idea, I love playing my Zerker, but honestly FD would be waaaay over the top for that class.

But, I have an SK I play a lot too. I like my SK, but going from her to my Zerker is like /godtankmode on.
    I honestly don't think Berserkers need more, do some tanking as an SK, you'll appreciate all that a Zerker can do a lot more in comparison.

Berserkers are just fine, IMO.
  4. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Hmm, not to sound rude here but if you want an FD skill why not make a SK toon and play that instead. Berserkers as you say are tenaceous little bugers and I have grouped with several berserkers. Offensive mode or Defensive mode some of those buggers draw aggro right off me pretty quick. My SK *level 70* has an adpet III shield bash, adept I single taunt and a Master II AoE taunt which pretty much covers it.
    Zerkers are good as they are and to give them an FD skill would kinda corrupt SKs. If zerkers get an FD skill I would demand that SKs get a proc on their defensive buff that increases hate or does addition damage.
  5. ARCHIVED-kenman Guest

I've been saying Berserkers need FD for ages.
    Seriously, what kind of a dimwit can't just drop to the ground and do nothing? I do it all the time when a monk groups with me, but I get stupid without one?

We also need tower of stone, and swap that crappy HP regen skill with the guardians max HP buff.
  6. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Well since we are asking for things necros need....oh wait we already can do everything.
    Wait I'm wrong. Necros need the ability to disarm chests.
  7. ARCHIVED-EQII_Faealan Guest

You need to look at your class lol. What do you want to be? An epic? Maybe you're right though, well sony is giving you FD my ranger would like some nice heals, able to wear plate, oh, and since I'm always using my focus CA make it a perm buff.

Zerkers are overpowered as it stands, you'd be best just to lay low and hope to dodge the nerfbat.
  8. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Yeah, I want a plate armor and remain in my same avoidance in this like Zerkers do. Also would like to do same damage with dual wielder classes using Shield & 1h as zerkers do with an AA line. I also want Area Agros and area attacks stunning as well, also I want to gain aggro from every attack I dodged, parried, deflected... Oh and like another poster said I also want mitigation brawler only items, as a reward like the root and evac potions already a reward.

Basically you want to be a monk but does not want to give up stuff I mentioned above... On the ironic side, monks have nothing left original and class specific that other classes can not do better for groups / raids. Haste? FD? Group FD? Heh.. that's why you want to stay zerker may be... Ah yeah, Bruisers & Monks are definitely one of most "different" classes in same archetype. +1300 mitigation buff makes a lot of difference on their side. Only thing those classes have in common is being in leather & trusting extinct avoidance and self-FD.

Oh and I wondered about your pulling tactics making zerkers pullers :D
    Message Edited by selch on 09-29-2006 11:42 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

I wouldn't want Feign Death on my zerker. It's counter to the imagery, and intrudes upon the schticks of other classes.
    Laying down when berserk, and there's killing needed doing... stuff that for a lark.
    Course, if I had it, it'd be fun. I'd use it as most people do, for a giggle to accompany the group banter. But that's hardly a reason to have it eh. I can just squat and go through the /mood faces to look like I'm taking a dump for giggles instead. :smileyvery-happy:
    Of all the abilities out there, I'd never even have considered Feign Death as a want-to-have. The amount of hate we generate, sometimes turning off the Taunting Defense isn't enough to keep us from ripping agro when we ain't the main tank. A de-taunt to direct a portion of our agro at the MA would be top of my list "Rawr! That MA said you stink of goat poo, rawr!"
    Wouldn't argue for that either though. Our berserk aggresions gaining the attention of mobs, wholly appropriate innit.
    Personally, I reckon that classes, and my berserker in particularly, is something I applaud SOE for getting so very right. The arts afforded them are spot on for the class, and fun, if you like that class. :smileyhappy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

I say it a lot already. Prob'ly some kinda Zerk Tourettes. :smileytongue:
  11. ARCHIVED-Dakkon_1007 Guest

You've got to be kidding me... /sigh

A zerker having Feign death is as logical as a monk wearing plate armor.

Don't worry, SOE will get right on this after the LU643 which will make pigs fly.
  12. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Fixed it :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Haha bet that gets annoying in battle! :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Hadanelith Guest

Newsflash:
    Check your DoF "Ancient" abilities. One of them is more or less a Feign Death...
    Too bad the re-use time is 30 minutes. That's about the best you're going to get unless you wanna get nerf'd hard in your other various abilities.

-Hadanelith Raswrolski, 70 Assassin of Kithicor
  15. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

I play a 70 zerker. Although some other utility would be nice, it is definetely not NEEDED. I've survived this long without it, and been having fun with what I have. Zerkers should go down trying, not lay down and play dead. If they ever do decide to give us something else, I would hope it's not a class defining ability that some other class has - that just wouldn't be fair. But then again, the zerker has no class defining ability. We give strength, sometimes haste and DPS, in combat health regen, temporary mitigation, which are things that many other classes give. Someone mentioned in the forums awhile back that it would be cool to have some ability that allows you to basically charge an enemy and blow up, killing yourself, and dealing big damage to the enemy. I thought that was original, and would be cool. Be cool when, on the rare occasion that your group/raid gets an enemy down to like 4% and most of the group/raid is dead and the enemy is running around killing the last few....up runs the zerker with juggernaut horns with a bomb strapped to his back. haha
  16. ARCHIVED-Wargurine Guest

It shows that you have never...ever played a zerker high enough to actually get that ability. Its called Vission of Madness and it does NOTHING of the sort as a FD does. NOT EVEN CLOSE. You die, it immediately rezzes you, usually too fast to even see yourself lay down, and starts to heal you a little bit. I fail to see how that is a FD more or less...
  17. ARCHIVED-Captain Jack Sparrow Guest

Maybe they could just give every class exactly the same abilities, magic, heals, buffs etc. Oh and also let everyone wear any armor they wanted. That'd be cool,no more worrying about what some other class has that we don't, no need to have alts and maybe have a little fun actually trying different ways of playing the game or anything.
    Maybe they could even make everyone look exactly the same too!!!! :)

I shall call you ageless, faceless, gender-neutral, culturally ambiguous, adventurer person. AFGNCAAP for short.
  18. ARCHIVED-Hunadi Guest

I think this post was an attempt to bring out the berserker hate club that keep calling for nerfs. You got a few to come out, you left out that we need a hp buff, and that the penalties of juggernaut should be removed. Hmm, also if we could get some fabled bucklers that would be nice. That should get a couple more out of the woodwork. heh
  19. ARCHIVED-Kiyalin Guest

Apparently a lot of people don't read closely. This was pretty clearly an attempt at humor and some nose-thumming to the nerf wishers, followed by two pages of people responding without actually thinking about them.
    And for the record, I can see a FD'd zerker flopping all over his enemy while in rage, trying to beat him with his limp corpse. Good stuff.
  20. ARCHIVED-KFizzle Guest

Ok look...NO ONE is more "Pro-Zerker" than me...And I didnt even read most of this thread (admittedly) ... but come ON you cannot be serious. While i'd LOVE to have either FD or a Perm Haste increase rather than the proc, We're FINE as is. We have our flaws...see the things about the other classes is, they have more utility type stuff than us, which we make up for with our DPS and extra tankage. If we had those things we'd have to lose something, and i dont want to lose any tankability or DPS.

Thats why i started a Monk alt, so i could have those very things...FD and Perm Haste (as well as Safe Fall). Now i just gotta play that alt more so i could start leveling him