Zerkers need Feign Death and Perminant haste increases

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Elkay, Sep 29, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Elkay Guest

After having played a Berserker since June of 2005 - I've come to this ultimate and undebatable conclusion: Berserkers need a Feign Death skill.

We're more powerful than monks, more tenaceous than bruisers, cause as much damage as a Mage and have more hitpoints and mitigation than any cloth-wearing caster...

Simply put: We're the best pullers in the game. But the amount of hate generated by a ward or pre-pull buff is so overwhelmingly high that it's impossible to prevent the priest in question from dying. They're only chance is to not buff, ward or heal...which means dead Berserker.

Conclusion: Give the zerkers the ability to FD to preserve the lives of our most precious assets: Our priests.

Finally - haste. We self-haste when we're 'berserk' but lets face it - during combat, we're berserk all the time...pony up and give us the buff already - and make the zerk haste a shorter, group-wide, faster haste.
  2. ARCHIVED-Carlidon Guest

Shhht. Dont let the Devs know how good zerker IS now. we will be nerfed soon if they find that out! :smileyvery-happy:
  3. ARCHIVED-phoenixshard Guest

No single class should be able to do everything, or take the primary abilities of another class. That would be making the other class(es) worthless and obsolete. That is something that is always detrimental to the game.
  4. ARCHIVED-Turb0T Guest

You may as well have evac and group invis too then I guess.

Zerkers are FoTM, no need to give them more.
  5. ARCHIVED-Elkay Guest

Pfft...we were nerfed when they broke Rampage...heck even Destruction looks / acts / hits same as Ramp.

I'm all for balancing - I just want to see Feign Death added to my list of skills.
  6. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

If you want evac and plate go play a SK.
  7. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

First off two of my best friends are brusiers. They can solo better than I can as a zerker as they should however FD gives them the ability to skip group content when "travelling" through zones that were meant as group areas. As the perfect example of this is at lvl 70 I have to either fight very slowly in SOS, or get a group to get to the lower level to work on claymore quests. Both of the bruisers i know have only been in the zone longer enough to run around and get the quests done. They still need help with the last few named, but otherwise they do not need a group (in fact slows them done). The other issue I have is the quests and zone were designed in a way to include a lot of travelling around the zone, eg trading info or riddle, where the FDers excel. Combine this with high avoidance and agililty, and monks/bruisers dont not get hit much while running.

I am not calling for a nerf...

But how about give us a FD potion as a reward like the root and evac potions already a reward. How about some mechanic in the expansion where some mobs do not de-aggro to FDers. I dont know, just brainstorming.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gutwrench Guest

Furies deserve feign death too. Nuking and Healing pulls a lot of aggro. When Furies get FD, Berserkers can have it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kyriel Guest

its called an upgrade
  10. ARCHIVED-Lakaah Guest

OP's post was a little odd, but I have to agree with him about haste and berserk. If you're fighting mobs that are tough enough to actually hit you, berserk is always up. Might as well just make it a haste buff. I'd like to see 'going berserk' as something that happens much less frequently, but when it happens, it aught to make me feel like saying 'RAWWWR'.
  11. ARCHIVED-Squelch Guest

What? I dont see any of these 2 problems typically. The priest doesnt die because of pre-warding, and the zerker doesnt die if he doesnt have that pre-buff.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lydiaele Guest

I don't get it. Damage dealing doesn't make a good puller, a good puller wants to keep hate low so the MT can get aggro off quickly. Besides a berzerker is supposed to be a battle crazed nut and playing possum is not in their nature.
  13. ARCHIVED-TsarRasputin Guest

QFE
  14. ARCHIVED-Midomiko Guest

If your priest is dying on your pull, try hitting the mob with your encounter taunt on the run back to the group, barring a resist there is NO excuse for you to lose aggro to a healer from a pre-ward or buff on the pull.
    That said, if you are "more powerful than monks, more tenacious than bruisers, cause as much damage as a Mage and have more hitpoints and mitigation than any cloth-wearing caster", maybe they should take a hard look at the FOTM and let another class have their turn being overpowered compared to every other class in their archtype. :smileyvery-happy:
  15. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

Let the rocord show the post 2 obove references twards bruisers not monks. So if any devs get the 2 to be the same mixed up just dont lol. I dont need another overweight dward in leather just sitting there:smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-DrRothchild Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn], no one caught the OP's subtle attempt at a 'nerf berserker' post? You people are getting slow.
  17. ARCHIVED-Siclone Guest

still not sure if this is a serious post or just a joke,,,it reads like a joke but does not have a punch line
    Zerkers are the single most over powered class in the game bar none....They are great tanks and put out the dps of a scout class.
  18. ARCHIVED-Meeca Guest

what he said ! :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

Now for starters I do not think zerkers should get FD. I do think that some zones like should not allow for such easy train travel.
    My Zerker is DPS and I go RRAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRR all the time. please dont nerf me ! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

It's funny that you mention this because I saw a memo from Sony recently. Their short term plans were to give zerks FD and wizard's plate armor. We'll be like one man armies like in Rambo.