Zerkers moving towards bottom of DPS pile :(

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Locut, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Doodmar Guest

QUOTE:
    "Berserkers are chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage with all manner of weapons. Their furious attacks overwhelm thei opponents, to whom they show no mercy."

So umm.... are we not going to fit into our description anymore?

I don't care at all if I get better defense. I chose to be a berserker because I wanted to do damage as well as take damage. I do -not- want to put my focus into defence seeing as I will not tank a raid due to the fact that guardians will always be the tank in a raid.

So... why do I care about how good my defences are if I can't even use them? There is always a guardian who could do it better.

I want to keep our class the way it is. Damage is what separates us from being just another guardian.
  2. ARCHIVED-Eyes_of_Truth Guest

It has been said time and time and time and time and time again that that quote, and amny others from the web site, is more of a promotional that anything ment a s aconcreat example of this sub-class.
    My Conjuror quest said i woud be able to summon food ammong other things, and unless i use my summonable waterstone to go catch me some fish, or my summoned hp > power shard to eat my own flesh, i dont see ANY food summoning abilities, OR my blancket!!!!
    GOD HELP YOU ALL IF I DONT GET MY BLANKY!!!! <it WAS mentiioned by that lieing filty gnome outside of the mage tower after all /grumble :smileymad: >
    Point is, that 1 little line doesnt define your class for it's entierty, it's just to make them sound cool. If you wanted damage and nothing else, you would ahve choosen mage or scout at level 3, when it told you that was their focus.
    OH i also herd the funniest thing yesterday "An axe in the head is as good as a dagger in the back", then right after this berserker said that, another level 50 berserker walked by wearing, whatelse, but a dagger and a short sword :smileyvery-happy:
    Toodles!
  3. ARCHIVED-Shurinow Guest

That quote he gave is not just from some website banner or trendy t-shirt... It is from the game manuel. You know, the thing that people who buy the game read to know what is what and who is who? Sooooo, what? Was it a lie? It says 'heavy damage'. Period. Scouts seem to think that just because they are meant to do dps nobody else can. Well in walks the berserker. Greetings. The problem is everyone wants to be the star of the team. Scouts and whoever else downs the zerks have an ego that won't stop. People do foolish things like own parser programs. What was said is true--if a berserker can't deal any damage, he is worthless. Why? Because that raid over there already has a tank, he's called a Guardian. Sorry.
    Don't screw with my class.
    Rajon
    50 Berserker and lovin' it
  4. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

So many people are saying we tank as good as guards on raids..... ONLY WHEN A GUARDIAN IS IN YOUR GROUP can you tank as well if not better then one.... ( all the defense buffs, hp buffs blah blah blah ) Berserker dps is overpowered..... at 50 its overpowered against alot of classes partially due to the fact that many zerkers ( like my self ) are all adept 3, Master 1, Have a royal great flail ( simply the most powerful weapon in the game atm ) etc etc....

Buggrit i never made fun of your lvl, but your comments about our class shows that you know very little about the end game for zerkers.... once the buff stacking is fixed the hit point lead warriors had over crusaders and brawlers will become ALOT smaller, stackability between fighters of the same archtype will be fixed.... meaning that dps will be spread more evenly amoung say 4 berserkers in the raid, currently if you have 3-4 in a raid, the one with the best upgraded skills and weapons willhave the massive number over another....

Last but not least, if i wanted to be the super tank , i would have became a Pally or Guardian ( Paladin's post combat changes will ascend to become co-tank gods with guardians via the reduced cost in their heals and wards and the increased effective ness in their wards and agro sieve abilities )

I signed up for good dps, moderate tankability..... only way that can be obtained again is if they brought back the defense penalty for going berserk...

again i ask truly after combat changes, i want to see the difference between the 4 Plate Fighters classes
  5. ARCHIVED-Babayaaga Guest

I just hit 20 on a Berzerker Alt I made recently. I'm aware of the upcoming combat changes, and I can share your frustration when it comes to massive changes being made against established classes this late in the game.
    I chose to try a Berzerker to play with some of my lower-levelled friends mainly because I like being a "front-line" class without a serious cost to DPS. While I love my Monk tremendously, it has always faced challenges in terms of being a class that certainly falls short in the "front-line" classification contrary to what we were told back at release.
    I can empathise with you guys who have enjoyed a class that has problably come closest and truest to what all fighters were told they should be able to do at the outset of the game. I don't believe it is right that anyone should invest a huge bulk of time into something (many months), only to have it completely changed after that time has invested. We don't spend time and effort on things we don't want to do or be, and to have someone change this for you is utterly frustrating.
    At this point I'm hoping that the powers at be recognize this last point and take it very seriously. You can't just take a class and reinvent the wheel this late in the game. Complete role reversals will achieve nothing but frustration for their weakening playerbase.
    Good luck Berzerkers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

I totally think there should be a defense/mitigation cost for going beserk via (rage/bloodlust etc) Its the sacrifice for going zerk and dealing more damage.. the beserker is throwing caution (and defense) to the wind in a flurry of rage. Not sure why this was ever removed.
    I just dont trust SOE. I've seen what they've done in EQ 1.. with the perceived weak classes getting massive boosts to the point of being overpowered and perceived strong classes getting nerfed into oblivion. Seems to be a standard operating procedure , ripe full of knee jerk reactions to appease the whining masses.
    There are weaknesses in the scout/predator/rogue lines. There are weaknesses in the chanter line. Monks/Bruisers for the most part can't equally tank with the plate classes (but they do an **** load more damage in the process) . Fix the other classes dang it. Leave us alone. We've got our nitche, lets not do a 180' and wipe out an entire classes entire stated purpose of being. Almost 8 months I've been playing this game, and now my character is moving down to bottom of dps charters , just above priests? 3 Master 1's , 3 Adept 3's for skills that post patch might not even be worth the 10p+ it cost to upgrade them?

This is like selling someone a brand new Porsche then 7 months later dropping off a Volkswagen Beetle and saying "I hope you enjoyed your Porsche, but we've decided that you should have this car instead. Oh ya, make sure you keep sending us the payments on the Porsche!".
    I'm sorry, but I don't think so.
  7. ARCHIVED-Chogar Guest

Here is a post from Moorgard about class descriptions found in various areas (website). You can find the post here:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=4&message.id=5006&query.id=0#M5006

The part that I will point out is (highlights are mine)

Moorgard:

Some posters are citing the two-sentence class description on the website as a definition of everything the class should be: "Berserkers are chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage with all manner of weapons. Their furious attacks overwhelm their opponents, to whom they show no mercy." Some of you have invested your own emotional reactions into what you feel this is supposed to mean, but those descriptions were written to give lore-based flavor, not define everything a class is. It can just as easily be argued that berserkers as they stand today fit that description just fine.
  8. ARCHIVED-caine71 Guest

Chogar:

Here is a post from Moorgard about class descriptions found in various areas (website). You can find the post here:

The part that I will point out is (highlights are mine)

Moorgard:

Some posters are citing the two-sentence class description on the website as a definition of everything the class should be: "Berserkers are chaotic warriors who inflict heavy damage with all manner of weapons. Their furious attacks overwhelm their opponents, to whom they show no mercy." Some of you have invested your own emotional reactions into what you feel this is supposed to mean, but those descriptions were written to give lore-based flavor, not define everything a class is. It can just as easily be argued that berserkers as they stand today fit that description just fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."--Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

Ok we have seen this post from Moorgard before, and I'll say it again, it a scape goat excuse. Cmon, what if you bought a car based on what the manual said, then to find out instead of a Hemi engine, it a had a 2 cylinder lawnmower engine? If that was just lore, it should have been stated as such, it was meant to be a description pure and simple. SOE is just backpeddling now, as they do so well. This so called combat overhaul, that they think we need, is going to be the death of EQ II for many of us subscribers. SOE is just doing the numbers to see if the losses will be accepatable or not :) If they think they'll lose to much money, things will get changed or not changed whatever. The only things that need balanced severley is the healer classes imhp, the fighters are fine the way they are, as far as combat anyways. I'm a zerker geared towards dps, so if I lose that, then SOE may lose me as a subscriber. Just depends how good DOF is, I might be swayed:)
  9. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Some of the more recent stuff being said has given me a bit of relief and put me more into a wait and see rather than a sky is falling stance.
    Sounds to me like over all this patch might actually boost Zerkers ability to tank raid content and possibly expand our roles from being dps in raids to off tanks in raids which is even better.
    Khalad has a post referring to specific things said by Moorgard... take a look!

Message Edited by Jvaloth on 07-25-2005 06:57 AM