Zerkers in the upcoming BG's ?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

I just resubbed and decided i will play a zerker that i powerleved to 80 last time i played. The main reason i am back is for the BG's so i just want to get some info on zerker pvp. I am just curious as to what roles i can play in pvp, am i always expected to tank, can i do good in kill mode, are zerkers good for pvp? What is your experience and/or expectations of zerkers in the BG's? Since i play on a non pvp server, will i need to get raiding gear for top notch pvp, or will it be something more sinple like shard gear now?

I recently created what i think is a good AA build for pvp and soloing. This build in pvp will serve as a tank, but more on the offensive side;
    http://www.thebrasse.com/eq2/aaxp.p...035255500005055
    http://www.thebrasse.com/eq2/aaxp.p...004040400000001

and here is my group tank build;
    http://www.thebrasse.com/eq2/aaxp.p...035055500005555
    http://www.thebrasse.com/eq2/aaxp.p...004040400000001
    (could not find an aa calc for shadow line)

Any advice or experience you can share is appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

From my own experiences you'll have a lot of fun with a zerk in PvP. Try to biuld your aa's to be as tough as possible as well as making your taunts easier to land. Belly smash in WIS line is very usefull at droping a targets physical mit so may be worth looking into that. As for gear, well, if your playing against other PvE players there's a high chance that you'll be in similar gear etc from heroic instances unless you have access to raid gear. When those of us from the PvP servers come along you could see a big difference in how our PvP gear helps over the heroic stuff ;) It would be fair to say that you need to get the best armor and jewlery available to you to make you as tough as possible and able to hold agro.
    Taunts in pvp will lock a target or group to you for a short duration so increased taunt amounts are no benefit but reduced resistability is.
    Your abilities and CA's will need to be as high a grade as possible also. Having half decent gear and running around in Adepts are not going to help you in a pvp environment. But again fighting others from PvE servers will probably be easier than from PvP servers as they will be similary setup.
    Having all the aa abilities available to you for your level is also a major bonus. T8 is the only time on a PvP server we can spend more than 1.5times our aa to level. So although at launch the BG's will only be for t8/9 players when they bring them in for the other teirs it will be very interesting to see how they rescale aa's as currently PvE players can accumalate and spend max 100 aa at level 10 and then 200aa at level 70.
    People will be looking to take stacked groups in to these zones to try and make the fight as much in their favour as possible. So this will mean that more often that not you'll be expecting to tank as true dps classes will do better at what they need to do in pvp. Have your macro's to hand to switch off hand and shield as you will find that some fights you'll need to be fully defensive where as others you'll be able to go crazy with dps and burn people down. Of course throughout a fight situations change so much easier to macro than hunt in your bags to equip a weapon or shield. The same as potions etc.
    Think of PvP fights as extra tough heroic fights where the mob you are fighting will do random and unknown things. Having a tight as group as possible which all compliment each other will be your strongest option and know what your opponents weaknesses are for their class. Some fights you'll come across you'll just own your opponents and others you'll get your a** handed to you. Learn from the mistakes and you should do fine.
  3. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

Thanks for the input, i am feeling good about playing the zerker as long as i can get some kills in pvp. As for the AA's i would like to invest in that line (definatly want the final that removes stance penalties) but i dont know which line to give up for it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

I have to be honest and admit i don't use the rest of WIS line in my pvp spec, although most of my pvp is whilst in my tank spec as it's when i'm heading to zones. As the BG's are going to be pre determined fights i.e. you will be expecting an opponent to come rather than be suprised, you may want to consider getting end STA ability. An even matched pvp fight can last for well over 30mins so power can become a large issue over that time. Your stance mastery is only really good for 1 thing in pvp and that is making you not have the slowed effect whilst hunkering. Seeing as people will be looking to stand and fight in these BG's you will be stood toe to toe with other players so they really shouldn't be looking to run. On open pvp servers people will stand and fight you untill they get a kicking and then try to run away, thats when it helps having stance mastery. Slow them with hunker and not be affected by it your self to finish the killing. Also don't underestimate shield effectivenes in STA line. There is a high chance you'll be using shields to make you that much tougher so points in that do help with your avoidance.
    I don't know what friends etc you have or gear that you have equiped but depending on group make up, gear and buffs dps and haste are easy to cap on zerker so try not to worry about plowing loads of aa's into them unless you really need to.
    Untill you realy get in these instances and try out a few different specs it will be hard to say yes thats a good spec or no that is not so great so try different combinations and respec aa's if you see you need points else where.
    As i said before i can see people from PvE servers having very interesting fights in these BG's but i think when they get matched up against people from PvP, at least for the 1st couple weeks, it could be a little one sided. Most people at the end of TSO now have their pvp armor which is on par to the TSO raid gear. Going up against people in t2 shard gear is not a pretty sight for them as i have seen 1st hand.
  6. ARCHIVED-Payneal The Great Guest

I am having some trouble holding aggro in group PVE and was wondering if you had any advice? I was told that i should be tanking in offensive stance, is this true?
  7. ARCHIVED-joxuj Guest

Habaloo@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    yes unless u have a warden in ur group.