Zerkers getting agro

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Braxter, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

I've played with this as a guardian grouping with zerkers - don't use any group buffs. I have call of command and rallying cry also, so let me cast please. Don't initiate bloodlust until I have landed my first round of taunts (only takes about 10 seconds max). Everything should be good for the rest of the fight if I do the following as a Gaurdian:

1. Pulling/starting taunts: Anger, Shouting Cry, Hold the Line, Taunting Challenge, Bury, Taunting Blow
    2. Good dmg: Wound, Ruin, Slam, Mangle, etc.
    3. Group buffs: Command, Rally, etc.
    4. Taunting skills again

Guardian's generate huge aggro with those skills - enough to outhate every class in the game besides a zerker with bloodlust on. Just wait a bit on the bloodlust and then go to town. It should be all good.
  2. ARCHIVED-RanariusEQII Guest

Sounds like the same issue a wizard or healer has. You have to give the MT time to get agro before 'going to town'. Any good wizard knows that he can't start chain nuking as the puller is just getting back. Any good healer knows not to chain heal the tank too early also. Sounds like zerkers have something to learn now too, don't use bloodlust too early in the fight....

Now for someone to test it out! ;) (I would but I haven't been able to play for 2 weeks /bonk network)

Ran
  3. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

It works. I grouped with a Zerker for hours the other night with no problems once we worked on getting her aggro under control. She was still constantly oop and doing great damage she said, she was just doing it in a different way.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rizzardo Guest

The only way bloodlust would not get u agro is if it didnt add the berserk effect..... making it a pretty useless skill, so stop whining about bloodlust getting u agro and just use call to arms, same skill but doesnt make u berserk, thats the only option unless u want us to get nerfed..... again..... ull go berserk 20 times in a fight from bloodlust alone, each is like buffing yourself, so try doing 20 buffs in a grp over and over and see if u get agro

Hisoka Zodyleck, 27 Berserker
    Nektulos Server
  5. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

Uhhh.. they could just lower the hate generated. the DMG isn't the problem its the hate. You guys don't outdamage assassins, rangers, or wizards yet you have more hate. Its a bug not as intended obviously.

OR you could be a smart dps and not unload at the start of a battle. Wait for the guardian to get a good level of hate before using bloodlust. It works.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aylindel Guest

Are you crazy? Bloodlust is one of the best skills i have an i use it every time except against group encoutners when i want to use Bloodrage. Yes i had to change my Mind i wanted to be a DD in Group but now i play as MT and i can say Berserker is "THE" MT because no other class can generate so much Hate to the Mob as Zerkers when Berserk progs.

I have finished my Armor quests and have some drop parts of Heavy Armor which are better then the armor quest pieces and my AC is higher then my HP with level 25, 75% of my skills are Adept1 and the rest is Appr3 so i think i can Tank very well and the Duals i use do very good dammage too.

So who need a Guardian or Paladin/SK when he can have a Zerker?

I can only suggest work on your gear this Armorqeust are really boring sometimes when you need to camp mobs but they give you a decent Equipment for your level and are worth the hard work. Search the Broker and Blackmarket for Zerker Spells every day and put your last silver in it they are worth every coin.

Yesterday i saw a level 23 Berserker in nektulos he wears some Medium Armo pieces and Armor pieces from Newb land everything was grey on him and his AC was 100 points lesser from the wizard in my group with same level i doubt he putet all his money in Adept1s. this is not the guy you want to have as Maintank so work on your gear.

Greetings
    Aylindel
  7. ARCHIVED-Mazzus Guest

I would always steal aggro from the Guardian MT while Dual Wielding with Bloodlust on, but much more rarely would I steal it when I switched to a 2 Hander. Granted, the 2 Hander was not as good as the DW weapons (it's the Axe you get from the Bers. class quest, and I'm 23). However, this does seem to indicate to me that it's not just the activation of the Berserk buff that's generates the aggro, but possibly weapon speed or damage that has a large influence on it.

Mazzus
  8. ARCHIVED-GenesisForgoten Guest

Aylindel that's exactly my point. Assassins, Rangers, Wizards, etc. have learned that dumping on a mob early or hard results in aggro so they manage that **mods 4 teh win!!1!** to not draw it. I have the best gear possible for my level. In a group fully buffed I'll break 1900 armor at level 26. I'm sorry but you arn't going to top that at my level so I should be tanking. As you said, most zerkers are running around with crap armor and good weapons and drawing aggro like ill played assassins. Its not the well equiped Zerkers I'm getting pissed off at its the ones that draw aggro and OOP the healer in 2 seconds and complain to me like its my fault. Learn to not draw aggro or get armor (or do both) but don't blame me when the other 22 classes are able to manage their hate.
  9. ARCHIVED-dragula Guest

Bloodlust is just super agro, I used it mid battle that means letting main tank build up agro, I still steal agro.
    Just don't use Bloodlust if you not MT that what I will do now, it gets kinda boring to not berserk but it's better for group organization then stealing agro all the times when not main tanking.
  10. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Last night I bought a weapon called the SkullSplinter I believe, it was 3.7 DELAY. Hehe. I used that in conjunction with Bloodlust (which made the delay not so horrible) and I was able to keep aggro off myself "most" of the time. I could pull it by going nuttier-than-a-snickers with styles though.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bzerk Guest

I think probably the worst part of the whole berserk thing is that in later levels other classes dont understand our specials will require us to be in a berserk state. The only way we get berserk is either get hit in battle, have someone in group get hit (ie Bloodlust), or use a special to temp activate it which will be same as buffing in battle. So at the lower levels we may not need to use bloodlust or want to if not MT but at higher levels I would like to be able to do my class special ability in a battle than just sit there and be a PC hitting a mob. You may not like it now but later it will be an issue at a higher level.
  12. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

OK, call me crazy.. but I seem to have Bloodlust proc when "I" hit the mob.. not when group members get hit.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

I'm normally MT so i've never had this problem until today. Yep Bloodlust is crazy agro and it doesnt matter when I cast it.

In fact, agro in general is Borked if you ask me.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

EDIT
    Message Edited by Mithrull on 12-03-2004 12:41 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Mithrull Guest

I grouped with a Guardian 2 levels higher than me the other day. I got agro so easily I decided to stop using all combat arts. I decided to use only Bloodlust before fights. I STILL got agro on occasion. He was taunting his **mods 4 teh win!!1!** off and using all his power while mine stayed at full. He then started using Hold the Line and was able to finally keep agro. Again, I just stopped using combat arts all together. I got tired and the mobs were easy anyway so it was a nice break. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

Why would you decide to use Bloodlust when you are getting aggro? Bloodlust causes the aggro...
  17. ARCHIVED-Zzik Guest

Bloodlust is an awesome skill to gain aggro. If everything is going to hell and mobs are starting to scatter after healers within 15seconds I can have every mob back on me again.

It is one of my favorite skills I sure hope they don't change it.
  18. ARCHIVED-TheShane Guest

I discovered the agro problem today when I as grouping with some old friends. One of them is the designated main tank. Was in EQ1 and is in EQ2. He created a guardian. Well for the first time tonight I used Bloodlust in a group. The guardian is a very skilled EQ veteran player and knows a lot about tanking, aggro managment, hate, taunting, etc. Normally, before bloodlust, he would be doing all the tanking, taunting, etc. Usually we'll wait, while the mob is mezzed, he builds some taunts into it. Then we attack after he has. Often I will wait till I noticed the damage on the mob is 10 to 15 percent before I start attacking to ensure hte MT has built up a good amount of hate. Well we noticed right off the bat, within a few swings, the mobs change agro to me, all of them. When we were playing without a chanter and he was taunting the groups, all the mobs would change to me at the same time, like their hate level was erased and I was placed at the top. I even tested it waiting till the mob was half damaged, changing from dual weild weapons to a 2h, it still seems to act like an uber super taunt .

The problem is that this makes bloodlust useless if you aren't the MT. I am almost 24 and so far can in no way "berserk" without taking damage or being MT. I thought Bloodlust was designed, from its description, to berserk a berserker when someone else is taking the damage. We are aggrevated with this because it takes away damage I could be doing. It also basicly makes it so I am no differnt then another guardinan doing damage in teh group because I cannot use any defining abilties of my class without the guardian not being able to keep mobs off me. This will become a big problem when damage output is essentual. We don't need two guardians in the group. Berserkers are suppose to be offensive warriors with speicialty in damage output and if we cannot take advantage of that damage output then we are not as useful then having a rogue or ranger for example.
  19. ARCHIVED-MMODrone Guest

Why be a berserker if we can't go berserk.
  20. ARCHIVED-Tristor70 Guest

Guardians are what there name says. Everyone thinks the guardian is the warrior class from eq1, its not. There is a reason he is called a guardian. Its common sense. Everyone should have realized this when the skills were released and they had so many guard skills. Both can tank well, but if a zerker and guardian are in the group let the guardian do what he was meant to do... Guard.