Zerkers getting agro

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Braxter, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Braxter Guest

Seem like whenever I am in a group and am not the MT, after a few hits the mob always turns on me and starts hitting me and the MT cannot pull them off. Anyone know if mobs are just programmed to hate zerkers? or do they attack the person doing the most damage? Seems like this happens even if I dont have any zerker buffs up.

Anyone else notice this or do things just completely hate me for some reason.

Lorand
  2. ARCHIVED-OverlordMLF Guest

Its one of these ;p :

A: the main tank is not taunting or taunting enough

B. you are hitting the mob the main tank is not

C. you are buffing on pulls/in fights

the thing I have noticed is that as we get higher level...the MT needs to be taunting more and more..at some point im imagining the MT will not be able to use many skills that are not taunts.

Early in the game, pre-20, we could get away with (1) shout taunt int he ENTIRE fight...depending on yoru groups makeup, at 20+ it requires some more taunting, especially witha dual wield berserker at a mobs back using skills left and right...mangle/wound and other big damage skills.

Message Edited by OverlordMLF on 11-24-2004 09:33 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Oracle_Centurian Guest

Also make sure you are taunting. Had this happen to me with a lower level warrior doing HO's and taking the taunt before i could hit it...he died :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Strahm_Grymblade Guest

A good spell as a MT to use for aggro is HP buff and resist buff (Rally Cry). Usually in conjunction with Hold the Line the MT shouldnt have a problem with aggro if he has experiance with playing that role.
  5. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"Seem like whenever I am in a group and am not the MT, after a few hits the mob always turns on me and starts hitting me and the MT cannot pull them off. Anyone know if mobs are just programmed to hate zerkers? or do they attack the person doing the most damage? Seems like this happens even if I dont have any zerker buffs up.

Anyone else notice this or do things just completely hate me for some reason."

I have had the same problem, even taking agro from a guardian 3 levels higher who is a good player with good gear. It seems to me that attack speed seems to have a part of taking agro, but not sure. The Buff Bloodlust, seems to generate a ton of agro toward the zerker ( not the casting, just having it up during a fight). I have had to skip it at times to let the MT keep his agro.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aldiyen Guest

yeah, I've also noticed that Bloodlust gives me an insane amount of aggro. a paladin, same level as me, in my guild can never hold aggro when I have it up, and I'm not sure why. I doubt that it makes me do THAT much more damage... not when he's taunting and I'm not
  7. ARCHIVED-Kromus_1 Guest

Exactly, if MT got Hold the line at least adept 1 he can hold off aggro till lvl 25 at least all the time (just suck much power)
  8. ARCHIVED-Nuvian Guest

ive had that problem aswell but only when i had blood rage on and when the MT was an SK,for some reason the SKs ive grouped with said thier class cant taunt,sounda a bit odd if u ask me,is this true or have those ive grouped with not used thier skills the right way?
  9. ARCHIVED-dragula Guest

crusader don't have a lot of taunting power from when I grouped with them, when they MT I always take agro without using any taunt power. Same goes for guardians who got a lot of taunt power but still I always steal aggro , but then again don't forget berserker are offensive tank so we must create agro by doing dmg that's the way I see it.
  10. ARCHIVED-SofaKing1337 Guest

I haven't pulled aggro off the MT unless they aren't doing a good job of it. I even use Intervene on the MT so I can zerk, other wise what is the point of having a zerker in your party without zerking? The gaurdian seems to hold the aggro pretty well, but not as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Levijr Guest

Message Edited by Levijr on 11-27-2004 01:38 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Rizzardo Guest

Pulling agro off a MT is easy as a serker, using bloodlust everytime hes hit and u enrage or go berserk you gain a nice ammount of agro, also ur attack speed and damage buff will put ur damage much higher then the MT unless u use terrible weapons : ) atm i dont have this problem because my gears good and i tank better then most paladins sks and guardians anyhow so its not an issue but for those who arent like that i recommend using call to arms and not bloodlust and if u want to serk it does work using damage skills not only bloodlust : ) easiest way around it is this.... get better gear then all the guardians and crusader types and become the main tank : ) at 25 i can hold agro and take hits from two lvl 31++s and live quite easy so tanking for a serker shouldnt be too much of a problem

Hisoka Zodyleck, 25 Berserker
    Nektulos Server
  13. ARCHIVED-Lachlan Guest

Any idiot can steal aggro! Your job as off-tank is to do max damage while controlling your aggro. Beserkers are a heavy armor tanking class and should be MT in many situations regardless of the existance of Guardians in EQ2. That said, there will be many groups where a better equipped or higher level tank is available than the beserker ( or guardian for that matter ) in which case you keep below the number 1 spot on the hate list, still doing loads of damage if you are good at it, watching out for healers or casters who draw mobs not handled by crowd controllers.

How common is it for the off-tank to actually try to steal aggro because he's confused MT with alpha male in the experience group? A little too often, frankly. Heavy tanking classes need to learn to fill 2 or 3 different roles equally well. Guardians must be able to off tank, 'Zerkers and SK's must be able to MT well. Share the load and be team a team player, you'll be one of the best on your server.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ainmer Guest

As a Guardian, I'm going to say Berserkers generate far too much more aggro than any other class in the game. Berserkers that use Bloodlust are essentially impossible to hold aggro against, often even with Hold the Line. Often the Berserkers I would group with would be lower level than me and not using a single combat skill, yet still steal aggro.

Before you talk about how it must be the tank or the berserker's fault, consider this: No other class generates near the aggro of a berserker. Assasins, Rangers, Wizards, Warlocks, all of them can go to town and I don't have much of a problem holding aggro at all.

I think this is bugged, and Berserker aggro post-level 23 needs to be seriously reviewed.
  15. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

It's Bloodlust. I tested yesterday with a level 26 Guradian with Adept 1 taunts and some nice weaponry. We couldn't figure out WHAT the heck was going on, he kept telling me to cool it and not tanut etc...(this is guildy) and I told him, I hadn't even been styling much!!

So I tested. I turned off Bloodlust, he held aggro. I turned on Bloodlust, and just auto-attacked, no specials or anything, and WHAM aggro city in 3 combat rounds.

Something is wrong with Bloodlust. Fix it please devs.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bzerk Guest

I have been having this problem too and after 23 with blood lust I found the only way to explain it is the berserk buff. If berserk is programed to register as a buff then basically anytime someone is attacked in group the mobs consider you buffing in battle. Its like casting a buff everytime a mob swings. The best way around it is not to fight it but embrace it especially if you have a guardian in group. Just ask the guardian to use his defensive specials like ally on the berserker and have the berserker MT. Its amazing how much mana the healers save doing this.
    Message Edited by Bzerk on 11-28-2004 10:51 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

I agree, it has to be the buff. Funny thing is, it's a self-only buff.. sigh.
  18. ARCHIVED-Graol Guest

Did you Bloodlust before or after the pull. I'd be interested (as a guardian myself :) to see if you could use your selfbuff before the pull and if it makes a difference. Buffs in this game DO create a ton of aggro. I tend to use Rallying Cry alot during fights not because of the buff effects, but because it allows me to hold aggro alot better. If you get a chance try to test using bloodlust before the pull and see if it generates as much aggro.
  19. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Just having bloodlust up, not casting it causes the agro. At level 29 I can not use it if I am not tanking.
  20. ARCHIVED-LumpyDoo Guest

You can cast Bloodlust befofe, during, hell even after and I bet the mobs corpse would friggin attack you..

Bloodlust is crazy aggro.