Zerkers feel bad about the damage nerf? You should, read on.

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Castor, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Castor Guest

2. ARCHIVED-YellowSpinE Guest

Just seems like more whine. A lot of scouts don’t think they are tanks. However they do state they can off tank singles, etc. No issue there. An unexpected add someone should be able to tank that single mob for a little bit.

Anyway .. whine whine whine ... 95% of this board.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sipherious Guest

My damage is fine, thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-reakshavoc Guest

Its fine now but next weeks nerf is gonna hurt all fighter classes on dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Castor... where are you getting the idea that the Zerker class was meant to DPS? This never ceases to amaze me. A plate class, branch of the warrior archetype, high HP, High AC, High defense and mitigation, Tower Shield using character... is DPS to you?
  6. ARCHIVED-Bhronn Guest

Message Edited by Bhronn on 02-13-2005 07:31 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

-Aonein- only problem with crusader types power running out it if they have a manastone..... then that becomes a void issue....

Zerkers as "effective" maintank ( dmg mitigation wise ) is the worse out of all the plate tanks..... we are agro hogs but we mitigate the worse.....

Strykr Destructicus
    40 Berserker

PS to the #$#hole who said we were never ment to DPS.... who said scouts were ment to be topdog DPS also? Look at our spell line and look at how we are geared for AE dps.... they had to nerf Rampage because it was too effective...
  8. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Same question to you my semi-literate friend. How is an obvious tank class being turned into a DPS in your mind? We are clearly a tank first that does good DPS for a fighter class, in theory anyway. So zerks should approach or equal Scouts but not be higher DPS than them, as I see it.

But to answer you, SoE has commented on what the order was meant to be for DPS:

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=chars&message.id=5736&page=1

In case it needs saying, we are a fighter archetype.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bhronn Guest

I never said a berserker "cannot" tank. I said we dont tank as well as other plate classes. As far as a shield is concerned you will parry from your offhand 3X the amount of dmg than you will block. Do a search on this site. Several posts concerning this. The extra AC from the shield does nothing when you are at the AC cap of the mob. If you have current armor on for your class like every good tank should you are at this ac cap.I was not ranting per se, I just think fixes should be handed out instead of more nerfs,

Bhron
  10. ARCHIVED-Resstin Guest

i just tested this shield theory the other day on solo mobs in everfrost. i am 42 they are 49(the bears). attempting one with no shield i was nearly dead by the time i finished it. i thien equipped a sheld and 1hander and ripped through about 8 more, never dropping below half health. if the sheild isnt doing anything then the pike of the thicket must just be a way better weapon than teh serrated bone dirk+ebon flail combo, which i find hightly doubtful.
  11. ARCHIVED-Elslav Guest

Hmm.. I am hearing this more and more lately and I am wondering when this changed. From what I understand about the classes in this game fighters WERE supposed to do the most melee DPS and be second overall in damage!

Mages were supposed to do the most damage
    Fighters were supposed to do the most melee damage
    Scouts were supposed to do burst damage

The way that this was all described was that Scouts were not considered damage dealers as in how Rogues were in EQ1, the reason this was like this is that Scouts provided so much more utility to the group in its Evacs, Pathfinding, Scouting abilities, Tracking, HO Wheel coining, Disarm Traps.. Damage for scouts really wasnt something they were built for other than their positional attacks which all had various timers to make them big hitters but only once a battle sometimes longer.

Fighters doing damage was one reason why I even wanted to play a Guardian/Zerker, from what I understood melee damage was one of the ways that fighters kept aggro. They said ALL fighter sub classes can tank equally as well as the next, the way they mitigate was the difference.. soak vs avoidance and so on.

If this is not true anymore that fighters are meant to do the most melee damage, when was this changed to become the old EQ1 way where tanks sit there taunting for the life of them to hold aggro while the 10 rogues go backstab the mob to death with their overpowering attacks??
  12. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

My understanding was that Fighters are supposed to do a lot of melee damage and Tank. Scouts are supposed to do a lot of melee damage and give utility. Apparently SoE is saying scouts will do more DPS, I dont know how much more, but thats the first "official" statement I've seen on it. In EQ1 rogues did insane damage and warriors did ok damage, I'm guessing it's intended to be a much closer thing now.

As I see it our (Zerks) DPS should be very close to a scout, but I really dont know SoE's plan =/
    Message Edited by Dashel on 02-14-2005 06:20 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Also, quick question on the Shields, did the people who tested it and found shields to suck do it before or after the patch on Jan 6th?

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=stat&message.id=48&highlight=shield#M48

- Adjusted shields to provide a more noticable benefit at higher levels of quality.
  14. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Dashel before you say something about my literacy you need to check what the thread was about.... Its about other classes who want eq2 to become eq1 again with the same GD sterotypes.... im tired of hearing scouts saying they are dps... berserkers were built for AE dps.... bloodrage in its self is the main reason why.... look at how many AE's we get unlinked by 50? ( more then any other melee ) Plus Rampage....

If scouts want to be melee dps king then im fine with that.... nerf pathfinding , and their evac and we call it even....
  15. ARCHIVED-Dashel Guest

Scouts are DPS.

Zerks: 1. Tanks 2. DPS
    Scouts: 1. DPS 2. Utility (evac, disarm, pathfinding, HOs etc)

As I see it a Tank is essential to a traditional XP group. Most groups will always have 1 tank in it right off the bat. Same for healer. Scout utility is REALLY nice to have but not quite essential. Evac is very close to essential, you'll always take a evac class if there is room and you dont have one. Especially if you're going into a dungeon. But wizzies get evac too, and better DPS.

DPS is the deciding factor so scouts should get slightly more DPS or even with us. What we need to watch is how big the gap is. Should not be too big as I see it.

As best I can figure, this is SOE's thinking on it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sauronrx Guest

right but whos gonna take - a zerker or pally or sk after next weeks patch -- itll be guards as the flavor of the month for main tanking.. then a healer - then a scout - then 3 casters in xp groups...
    bruiser monks - zerkers - all gonna be left behind i predict.. and with the inability or should i say the weakening of our DPS - we wont be able to hold aggro as well especially with wizzies best nukes doing 300% more dmg- now we are high dps - and can tank ok holding aggro while doing that dmg - but very soon we are going to be left behind ....