Zerker Tips on Holding Aggro!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bashem, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Oops, forgot I swapped it out for my Landmark flag! Will switch it back tomorrow, check it out over the weekend.
  2. Droll Active Member

Fabled halls of fate drops the mitigation pike... run that zone a few dozen times. It looks kinda bad appearance wise though. But there are lots of other great appearance swords/axes.
  3. Bashem Well-Known Member

Cool I check it out any see if anything I can buy with my Billion Dungeon Marks. SC is tight until I get all 10 of my toons there 2 merc slots. I really like having the both the 10 yr vet reward mercs the pally and sk on all my toons to swap when needed. Nice perk for me to have but they raised price on slots before I got addicted to using them.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

^^ I just have to say that this has not been my experience at all. I find it FAR easier to tank this zone on my zerk with the ability to maintain some type of damage reduction or self-heal 100% of the time. I've also found it easier to heal a zerk through the zone than any other tank I've run with. ymmv
  5. Droll Active Member

That's because zerks are OP!~

..or perhaps those other tanks just didnt know how to tank.

Guardian stoneskins, mixed with good avoidance, can nulify huge amounts of damage on the real nasty hitters. They cant keep it up 100% of the time, but if they really know their stuff, they are the best for the zone. However the last fight can be real hard on a guard.

Paladins, with great avoidance, seem to have the easiest time in my experience. When you start pushing 60%+ uncontested block, on top of plate tank mitigation, suplemented by their own self heals and damage reduction, a paladin can seem like they arent even taking any damage, and often arent. I've seen some ridiculously low hit rates on paladins.

The zerk I ran it with today, is one of those all mit/block chance types of zerks, in raid gear, and he was spiking pretty bad. We even wiped a couple times (but i think the healer was too busy chatting). Hard to tell who was the real culprit. Last named was a breeze though.

I wouldnt even join the group with a shadow knight tanking. And have yet to go in with a monk or bruiser.

Edit add; Just pulled up the act file and had a look at the last fight. hit rates against a shielded zerk were at 45%. Against me, it would be more like 80%. But one of the palies I run with often enough is usually in the 20% range... and he is nowhere near as geared as that zerk. We didnt have much dps, and i was on my coercer, so there were no hate issues... this time. ;)

I can stand getting hit 80% of the time because I'll be blowing up the heal parse. 250-300k hps is normal for me on that last fight. This zerk did 100k hps. But I also double His dps, with my heroic (BG) gear.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've been in one group with a bruiser tanking Dom. Solo healed by a very good inquisitor. It was easy, but only because dps was good.

I actually betrayed my bruiser to a monk this xpac because of bruisers limitations. Same gear gives me much better stats and longer invulnerabilities as a monk. But I've still not done Dom on him or my SK, due to my zerk always doing it if I need to tank.

I've been in Dom groups with every tank. Personally I feel zerks are the easiest, but paladins are also good. I think both generally can get the highest mitigation levels while still having good other stats. I find SKs a bit harder to heal once their temps finish, and my SK in similar gear to my zerk has 2k lower mitigation. Guards often struggle on last named, but they're ok.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

I grabbed the screenshot to forgot had epic weapon using for appearance so here it is!

[IMG]
  8. Jayol New Member

Here is my current AA spec

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/871879592902/1/

This is the spec i have ran since this xpac came out.. As you can tell my build/gear is all to stay alive for raiding

Aggro really isnt an issue. just cycle your temps right and you should be fine.

This is what i do on pull.

Adrenaline on pull, 10sec into a fight i pop Experienced Insight its great for building up aggro then Insolent cry( depends on the fight if big AOE fight ill pop this first with Adrenaline).
    Then watch your hate bar and i get ready to recuse if needed and use your defensive temps when needed.

If you have more questions or need help with your zerker let me know or message me in game AB.Jayol
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Jayol, I notice you don't use left side prestige deathsave on your survival setup. Don't you feel you need it?
  10. Jayol New Member

I already have 3 DS Evaded Reaper, Unyielding Will and Vision of Madness. if i go down after all that then 1 more isn't going to save me
  11. Droll Active Member

That raidspec gave me cancer it was so bad...

Wasted points on hate gain?
    STA line... really?
    No gutroar?
    No rampagers resilience, because you half ased speced right side?
    You didnt even try to get dual conversion.

Do you even know how to eq man?
  12. Jayol New Member

i had a good laugh at this post.. thanks bud :) you made my day. So for a raid spec zerker i should run with your spec
    witch is here btw http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/867584445230/1/
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

I must admit there are some things you have Jayol that I questioned to myself but I would not dare question someone who's obviously doing Maw stuff on his build.

To me Beserk in the zerk tree is a waste as you're practically always beserk, and gut roar is useful for a 3 sec breather while the healer catches up.

I can see your point about the prestige DS. I rarely need it. But I usually go one side or the other. 15% recast of BF on Chaos isn't worth the sacrifice of right side prestige in the content I do, but I'm not raiding.

Btw, it says you only have 332 points spent.
  14. Jayol New Member

Even good tanks have things they can learn its why i posted here, not to say im the best but to offer help after looking over my own spec, and thinking it over i just might get Gut Roar, the reason i picked Forced Berserk is for those cases i do have to use unyielding will and want a 100% chance i will not die, as well all know if your not berserk once the buff is over you die. i don't want that to happen. the reason i did not take the 15% to recast BF is simply it rarely works. here and there it will work.. when i do spike i use Perfect Counter and if i really start taking damg i throw up Dragon reflexes.
  15. Jayol New Member

16. Regolas Well-Known Member

I have got no issues specing for hate gain in the warrior tree. A lot of the warrior AAs are a bit meh, and I don't have any hate gain stats, so a little from that can help.

I've never noticed myself dieing after unyielding will because I wasn't beserk. But I've died plenty so maybe I didn't realize why!

I've looked at most of those specs, and they're pretty close to my Superdefence spec on my zerk.
  17. Droll Active Member

Thank you... it was part troll, part toungue in cheek dry (droll) humor. Get it?

My spec is 100% heroic. I dont tank raids! the rare occasion I do, I use the right tool for the job. I wouldnt use a zerk to do a maintank's job. I would use the zerk to pick up adds instantly and beat them down. If they need a MT, I'll use the monk or Palydork.

By the way, rampagers resilience is not a death prevent. It's a dps temp buff. On the same recast time as Juggernaught.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed the WDB bit, probably because I hadn't taken it. I guess the delayed time for death blow is kinda insignificant. Extra WDB and use from that side may be a good idea.
  19. Droll Active Member

Back in COE it was absolutely monsterous, it made zerks the only class with a significant amount of that stat.

Now it's just kinda ok.

Mudflation strikes again.
  20. Visine New Member

I don’t have a problem holding agro or surviving however my DPS is meek at best. Currently I only have a Defense build. I assume my main stat to improve would be DPS (lol) I mainly PVP/BG run the solo instances, I would like to do the heroics here is what I currently have. Does anyone have a decent set up that is good for Group PVE and BG/PVP? Is there a particular AA that are a must for PVP/BG and not good for PVE or vice versa?

With my current gear what would you suggested I reforge to get more DPS?

DPS – 91.4
    Attack speed – 153.1
    MA -112.2
    Casting speed 82.1%
    reuse – 178.1%
    recovery - 30%

Health 689034

Mit 10740

Avo 14720

Blk 97.6%

Potency 280.1%

AB 4889

CC 595%

CB 462%

I use a one hander 4 sec and a shield. Was thinking of grabbing another 4 sec one hander and replacing the shield for the offensive set up. Or a good two hander of I can come across one.