Zerker Tips on Holding Aggro!

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bashem, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

Thank A lot for a fun night made that way by just explaining my circumstances about need some strategy going into zone on mobs and I had a great teacher for the Hive. I know most people are decent people in game but when I try to ask in general chat is where I can leave myself open for anyone comments so for me going forward I will just do send a tell to someone and talk directly.
    I had a great teacher in hive and kudos to him for the walk-through. :)
    He did give the grouping bug now I want to do more grouping with all 6 of my 95 toons.
    I was using my aggro CA when first started and not many time my was not maxed on it own I know had buff from dirge and I maybe other gave me aggro buff as well. I had prior to grouping finally got all my adorns added my 3 green adorns so they can grow as I play. I think my numbers pretty good atm. If you have time let me know what numbers I should raise for more to do DOM which is on my mind to play and play well.
  2. BloodySky New Member

All your stats look good, its just your DPS that is low atm. Your secondary hammer has AE you can reforge into DPS, as well as your earring of arresting. The Spell reuse from your neck and 1 wrist can be reforged to the same. Get the Crit Bonus temp adorns for your primary to raise your spell reuse from 85% back to 100%, they are really cheap, or I can just make you a bunch of them sometime. Your HP is a bit low for dom without two healers, but that will get better as you gem potent gear and collect the two bolstered purple adorns.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bolstered endurance... Been trying to get that for a year. I have had prolly 5 of every other pattern but none with the bolstered endurance tho. Bolstered attributes is good aswell, gotten that pattern 4 times :p

Good to hear you started grping Bashem :)
  4. Droll Active Member

My healers worked less than the sk's healers... and he wasnt even tanking adds. so umm, what?

Maybe i was just 'stroking my ego' a bit. However, I also wanted to point out what exactly is possible, just for the sake of someone somewhere, learning something new. And to reafirm my statement that shields on a zerk, are just a waste.

Over the past 2 days, I have grouped with 2 "new" zerks. One was not well geared, so I couldnt fault him, but still tried to give him pointers, but the other was pretty well decked out.

Both of them were bottom of the parse (even the healer out parsed them). Neither of them could keep agro against my swashbuckler. A SWASHBUCKLER! You know, the class that transfers 40% of the hate they generate! Both of them were wearing shields, and full mitigation/block gear in heroic zones. Neither of them was doing their job, which is to allow the dps to dps. Both times, I ended up just putting on my swash tank gear and stopped trying to not steal agro. I just tanked that **** from then on.

Zerks in shields, that are not trying to outparse the rest of the group, should just be guardians, or paladins. They have better hate tools. If you wanna zerk, then zerk. That means get the biggest axe you can find, and kill stuff with it.
  5. Droll Active Member

Me tanking hive on Droll;

(10:33) All: 6197923 Warlock-Toxic Assault-5111903
    lock D 2333940 H 1393
    Droll D 1267863 H 20116
    illy D 1057172 H 0
    brig D 627386 H 198
    dirge D 517699 H 1431
    fury D 388453 H 58450

Me "tanking" hive on Harrey;

(19:47) All: 4065321 Ranger-Sniper Shot-1786397
    Harrey D 1717281 H 3540
    dirge D 1000800 H 841
    ranger D 722804 H 48
    zerker D 431006 H 11331
    inquis D 11599 H 25321

Which zerk do you think gets invited to groups? Which zerk do you think has a line of people asking if they can join?
    The correct answer is the one who gets **** done in half the time.

(yes we 5 maned the slower run, because Nobody knows the group leader (zerk) and wanted to join)
    Do you want people to know you? or just be another face in the pool of FotM zerks.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

Largely due to this thread I created a 2nd tanking spec. So, I have a solo/dps spec, a full turtle mode tank spec, and a new tank dps spec.

I think the biggest thing hurting you for a Dom run right now will be your raw HPs. Unfortunately, the best way to get that up will be Bolstered Endurance and/or Bolstered Attributes runes so you are kind of tied to luck there. For what it's worth, I've gotten most of my rune patterns in AS instances. Like Tharrakor, I only have one Bolstered Endurance rune on all my characters but even Bolstered Attributes would give you a substantial boost in health and I've had several of those drop. Dom has mostly single target mobs and several of them hit quite hard. I'll admit I've never tried tanking Dom without a shield so in there I go sword and board, I have Dragoons Reflexes from the Agility line, I have perfect counter from the heroic tree, and the full line down to Draconic Shout in the dragon tree. I also run left side prestige in that full tank spec. Basically, with the full turtle spec you can run some type of damage reduction/death prevent/special running 100% of the time.

Edit to add: I personally like to have solo mit of 15-16k+ for Dom but that just might be me being weird.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Note, i have ZERO bolstered endurance runes! =(
    When its on auction someone is always richer then me!
    I have lots of other runes tho, i like spirit of the jester for the massive reforge it provides.
    Basically most war runes are ok, just dont use wild swings on your zerk :)
    Bolstered attributes is good for HP aswell as the necklace that boosts your deity pets attribute buff, dont remember name but im pretty sure it drops from stratum.

Also, if you can tank hive you can easily tank fabled Den aswell and get that fabled webbed earring, its got mitigation and a reactive dmg proc wich is good dps when there's many mobs on you.

If you can't find a nice guild where ur at your welcome over to AB server and I'll set you up :)
  8. Droll Active Member

Yeh Bashum. Dont even think about dominion yet. That zone is a whole nother level.

Grind your butt off in the other zones, and yes yes yes, run those fabled zones. Those zones are just made for zerker fun. Dont be askeered to just pull entire rooms (floors even) and just have fun. Practice keeping your temps active (even if you do not need them) just so it becomes automatic/second nature. Collect multiple stes of armor, try different jewelry procs, and get the feel for the mechanics.

Find people geared MUCH better than you, and practice maintaining agro. Try different tactics, such as snap cycles, vs just pounding those offensive temps and dps buttons. See what is more effective against what classes.

Befriend druids. Lotsa druids, or even just one that always seems to be on at the same time. Druids and zerks mesh so well together. You can pull off amazing feats of mass pulls with a good warden. Scaring the dickens out of your group with floor pulls is pretty etertaining tbh. And that is why we are here... to have fun.
  9. BloodySky New Member

Jesus dude.. for the last time, I am not suggesting any zerker tank easy heroic zones with a shield in full tank spec.

I am saying that after a certain point (personally I think above 14K or so) adding extra mitigation simply is not as effective as using a shield and block chance gear when you are TRYING to go full tank in certain zones.

I just don't know how to state it any more clearly to you, and I am saddened for anyone that reads your suggestion to just stack nothing but mit gear for a tank spec and doesn't know any better because it is simply BAD advice. Now that all may change for the new expansion but right now, its not opinion, its straight provable, parsable, testable facts.
  10. Bashem Well-Known Member

OK The old sword and board vs duel wielding discussion hers my question.
    What the setups are doing the most damage in game in general for this zerker? I know it all depends on the actual items which is fine. Lets just talk heroic gear. Is duel wielding or 2h doing setup doing the most damage?
    I will add more info if needed. How does weapon speed play into this for max damage or what else help doing more damage?
  11. Droll Active Member

Jesus dude... For the last time, I have been telling him (and other people) to stack WEAPON DAMAGE BONUS. With the earlier disclaimer THAT I DO NOT RAID TANK SO CANNOT COMMENT ON THAT TOPIC.

So when I did tank a raid, with no shield, I simply tossed up a parse that showed my healers healed no more (and slightly less) than the sk's healers WHILE I WORE WEAPON DAMAGE BONUS armor and no shield. And did quadruple the DPS of that SK, in a DPS check fight!
  12. Droll Active Member

You are going to have to use what you can get, and watch parses.

Theoretically, we could theorize, and come upon some sort of theory that might hold water, theoretically.

Dual wielding ADDS 15% more weapon delay (before haste) to the weapons you are using. Also, the timers need to run in synch, meaning, that if you kill something with only 1 weapon, and then switch to a new target, the weapon that did not swing must wait on the timer of the first, before the next swing.

There is also the fact that 2 handers just look cooler.

The first 2 expacs I played, I was forced to dual wield, as there were no decent 2 handers (after level 68). So with the release of DoV, and an abundance of 2 handers being added to the game, I went via the big axe route ever since. As it meshed more with my view of what the class should be... eq1 style 2 handed dps.
    macatk likes this.
  13. BloodySky New Member

Parse test (just straight Auto Attacks against 4 test dummies, in offensive stance/spec/gear). Keep in mind, my 6s 1 hander weapons are slightly better than my 4s weapons.

6s 2-hander
    (02:01) training dummy
    Srsbi | 1447K | 0K | 0
    6s duel
    (02:05) training dummy
    Srsbi | 1340K | 0K | 0
    4s duel
    (02:03) training dummy
    Srsbi | 1292K | 0K | 0
    6s + shield
    (02:04) training dummy
    Srsbi | 902K | 0K | 0
    Hope that helps
    macatk likes this.
  14. BloodySky New Member

Oh.. my mistake, I could have sworn you said

I must have been wrong.
  15. Droll Active Member

Thank you!

I havent done this on droll, because well, I cant dual wield ethereals, so know already I will parse higher with my scyth vs the 2 1 handers i have rotting in the bank.

Can you post pics of the weapons you actually used?
    macatk likes this.
  16. Droll Active Member

Yes I did say that.... which isnt what you claim I said earlier, which was;

"I am saddened for anyone that reads your suggestion to just stack nothing but mit gear for a tank spec and doesn't know any better because it is simply BAD advice."

I posted the pic of my defensive set up, as it would be now, with my shiney new fabled halls mitigation (20%) pike. Which still hasnt been used in an actual zone.

Edit to clarify; last time I tanked dom... my solo mit was LESS THAN 15k.

The zone is NOT zerk friendly with the exception of the last fight. The final dragon has such a fast swing that it's like having a bunch of smaller mobs on you... but everything else hit's like a truck (some even like trains), and you're honestly better off using a different tank all-together.
  17. BloodySky New Member

6s 1 handers are the ethereal hammer + just some random 6s I got from HKC, 6s 2 hander is the fabled halls mitigation one, 4 seconds 1 handers are a rare out of labs crate and the 4s mitigation hammer from halls
  18. Bashem Well-Known Member

Myself I always preferred 2h over duel wield like the sig picture of the zerker 2h axe that the EQU2 site uses so I am glad thats can be used. Where should I group to try to get one to drop assuming the best one are heirloom?
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

I duel weild all the time but have a big axe 2 hander for appearance because it looks cool.

My zerk:

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301375867883

He may be in dps gear from doing AS solos. I really need to gem up some of his dps gear, which I can now it's double double etyma again. As I have 6 other L95s wanting their primary gear gemmed, his dps gear took a lower priority.
    macatk likes this.
  20. Bashem Well-Known Member

Cool I checked him out but did not see any weapon used for appearance!