Zerker temps?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by ThankTank, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ThankTank Member

Sooooooo. Long story short, I've been doing Ill-Seen, Stygian Thresh, Algorithm, and District no problem. I tanked Tepid Depths for the first time today (for eth DD), and wow. I got my **** handed to me in a nice bow wrapped box to-go. Nearly every pull I was getting my face smashed in. I realize that it's a bit harder than the ones I've BEEN running. But it struck a nerve with me, and now I KNOW I need better gear before I even think about stepping into SK or MC.

With that said, the fact that I haven't needed to pay huge attention to how my defensive temps were being used, kind of left me open for learning, if you will. SO, if any of our friendly neighborhood tanking Zerks wouldn't mind letting me know their defensive temp rotations, it'd be hugely appreciated!

P.S If you could also share any aggro tips, that would be appreciated as well. I spam my taunts, use offensive temps and try to save big hitters until my Earthshock is at 2 or 3 stacks. But I still feel useless when I get someone doing 200m dps steps in and pulls aggro off of me like a wet band-aid.

P.P.S- I know I still need gear, I'm working on that. But atm I only really have heroics to aim for, aside from raids.
  2. guard Active Member

with tepid spell shifters can one shot you need to keep them interupted and have a deathsave or stoneskin up. also you really want to try and get your mitigation over 20k solo. for hate well zerkers struggle with that at the moment especially on single targets althou group set up can help alot with that especially if you have a coers and bard in group. mc isnt that much harder than tepid it has the same trash that can one shot you and nameds just have alot more hp. also remember cast speed reuse speed ae chance cap at 100% so reforge out of anything over that
  3. ThankTank Member

Awesome thank you guard. I'll get to work on reforging those stats right now. But that makes sense, I was told Spell Shifters needed to die first, but wasn't explained that they have a one shot. I'll keep them stunned/interrupted from now on. As for mit, I've been trying to get more gear that has mit on it, it's just a gambling game with RNG right now lol. I must appreciate the advice!
  4. Rock79 New Member

In tepid make sure your in defensive mode because in offensive you lose your stoneskins and death saves. Don't try to pull the spell shields without a stone skin on. I'm raid geared and they can still almost one shot me.
  5. Shanoi Member

The Spellshields in Tepid are what you need to focus on. I target one, hit Wall of Force, then pull while running to him and turning it. Once the Spellshield is down the rest of the trash is nothing. For the next group I'll pop Perfect Counter and repeat the process. Next group I hit Battle Frenzy (for the damage reduction) and Draconic Shout (for the max HP increase) so that I am running in with about 45% damage reduction and close to 10m HP. The mobs in MC that have a similar affect are dealt with the same way. Always target the big hitters first and run straight to and just a little past them while nabbing them with an encounter taunt and/or Cry of the Warrior to make sure they don't run after your DPSers.

As for regular temp rotation- Battle Frenzy with Chaos (looking for the reset on Battle Frenzy), Adrenaline with Controlled Rage and Wall of Rage (recast Chaos when it comes up while Adrenaline is running), and then Experienced Insight with Dragoon's Reflexes. I save Wall of Force, Perfect Counter, and Gut Roar for times when my HP are dipping fast and the healer (if we are rolling with one) is incapacitated or otherwise occupied. There are valid arguments for casting Adrenaline first, then Battle Frenzy, then back to Adrenaline and then Dragoon's Reflexes as it will give you a more solid temp rotation. This is fine if you are not getting hit overly hard and do not need the extra block chance/damage reduction from Controlled Rage and Wall of Rage.

As for holding agro, maximize your potency, get weapons with hard-hitting procs (Devastation Strike, Anguish, Decisive Strike, etc.), and always lead off an encounter with your taunts and save your snaps for when you need to snap. Keep your offensive temps (Rampage, Open Wounds, Weapon Counter) up as much as possible. Also try to get hate transfers from others whenever you can (Swashy and Assassin are great for this). With the length of zerker defensive temps you should be pounding on a lot of offensive buttons whenever you can. Also keep an eye out for some of the GU100 jewelry that has 300-400 potency on it with defensive stats, the potency will make a huge difference.
    Avahlynn and ThankTank like this.
  6. ThankTank Member

Oh my. You leave me both speechless and breathless. You're amazing Shanoi! Thank you SO damn much. You came through with it all for me. I'll give this a shot the next time I tank something. I ran MC last night, and while my power cut out due to a storm, I was getting tossed like a rag doll. A Necro's pet ended up tanking the trash and I sat there with my tail between my legs feeling useless lol!
  7. Montag Well-Known Member

1 Put on 2 bolster charms.

2 turn on wall of rage then battle frenzy then chaos

3 pull all the trash in the zone at once (or as much as your dps can kill before temps run out)

4 win

If battle frenzy is fading (and didnt reset from chaos) and a lot of mobs still alive, turn on adrenaline and use your other short duration temps and death saves as needed.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

You will struggle without hate transfer when dps classes are putting out 200m+

But others have given some good advice.
  9. ThankTank Member

So I ran the Eth DD yesterday with the suggested temp rotation that Shanoi had given, and wow. I basically took no damage. We had a few mishaps with the golem in AoD where he'd get pulled, but as long as our Warden had a heads up of when I was going to pull, I was golden.

Now, the bolster charms you speak of, do you mean the 20% attribute ones, or the potency ones?

Edit: Kerafyrm's Rage or Kerafyrm's Rites? Is what I meant!
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Rites - you have the right ones. Shame there's no mit or block but the extra health is worth it (each charm adds around 1m HP).
  11. ThankTank Member

Ah okay, yeah seriously. I want the Eth charm, as that'd be awesome. But aside from that I just need to work on getting armor itself.
    But a quick update - I just ran the Ill-seen/Tepid Eth DD and I rocked it out. Ill-Seen was again, easy as always. BUT! Tepid. . . Wow, I used the advice given here regarding temps, it worked wonders! Didn't die once, and I was able to easily run it with no problem! I felt like I was one of the tanks I see run it when I dps using my ranger, hahahah. Even my threat output has gone up dramatically, with making sure my offensives are active and making sure I'm using Insolence and Insight frequently. Even the tps gain from using Adrenaline more often is working wonders.

Still a bit nervous for MC and SK, I will probably wait until I have more mit/block and I get better armor pieces. But I did luck upon the fabled shoulders from Tepid, so that's one step closer!

You guys are amazing, I appreciate all of your advice and what you've helped me become. I will berserk my way into the ranks of you guys soon enough! :p
    Meneltel and Regolas like this.