Zerker soloing/tanking while lvling?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zaketherake, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Zaketherake Guest

I'm curious how well a zerker can solo and tank while leveling?

I have a 36 Sk I enjoy a lot atm and figured a zerker might be just as fun for an alt when my friend isn't on.

Also, does the race matter much?
    Lastly, are they better off DW or 2hand? And if DW, slow or fast weps?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-fbitt Guest

If you are going to do solo content (e.g. quests) a zerker will do just fine. While I don't tend to solo that much (I play w/ my SO the majority of the time, plus I box) on those occasions when I do find myself soloing (e.g. while harvesting) my zerker is probably my best solo character if for no other reason that adds don't present a problem like they do for other classes. If you intend to tank in pugs, you should do fine so long as you don't have a mentored character in your group.
    I used two handers until mid/high 50's, only because after that the content starts getting a little harder and two handers are far inferior to dual wielding (although at cap with the myth buff that appears to be not the case any longer, but I digress.) If you dual wield, be sure that the weapon delay matches. You want the slowest delays you can find (master crafted weapons are probably the best you can do until you hit the 70's, and even then are viable choices.) Bring a shield for harder named encounters, although most content you tackle shouldn't be that difficult as it wasn't designed when AA's were present.
    Oh race... for the most part, no, with a few exceptions. Some races have handly utility type traits (track, and the dark elf hover (? I think it's called) ability for example). On the flip side, high Elves offer virtually no benefit. (My zerker who I've been playing for years is a half elf. Do like the tracking ability