Zerker Insolence Confusion

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by alvane, Apr 2, 2015.

1. alvane Member

I'm at lost as to why the differences in these two master spells:

Level 82 Insolence III: Increases Threat to targets in AoE by 29,286-43,440; Inflicts 7129-10634 melee dmg on targets in AoE; 50% chance to cast and Increase threat to target encounter by 11,593-13952

Level 92 Insolence IV: Increases Threat to targets in SoE by 12,292-18,194; Inflicts 1522-2284 melee dmg on targets in AoE; 50% chance to cast and increase threat to target encounter by 4916-5899

I read these off my actual spells on a character of mine. Is this just a screw up as to what is on the master spells? What is really true for these two versions of Insolence? I've been using Insolence III instead of Insolence 4 due to what was written.

Can someone please clarify? If it is wrong, then why hasn't it been corrected ages ago? Am I really putting out that kind of dmg and threat with Insolence III or is the written information just not reliably correct?
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

3. alvane Member

Koko - r u saying that I cannot trust what is stated on the knowledge book spells? Are you saying I must look up all spells on EQ2 wire if I want to know whether or not the spells in my knowledge book are correct?

And here I thought that level 82 Insolence III was much better than Level 92 Insolence IV. Must be that SoE decided to drop the dmg and threat a whole lot.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm directing you to a potential error on your part.

It is very likely that you are comparing Insolence IV (apprentice) to Insolence III of a higher tier (adept, master, or grandmaster). Insolence IV does indeed have higher values when the spells are compared at equal tiers.
  5. alvane Member

I wish that were so, Koko. I was very careful to make sure I put the correct info in my original post. And yes, I did compare Master to Master. In fact Master to Expert also showed level 82 was much higher than expert level 92. That is actually when I noticed something was off as the difference should not have been that much. I then looked up what the 92 master was in terms of information. That's when I actually compared Master to Master. No, I didn't compare apprentice to apprentice and I ignore adept and journeyman anyway.

It's probably just a glich. In the meantime, I'm keeping with the level 82 master since my knowledge book says it's way better than the 92 expert and it's also better than the 92 Master according to your source. If I ever do get a dungeon drop on the master, I'll know for sure. Masters aren't really necessary for overland and dungeons anyway.

I do recall something (I may be in error), that SoE did some patch a little while ago that said something like experts of the next tier should be higher in scale from the master in the tier below.

Thanks anyway - not going to fret over it none. Thanks for replying and good adventures to you.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

I was thinking along the same lines as Koko but you say that's not the issue. My Insolence IV Master numbers are higher in every way than Insolence III Master. I'm not sure why you are getting something different. You are at least level 92 correct? (I know that seems like a dumb question but if you aren't of a level to use the ability yet sometimes reading the tooltip off of a broker search or whatever will not display properly.)
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

This will also happen if you are comparing while being mentored down.
    xkrisx likes this.
  8. alvane Member

Thank you for all your comments. To answer your ideas - yes, my character is level 92. No, I was not mentoring when I reviewed the information as noted in the knowledge book and on EQ2 wire information page about 'zerker spells.

However, for your edification, the differences as I had noted in my original post were accurate. The dilemma was solved. It turned out, that yes, there was an update (02.12.15) that changed the spells so experts of a higher tier did more damage than the previous spell's Master. Apparently my character had been "bugged" for some unknown reason when this went into effect. In fact, I found a couple more spells in which the information was incorrect dealing with the same character and 92 expert spells vs earlier tier masters. Once I was "unbugged" the information in my knowledge book was corrected to the way it was suppose to read.

BTW, a friend of mine who does have ACT did a test with me and was the one who confirmed the difference and hence a "buggy" character.

Thanks again for your comments.
  9. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

How did you "unbug" it?
  10. alvane Member

It wasn't me - I'm not a geek nor understand stuff. A friend came over and figured out the problem. He went into EQ2 folder and did some stuff. Then he downloaded part of the game - took about an hour. After that, my descriptions matched up to the real thang. I also had to redo my UI if that helps you.