Zerker help

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Ashe, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Ashe Member

Are zerkers normally really weak? Only getting two taunts really sucks,and my power is almost always out..Am I doing something wrong? I need help to be better
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

No Berserkers are not weak.
    2 taunts is pretty normal for fighters in vanilla. You do get Raging Blow, it can be used along with your taunts.
    As far as mana goes, get to the Strength cap for a bigger power pool, keep good drink on, grab some totems and run with a bard, chanter or channeler.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Zerkers are not weak, you need to read the abilities and think about how you can use them. As mentioned, raging blow generates threat, and you also have a buff that generates threat whenever a mob hits you. Damage also generates threat. Sometimes you have to switch targets and deal damage/threat to keep mobs on you, and you can't expect to always 100% keep every single mob on you, especially against summoner tank pets and other fighters at low level.

A good way to establish hate is with a bow. Always keep a current bow and try to use current tier hand crafted arrows (field point)... the damage from a ranged attack, in addition to your reactive threat buff will go far... again, if you have a good bow, good arrows, and adept+ taunts. Your AOE should get mobs on you and proc'ing your threat buff if you hit them first. Don't be afraid to change targets, even if dps is targeting through you, your first job is to tank the mobs, not be a main assist.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Run with a dirge in group and see if it improves your tanking ability.