Zerk: When to 2H, DW or Sword & Board?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ashenheart, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ashenheart Member

Is there a preference? I see a lot of tank spec'd zerks with sword and board (or is that 'bored'). Right now I just solo. I seem to do better with DW than with 2H. But that may just be technique (normally I play a necro or inquis). At lvl 97 I got plenty of time to experiment. :D
  2. guard Active Member

most zerkers/plate tanks will properly have the best in slot shield from kunark but basically its DW unless you can not survive until you get said shield
  3. Billzbub Active Member

It also depends on your mitigation. In this expansion, you may need to skimp some on mitigation to get your potency up until you've had the chance to find high-potency mitigation gear. I would recommend getting as much potency as you can while dual wielding until you find yourself dying too much and then equip your shield instead of trading out to low-potency mitigation gear. Then, as you get more high-potency mitigation pieces, you can go back to dual wielding.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Right now, the way procs work, I don't think a 2H weapon is ever a good idea. It cuts your procs in half.