Zerk 95 looking for dual wield weapons advice

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Rael, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Rael Member

I currently have Shifting ends equipped (fully adorned as is everything).

Base damage: 673-3266
    Actual damage: 3008-14604
    Actual delay: 3.6 (natural delay 8 secs)
    Proc percentage: 24%
    Procs per min: 1.7

My haste is at 125%

What I am trying to find is a pair of weapons with a 4 sec delay and I have been struggling to find ones that come close to the one I have now (yellow slots a must). I just know I must be wasting a lot of auto attack opportunities and sometimes it just seems so slow. I do kill stuff just fine but I know I can do better.

I am limited in that I do not group (sort of because I'm not great in groups, I get nervous and it makes an existing problem worse and it all goes to hell lol). My guild is lovely although quiet and although I feel comfortable enough to group with them there are not many high levels to run appropriate zones with (not even SS yet).

I can craft pretty much anything and experiment (no raid recipes). I have equipped/adorned/reforged everything to try and make myself as good as I can be (personal lack of skill considered :p) and am hoping some kind person can help me out with something to aim for, even if it is rare drops. I run the CoE solo zones a fair bit with no prob (no challenge mode for me now though I can spawn him fine).

I would rather not buy SLR (I know it's pathetic but it's the whole social awkwardness thing) but broker is ok. I also would rather not post the link to my toon on EQU for everyone to point and laugh at but if anyone is genuinely interested in helping me I will give them my toon name to look me up.

To anyone with the patience even just to read that I thank you :D
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

6 seconds is the standard tank 1 hander from my experience. You won't find many 4s ones (although there are some, often scout ones with str added).

Also, yellow adorn slot ones will only come from CoE.

The best, easiest weapon to get without grouping is the cleaver of the draconic defender. Group tradeskill recepie from skyshrine. Refined abd experinented can give you a weapon almost on par with CoE steward sword, but no yellow slot. Nice proc already on it though.

The best you're going to get from solo instances is + 160 str/sta, 9.6cb/pot weapons with 1 yellow slot and 1 white slot. The rare heroic fabled drops have ones similar too (blade of the tempest or something).

From my experience, 4s delay weapons are too quick to time your CAs in. I know I struggle on my bruiser with 4s weapons (I also have a zerker).
  3. Rael Member

Thanks for the reply, good to know about the delay. I have the recipe for the cleaver but it requires heroic drops to make so I could be struggling for it (right now all my plat is keeping me in membership).

At least I now know that the solo instances can drop one, I'll keep trying for it, likes giving me everything I can't use atm lol. Being as I do solo a lot I'm quite happy mixing in a not quite tank weapon so I shall take a look at those too.

Thanks again
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Heroic skyshrine recepie materials are pretty cheap now as everyone is going for the raid ones. I got all the mats for under 100pp total recently. Check the broker, you'd be suprised how cheap they are.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

I would suggest looking on the broker at 92-95 1hs weapons with + str to get an idea of what's available and what price. Most items these days are just incremental increases to those primary stats.
  6. rhylis Member

Just stick to 6 second..... better anyway......
  7. Rael Member

Hmm I shall take a look at the mats, I admit it has been a long time since I last checked them out and it would be nice to be able to get some personal use out of the recipes I got. I'll take a look for weapons on the broker too, last I saw there weren't any there at all so that could have just been bad timing.

Thank you both for the replies :)