Zek as a diety

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

As a ranger to get Zek as a diety do I got to be like an outcast and all my CA's go to app1?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

No. You can stay an outcast and keep all your masters/adept 3s. However, if you betray and go to a city, then you lose all spells.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Shaulin Dolamite wrote:
    Yeah I have a exiled ranger. As long as you don't see your class trainer after the exile you wont lose your masters. Here is what I did.
    Exile
    Get Cloak
    Rebuild Qeynos faction so I can go back into the city but do not talk to class trainer.
    Incidentally, this is a great way to stock up on AAs. To restore Qeynos faction, you can see Gil McMartin in CL. He gives you bounty quests that have you track down a named somewhere and kill it. THe best part is you get AA for the namer kill and AA for the quest. Super easy way to pad your AA. Before TSO, those quests took me from 135 AA to 140AA.
  4. ARCHIVED-Millhouse50 Guest

So after you get your qeynos faction back up what happens if you do the qeynos citizenship quest line?? Do you lose all spells and everything even though you're not really "betraying"??

Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Najuba@Blackburrow wrote:
    If you betray and come back to same city (or different city). then you will lose all your spells. If you stay exile, then you will not lose spells. It's only when you wish to obtain citzenship at any city that you will lose your spells.
  6. ARCHIVED-EverAfterIt Guest

So, let me get this straight. If I was to take Zek as a diety, I just need to exile myself (Haven, I'm assuming). Then I do the diety quests, getting the cloak. And:
    1) As long as I don't speak to the Ranger Trainer, I keep all ca's at current strength.
    2) I can rebuild my faction to re-enter my city. So, as an exile, could I rebuild my faction with Neriak (as I'm a Dark Elf) and be able to re-enter the city without being KoS?
    3) I currently hold a residence in SQ - as an exile, would I still be able to -- rebuild faction with Qeynos and keep the residence, or slip in before faction is rebuilt to visit the residence. Or is the residence lost?
    4) If the lost of residence is unavoidable in SQ, and the gaining of residence in Neriak is not possible -- what's the remaining option? Maj Dul only? or a semi nomadic existence as an exiled refuge sleeping on the floor of the cavern of Haven?
    I'd like to know. I would really like to have the Zek cloak myself.

** Edit -- Not sure if it's important or not, but I'm on a PVE server.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Zanathlakr@Lucan DLere wrote:
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes. You can still enter your room in Qeynos or what city you come from even if you are exile.
    4) Maj Dul is an option for exiles. You will just have to work on faction there.
    Hope this helps.
  8. ARCHIVED-EverAfterIt Guest

That is unreal. I wish I would have thought to ask this stuff earlier. I'm going to Exile. I'm gonna stay an Exile. I'm gonna keep my house in SQ while I decide where I want to be the most.. and the best part I get to make it so that I can visit Neriak when I want
    *Pines for going home* This is amazingly helpful. By the sounds of it, I get my cake and I can eat it too. And a piece of pie with it as well :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Zizzu Guest

Zanathlakr@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Just keep in mind that you will have a penalty with broker. Instead of the normal 20% broker fee, you will have to deal with a 40% fee if I remember correctly. Also, you will have the title of "Exile" and cannot be changed until you bond with a city.
  10. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Zizzu wrote:
    Yeah but the Exile title is the coolest title out there. I think only rangers on PvE server's run around with Exile because they wanted the Zek cloak.
    Go Exile it is what all the cool rangers do.