Zander's Choral Debuff

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Erithorn, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Erithorn Guest

Hello Dirges of note!

I am new to the class, but enjoying it immensely. I do have one question atm... why can I not find any upgrades to the spell Zander's Choral Debuff? It seems there was much discussion of this in the past, but mostly about it's effectiveness or not...
    Is this spell still active? I see no APP II for sale on the trainer.... and have not seen any upgrade for sale on the broker? My jeweler does not have the scroll to make one either??
    Any help?

Erithorn
  2. ARCHIVED-Tildain Guest

it upgrades again at 53: Magic Rebuff and 71: Spell Rebuff. Oh and i think the level 35 recipie is bought of the merchant in nek where you do the tomb of night quest series. I could be wrong been awhile.
  3. ARCHIVED-TalanRM Guest

The higher level versions are upgradable normally (drops, crafting, masters etc.)
    The original level 35 spell was bards unique spell from Tombs of Night. It can either be found or quested for there (can't recall which). Similarly, jewelers can obtain the crafting scroll for the App IV/ Adept III - but it is a special purchase/ drop. So long ago now though that I can't recall how my jeweler got the spell. Try asking in your crafting channel though, someone will be able to make the Adept III.
  4. ARCHIVED-uchulayi Guest

pretty sure my jeweler got spell from the merchant in nek forest at the waterfall camp after completing bloodlines - think you can buy both the app IV and ad3 recipes seperately and cheap too.

also re: this spell can anyone yet say for certain whether it is 'broken' as per the following quote or has this been fixed now that there are upgrades?

Kurai@Guk wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

It's fixed via the upgrades.
    It's been forever since I got that recipe (via the bloodlines pathway), but I think a few dozen updates ago the Zander's recipe went into one of the standard books. Check with your jeweler-of-choice.
    Whysp
  6. ARCHIVED-EverAfterIt Guest

This upgrade recipe is found in the k'Lorn recipe book. This is found either at the merchant in the camp at Souleater falls (Nek falls) after a certain amount of questing has been done to 'earn' it. Or, it can likely be purchased on the broker... likely for a hefty sum.
    Either way, the recipe book is only of use to Jewelers. The book, from a jeweler perspective, is a good find as it contains not only Zander's but also Honed Reflexes (Ranger and Assassin upgrade) which represents a source of income.
  7. ARCHIVED-Erithorn Guest

THank you all for the replies.... I guess my Jeweler will be making a trip to Souleater Falls very soon! I have some questing to do!

Erithorn
  8. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

Asherlayi@Runnyeye wrote:
    Some time Mid EoF or so they did indeed fix figure out that memory in a computer is finite and theres such a thing as buffer over/underflow....the upshot of this is that Zander's Choral Rebuff does indeed Debuff a mob no matter your lvl. The new upgrades were put in because the gains from Zanders at higher levels for something along the lines of 10DPS increase.