Zanders Choral - Anyone Using It? Useful for Raid?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

Was curious if anyone is using this and seeing good results for their mages, on raid mobs. I just got it at adept III, and found I need to raise my subjugation skill *a lot* in order for it to start sticking.

My other character is a 50 wizzy, so I'm very familiar with getting resisted while raiding (e.g., Lich).

Anyone seeing good results for the mages during raids?
  2. ARCHIVED-Nalini Guest

I like it, situational but I think its pretty effective. Cant really see the exact payoff for it sometimes, but on multiple encounters such as the OW instance and others where its a complete AE barrage it appears to me that its working great. Maybe in an xp situation if you have a mage or 2 that are slightly lower level you could test it more in depth, the few times Ive asked guild members who were a few levels below they usually always say they see a nice difference tho.
  3. ARCHIVED-noahwik Guest

I personally use it most of the time. I havent run the parser on the nukers but they all say they do more dps and hit more (at lvl 50)
    Against Darathar it makes a huge difference for others debuffs too. A subjugation skill of 258 (with disco boon) appears to be the magic number for me.
    Check it out and see :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

Omg, turns out tonight my guild is fighting Darathar. My subjugation skill is only about 180/253 (I'm level 49). No way it would stick on Dara at this point.

We have to finish up the other mobs before Darathar, so perhaps what I can do is apply my main debuffs to the mob, and just sit there the whole time spamming Zanders, to get the skill up.

We've killed Darathar twice already on two separate nights, but it sure would be nice to make it easier. Thanks.
  5. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

Well, I was able to get my subjugation skill to 192 before the fight, but it wasn't enough to stick to Darathar. It's going to take a long time to get to 246 skill.

Didn't matter anyway as we were done with the fight in 15 mins, which surprised me. I thought SOE said they were making him more difficult? Dunno, maybe the guild is just better equipped now. It's been a while since we last killed him. With the exception of having to rez two people, it went perfectly. Seems Darathar picked up knockback too, as I brought my wizzy along for the ride, and found him underwater a couple of time during the fight.

Anyway, have a nice prismatic weap now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

They broke the "more difficult" part by accidentally breaking their abilities. THat's fixed today, apparently.

You can increase your subjugation skill also by casting Wailing Ellusion (our +parry +str buff), and Wail of Woe, the AE. Both of those use subjugation.
  7. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

They broke the difficult phase of Darathar? How funny. Guess we had good timing for the battle.

I've been using the 3 spells that use subjugation. It's just that Zanders is the fastest to cast and recast. I also case Wailing while just running around town.
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Not just Darathar. All epics. =)
  9. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

Gee, we should've done the Tremblar last night too.

Killed Xigglig in CT the other day (x2), and thought that was a bit tricky, especially for a x2 mob.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xeryna Guest

The last changes made to Darathar supposedly made his AE more difficult to mitigate, and it seems that his wing buffet AE has some different knockback to it now possibly. The changes with specials applied only to contested mobs, nothing instanced.
  11. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

oops, thanks for the correction Xeryna, my bad.
  12. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

This is my favorite skill. Getting 250 subjugation is a real pain in the butt, however.. when you do, mobs die soo fast on raids, cus casters rarely get resisted. I mean it lowers the monsters lvl by 2.2! So, in essence a lvl 55 mob is lvl 52.8, so add in + disruption skill buffs / items and mages will be nuking for full damage w/o any resists. Someone should always have this on raid mobs, all the time...
  13. ARCHIVED-AweeBard Guest

What level dirge spell is this?
  14. ARCHIVED-DocEvil Guest

lvl 35 .. but you don't get it automatically .. it's the Bloodline Chronicals extra spell for bards ;) Jewlers can craft it, or you can purchase the app i or app ii (don't remember) from the merchant in front of the BC-Dungeon after completing some of the quests
  15. ARCHIVED-Asharad Guest

Subjugation can be raised by casting..wailing emmisons...or whatever our higher level parry/buff song is called, incidently.
  16. ARCHIVED-Baronzz Guest

A little off topic here.... but I have been wanting to get this to adept 3 and I have asked some jewelers about it and they say they don't have the recipe....

Can anyone confirm that this recipe is in the game and what it's called?

In addition, can anyone confirm whether or not a master of this has been found?
  17. ARCHIVED-ForgottenFoundling Guest

Spell is Zander's Choral Rebuff and the recipe book can be purchased from any of the general (non-specialized) tradeskill instance wholesalers in any of the starter towns. There is a "normal" recipe (up to app iv) and an "advanced" one that contains the craftable adepts.