Zam.com and Tradeskills

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    I think you missed it .. They are getting direct feeds from SoE. There is no more accurate information out there. And best of all, it will automatically update with any change to live ;)

Calthine ... Any idea if there is a way to send someone an ingame mail from the site ? That could be tagged onto my shopping cart idea if there is ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Toy Dragon Guest

I would love to be able to look at crafted house items with a residence background that. For instance, it would be great if I could see a rug against a Neriak residence or a Qeynos residence to see how big it is and how it looks against the different color schemes. Of course it would be great to have visuals of all wearable and house items, even better if I could see what a wearable item looks like on my toon and what a house item looks like in my house. As far as Alchemy goes, it would be great to see what spells my cures don't cure and what mobs those spells belong to. When it comes to health and power regeneration, I think it would be cool to pick a drink, a food, and totems and potions and find out how the regeneration vs stat bonus affect my character so I can find out the best combination based on what I want. Like choosing a food that has either a stamina bonus or a wisdom bonus, does the resists from the wisdom outweigh the health from the stamina? Can I make up for the wisdom by using a potion? Or should I use a stamina potion and the wisdom food? Anyway, it would be neat to see how that stuff affects my characters stats, resists, and health/power regen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Great stuff, keep it coming!

I've no idea what's feasable and what's not. I'll collect up everyone's suggestions and pass them on to our VP of Technology aroudn the end of the week, and we'll see what our programmers can do!
  4. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

As far as broker searches ... anytime that a material is displayed it would be nice to click it as a link to pull up the broker search for your preferred server (maybe part of a user profile type of thing). Actually just about everything should be like that.

I saw the "email if an item is on the broker under X price" .. this could be a huge feature for TSers.
  5. ARCHIVED-donilla Guest

I think the idea of resource calculater of sorts is great. Id also like to see the ability to really sort the recipes. By level, class, skill, maybe even a stat. I don't really use the recipes on allak atm because I can't find things unless I already know specifically what I'm looking for.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Donilla@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    That, and we haven't any atm. When I started there they were all pre GU24 (subcombines), and we chose to wait and see if tradeskills would settle out. Well, no one could slow Domino down, but with game data keeping up with them shouldn't be an issue so much.
  7. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

It's been mentioned on the Community board that some of the new Zam.com content will be free and some of it will cost an additional $10 a month (paid to Zam.com not SOE) for membership. Can we identify now what will be free and what will be paid for?
  8. ARCHIVED-Jehanne Guest

I would like to be able to type in the name of a raw material and get a list of the recipes in which its a component.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Stealing an idea from FFXI how about a way to look up broker history on an item? Like when the last 10 of these sold and for how much sorted by server. Even a ticker that shows the last 25 items purchased on a server with a filter of 1p or more.
    Also a fast way to look up broker availability of tradeskill goods by class and tier would be great. Now that would require a lot of work!