YUN ZI ONLY FOR LEVEL 100 PLAYERS?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fiadhe, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Fiadhe Member

I feel very letdown by Daybreak :(
    Nothing in their ad says that you have to be level 100 to get the goodies from Yun Zi.
    As they can't be traded, why can't DB allow us to get the goodies and save them for when we finally get to level 100?
    Does this also mean that all peeps have to be level 100 to buy and enjoy KA?
    This is putting unnecessary pressure on all of us to get to 100 asap, skipping everything by power-levelling, instead of enjoying the adventures as we go along. Does Daybreak realise how much we would miss out on if we did that?
    Not all of us want to raid or do dungeons, but if we don't we haven't an ice-cube's chance in hell of getting to 100 quickly.
    From 90 to 100 is hard. The 80's are so slow too. This is part of the enjoyment of discovering Norrath and doing quests - and isn't this what EQ2 is all about? Even the name says EVER QUEST, how can we quest if we are forced to do Raids or Dungeons to level to 100?
    Maybe DB should change the name to EVER RAID or EVER DUNGEON :eek:
    GrunEQ likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

if you bought KA (every edition) you can /claim a lv 100 boost bouble
  3. Fiadhe Member

Yes Beee, thank you so much for telling me.
    But my point was that Yun Zi does not give the advertised rewards to everyone, only to level 100 peeps.
    This is so wrong, because they cant be traded, only stored by the person who earned them.
    So WHY can't everyone get these rewards after they have done the quests? Then they could be put into a bank bag until 100 is achieved.
    My comments on getting to 100 were just a gripe at being forced to get there quickly instead of enjoying the ride.
    GrunEQ and HaphazardAllure like this.
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

They also gave one out for free for just logging in, so that's 2.

@ Fiadhe, you only have to do the quest on one 100 level toon. That unlocks all the rewards for all of your toons regardless of level, and I'm pretty sure you can pick up the items at any level or that Yun will stay around for a long time after the event so you can use him when you do hit level 100.

*edit* I do know people were asking how the best way to get to the new merc on a low level adventuring toon yesterday in chat... so that means they were able to get the merc coin on that low level toon or they are a level 100 crafter, I'm not sure which, since I didn't ask.

Just one thing, people have reported you need to know the new merc's language to hire her. I don't know If that poses a problem for you, but I thought you should know.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Boost bubble is only available for level 100 characters as far as I understand it.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is not the last time when we get power-ups from DBG I'm sure. Perhaps in 1 year time we will get bubble that increase our potency to 100 as a part of a daily reward :)
  7. Fiadhe Member

Thank you all for your helpful answers.
    None of my toons are level 100 yet, almost there though.
    Knowing that Yun Zi will be around for a while is a relief.
    This means that I can still enjoy getting to 100 naturally :)
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Each quest is only offered for a single week (at least that is how I read the information about a new quest next Tuesday) so if you can't/don't do this week's quest, you may not be able to get the week 1 items.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

then u have 8 weeks to level up your alts
  10. Mysstie Well-Known Member

FYI, my level 85 toon only saw the Decoration Bags, Familiar Tonic, and Mara House deed. She couldn't see any of the level 100 items. So, couldn't buy them for future use. My main can see everything. Since I'm not leveling any of my crafter alts it doesn't concern me.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

You could also make a brand new baby toon use the level 100 bauble on it, do the quest before it resets and then your account will be flagged for all the first week items for the rest of your toons. That way you can continue to level your other toons as you see fit and still get the rewards later for them.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  12. Conifur Well-Known Member

What server are you on? It is actually really easy to get to 100 if you just want to get to 100.
  13. Stach Well-Known Member

this I would like to know, 95 to 100 is a massive pain anymore
  14. santargria Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with the 90-100 level issue

90-95 - sky shrine works just fine, you just need to do the quests

I recently did AOM with an alt and easily leveled them from 95 to 100 by the end

I do see the OP point about the 100 requirement, but as long as the items remain available once the toons get there, I have no issue with it.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Level 26 adventurer/100 crafter, only see bags of decorations, the familiar bauble and the deed. Would be nice to store the token for future use, but I'm not fussed about it. She'll more than likely have different mercs by time reaches level 100 adventurer. :D (or 110 after expac goes live!)
    santargria likes this.
  16. Azian Well-Known Member

This is how I'm reading it too. The OP would need to have at least one level 100 character between now and this upcoming Monday to get the first quest done before it resets to the 2nd weekly quest on Tuesday. I guess we don't know if the npc will still hang around after the 9 weeks are done. (Hopefully?)

This is definitely what I would do. ^^
  17. Fiadhe Member

Hi again all you lovely helpful people :)
    I made a new toon, used to 100 token. Went and got lovely rewards from Yun Zi
    BUT BUT BUT
    NONE of my other toons can see these things, which takes me back to my first comment about WHY is this quest only for level 100? DB's advert did NOT mention this, and WHY can't all our toons see the stuff ???????? It's not logical. It's also utterly unfair. People with many toons will only be able to have ONE of their characters benfefitting by this.
    COME ON DAYBREAK - GET IT RIGHT PLEASE !!!!
    ALL our toons should be able to see and store the rewards once he quest has been done.
    After all, we are paying members and loyal, and what for? if we don't get the rewards we have been promised??????
    GrunEQ likes this.
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Fiadhe,

Relax, now that you have your account flagged, those rewards will remain on the merchant for your other toons to pick up when they hit 100 as well.

Maybe someone could ask our devs on discord how long the merchant is going to be up after the event is over so you will know for sure how long you have.
    santargria and Finora like this.
  19. Ratza Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the merchant is still there "after" this event ends so that any toon on an account can access these going forward. Anyone know? I understand the quests are weekly but will the merchant remain in game after the event ends?
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yun Zi has something for players at every level. The stuff with stats is pretty limited to level 100, but there ARE things your low level toons CAN get.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, you have all summer to level your little toons to 100, THEN they can nab the goodies.
    Mermut likes this.