Yrzu Faction Question and Comments

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Almee, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I was trying to finish my faction, with the Yrzu, and somehow managed to take 45K faction and reduce it to 14K. I thought I was doing the quests, as they came up, but apparently we are sent into Pakiat territory, where I did a couple of quests that I don't think would reduce my Yrzu faction, but apparently did to the tune of 31K.

Does this mean I have to scrap this character from further questing, as I have no idea how to rebuild the Yrzu faction without quests, or is there some way to get more faction without quests? And why does DB have to keep doing these stupid faction quests where doing quests for one faction wipes out faction for another group?

I remember, now, why I stopped playing right after PoP went live. My fancy-dance merc can't kill the mobs by himself so it messes up faction for other groups if I have to step in and help. The only way around it is to either group (which is impractical for me) or wait until a new xpac comes out and then use the new xpac merc to go back and do the quests.

I have had to do this with some other xpacs and always hated it as it is hard to read the tiny script that tells you whether the quest will bork the faction with another group. And I've already found that the Wiki run throughs aren't always accurate due to changes in the game.

I know I tried to make sure I wasn't damaging any already-earned faction with the 3 Pakiat quests I did but when I am having to constantly go back and forth, with Wiki, to do the quests, it becomes really confusing. I'm finding the quests on PoP to be just as confusing as the ones on RoK which were a nightmare.

I am sure that there are many of you, who will disagree with me, and you are entitled to your opinion just as I'm entitled to mine. However, if DB thinks that making a confusing game will attract players then I think someone is smoking something that I would like to share with them.

One of the core rules, I learned in business administration, is to "Keep It Simple Stupid."
    Complexity is not content and no one is being fooled except the people who think complexity does equal content. Confusion, and the loss of faction you have gained, is not enjoyable just as having the program fail to record the completion of a quest is not enjoyable and makes for very unhappy players and does little to encourage us to re-sub to the game.

2. Dude Well-Known Member

You have to grind out each faction with repeatable quests and then move on to the next faction. Doing any quest from another faction will lower the other two factions.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I did that, Dude, but now all the quests have been done, for the Yrzu faction, and I can't do them again so how do I get my faction back?
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

There are two or three repeatable quests that never go away. You have to grind away.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First of all, read the rather comprehensive wiki for the POP expansion that includes all the details on the faction quests and make sure you do the last quest for each faction BEFORE going to the next one. Wikia also includes details on when to scribe the Esoterean reading stone to actually complete that aspect for the PoP timeline. Your faction will still decline for the other two factions, but if you've actually read and followed the instructions (KISS principle applied), and read it, you'll know that your faction will NEVER go below 20K ever. Don't bother working on multiple faction quests simultaneously as that's pointless as hell and never gets you anywhere. I'm a great believer in KISS myself and that's amply detailed by the wikia if reading comprehension is applied to the situation, haha. I'm continually amazed (and why, I'm not sure), that many players trip themselves up by pulling wikia up and then not bothering to READ it. In most cases, simply following WIKI writeup is about as KISS as it gets. But you actually have to read it and follow the instructions, haha
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was a simple mistake, anybody could make it, but as stated prior there are a couple in each faction that have endlessly repeatable quests in case something like this happened.

Good luck and welcome back Almee.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

Bhayar, I admit I didn't know there was a Wiki write up on PoP but I was following the Wiki write ups, on the quests, even though at least one of them was incorrect.

Unfortunately, so much has changed, in the game, since I last adventured, which was the day PoP went live, that there is an awful lot of stuff to try and remember. And it shouldn't be that way.

I love all the features of EQII except its incessant requirement to constantly consult Wiki. If you only have one computer, switching, between Wiki and the game, is intrusive and defeats the whole point of immersion in the game. This is especially true when you are trying to work on more than one quest, in the same area, at the same time, which is how the game is set up.

A player has to either give up precious game play time, to fly back and forth doing just one quest at a time, or the player can double up on quests, in the same area, which allows more time for actual questing. I am doing the later because flying around is tedious and time consuming.

I rarely had to consult a write up when playing other online games similar to EQII. And when I did have to print something out, it was usually a map of a new area.

And this became crystal clear when I was going through all the stored paperwork in my house. The print outs, for EQII, took up multiple 3-ring binders. It was a staggering amount of paper and ink that I sent out to be recycled.

In addition, I sent out multiple printers, I had worn out, printing up stuff for EQII. Much of it I couldn't even read because the print is so small.

But it reminded me of how I was wasting precious resources to play this game. I had a binder for each xpac and some xpacs required 2 binders.

So one of the things I vowed to change, if I played again, was to forego printouts. I only had one binder, for all of my other games, and that made me realize how crazy it was to be using up printers, paper, and ink to play a game. I had literally been going through a printer a year to play EQII. And this was all because the quest lines are so complicated you need a diagram to figure out the order in which to do things along with all the write ups and maps.

I know there is a segment, of the general population, that loves complexity, but it is a very small segment and I'm not sure it is large enough to financially support a game such as EQII. DB could solve that problem by streamlining the signature lines and saving the complexity for optional, expert lines. For example, I haven't done it yet, but I hear the TS signature line, of PoP, is inanely complicated and long. I haven't been following the Forum, in the months I haven't played, so I don't know how many players this has discouraged, but I do know some people have, or are, dropping their subs like I did.

These are long-time players like I was. I find this sad as I want players to love playing and want them to financially support the game. They have put thousands of hours into playing but are turned off by time required to figure out all the stats, deity points, imbues, reforging, factions, ascension points, adornments, alternate-advancement points, etc. It is easier for most people to file their taxes than figure out all the math involved in EQII.

So I contend that EQII follows anything but the KISS rule of business. Last I read, first-person shooter games still rule because they are so easy to play and don't require a huge amount of investment in time, effort, or materials. While I hope EQII doesn't get that simple, it certainly needs to scale back the point systems to xp and reduce stats to understandable numbers and factors. In addition, signature lines need to be streamlined so that having to consult with Wiki is totally optional.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Btw, I still haven't had anyone tell me who to talk to to get the repeatable Yrzu quests. No one has a quest sign on Yrzu.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not discounting the learning curve that came for players (including me) that left during Vesspyr Isles and then came back following Terrors of Thalumbra, Kunark Ascending and now PoP. That said, if you haven't looked at the recent post in the news section about "Returning to EQ2?" It is a decent summary of many of the changes. Stats you want to learn about: your own primary, potency, stamina are good starting points. Id' say joining a newbie friendly guild is a must and they can certainly aid your learning curve. But first, let's talk Yrzu. I have no idea where your current faction stands with them, but not all quest givers for Yrzu (especially starting back), are stationed in Yrzu. Go back to wikis page and look for the Yrzu faction only and start with the person who gives you opening quests (might be in Metherial Plains on the bluffs, etc. A lot is dependent on where your faction currently resides, so check that and then move forward. Once you get back in their good graces, try and recover. We had a couple of guildies do what you did.
    The problem currently is you just can't fill a game dialogue box with all the information pertaining to quests that are involved. Part of the reason is that a lot of people don't even bother reading the current information and miss stuff because they're busy clicking through the dialogue boxes and then wonder why they get stuck, haha. Blame your ADD generations/first person shooters or whatever, but it's an ongoing problem. People complain because there's too much information or they complain because there's not enough. You have to strike a happy medium. No one will ever be happy, so you have to strike a simple medium. You want complicated (read "immersive"), play an MMOG. You want simple, grab your playstation, controller and shoot away. I doubt we'll ever see a blend. Again, I'd join an active guild that is open to new players and willing to take the time to help them. A game without Wikia isn't ever going to be a reality I fear.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

@ Almee whoever you heard from on the TS line for POP was incredibly wrong, it was not difficult at all, in fact I think there is only 5 or 6 quest to the whole thing. Even on my first character when I did it I got it done in less than a day, and that was when I had never done it before so didn't know exactly what all was next. At least to me it was very simple and had a couple nice quest rewards.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I think the problem is solved. Thank you for your help.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You were directed to the wiki. You want the PoP Timeline page, which shows all the repeatable quests and you can get the locations from the quest pages.