Yreth's Flying Friend = #1 useless spell

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Clownwrangler, Dec 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Clownwrangler Guest

Don't get me wrong I enjoy being a Warlock because I like being unique and having some personality, but getting a bat familiar at 40 gives you an idea of how little thought was put into our class. Can anyone think of a more useless spell by any class? Where's the excitement of having a bat pet at 40 when you can summon a frog and turn it into a bat at 35?
  2. ARCHIVED-Hexi Guest

It does seem a little backwards, doesn't it? One would think you'd get the familar first, then be able to turn people into the animal later. From an RPG sense, one could maintain that you've watched your familar for so long, you discovered the process of transformation. :)

The familar doesn't really do much, does it? I think I'll be happy with it so long as it doesn't croak a gazillion times per minute.
  3. ARCHIVED-WarBagel Guest

Nonsense. You are looking at it from the wrong angle. You had a good friend Hank, at least until he made you mad by stealing your ultra-hot DE girlfriend. Now you have turned him into a toad and make him follow you around apologizing for his shameful behavior as loudly and as often as possible. Seeeeee.....not so bad, eh? *SMACKS Hank because he won't SHUTUP!!!!*
  4. ARCHIVED-feday Guest

Something that is especially silly is that the pets take a concentration point, but the pet itself has quite close to 0 use.
  5. ARCHIVED-SeTSwiPe Guest

I never thought of actually just turning it into a bat. nice idea