You're a sneaky one Domino (or whoever did it!)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MW2K2, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    I highlighted in red why domino would indeed be a part of that equation. Whether people want to believe it or not.. the state of crafted items (armor and weapons) does indeed play a huge part of the game.. as people compare what they can get via drops to what they can get crafted for them.
    Itemization really needs looked at in both areas.
  2. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I would say with the start of any expansion that increases the level, tradeskillers made a fortune off of Adept 3s (those that came make them).
    In addition, alchemists continue to make money off scouts, woodworkers continue to make money off rangers (and others to a much smaller extent) and provs make money off everyone.

Tradeskillers can make money, but I doubt you will ever see crafted armor comparable to legendary, nor should you.
    MC is a stepping stone to better gear, it is part of the path, not the destination.
  3. ARCHIVED-Pyra Shineflame Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    You are awfully cynical...the fact that Domino said that faction/writ grinding was not going to be the way to get the cloaks means that that little mistake is noted.
    On the other hand, I wonder what exactly is on the plate of the devs.
    Perhaps this itemization problem that you hold in such high regard is a bigger issue and takes more time than giving tradeskillers something to show off. It is an attempt to give tradeskillers more content, and I think it is a very good one.
    quested vs crafted probably has some cross department referencing to deal with as well.
    I suppose what I am getting at is:
    Patience. Don't let things like that poison the good stuff.
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Giland@Guk wrote:
    While in theory I agree with you let me point out the major flaw in your logic, it is highlighted in red.

The level cap was raised from 70-80. I did not have to upgrade a single piece of my gear or spells to handle all the content in Rok. Granted this toon had all legendary/fabled gear and all master spells but still, nothing was "necessary" as an upgrade to get working on the higher content. I hit 80 using my EoF class set and T7 masters. At that point I decided to harvest and upgrade my spells (honestly, the upgrades there from t7 M1 to T8 A3 is pitiful but that is another thread). At that point I had already acquired through questing to get to 80 enough Legendary gear to outfit the toon in almost entire legendary with a few T8 fabled pieces.

So the journey was a quick one - less than a week for me personally. Why would I ever spend the time, money or effort to acquire substandard gear as a stepping stone when that stone could just be hopped over? That is the crux of the discussion. Until MC gear can be brought up to par with dropped gear there is really very little need to acquire and/or use it.

I did; however, have a tailor guildie make an entire set of the tranquil cloth for my conj because I thought the gear set looked nice and my anticipation for the mannequins was to keep it, a decision I am regretting now as I cant store it on the mannequin so I now have 7 more pieces of gear I dont know what to do with...
  5. ARCHIVED-Mustang8259 Guest

Woot! I found this thread after someone refered me here from the GU42 Preview. Thanks Domino! I'm glad some love is finally being shown to Crafters, it's been long overdue. Being as I'm a craftaholic and have one of each craft at 80 i look forward to lots of fun with these new TS "epics", lots of work i'm sure, but lots of fun as well! Again, I can't thank any of the SOE people enough from art department on down that helps the crafters, you're all awesome!
  6. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

What I'd like to know is who is going to have the first tradeskill cloak quilted or knit in time to wear to Fan Faire?? XD
  7. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    *grumbles about needing a new sewing machine and a table not strewn with computer bits and pieces*
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    At least you HAVE a table! rofl!

*knit one, perl two, cast off... no, waitaminit*
  9. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Most folks aren't and weren't in full fabledwhen the expansion came out. I made ungodly amounts of T8 mastercrafted, and still make several sets a week for people. So while its nice to be you, "normal" players are finding the MC to be quite useable for a change (unlike many previous tiers).
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

erin wrote:
    That's the truth :)

I hit Kunark finally just last month, and my T7 Mastercrafted is actually holding up quite well against all the quest rewards. I think I've only moved three pieces to the Appearance slot.

Tryin' to get my 7 rare ores before I hit 72. hahahaha.
  11. ARCHIVED-OmniDrac Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    You leveled to 80 in a week....
    You are in the Exchange Server....
    You have mastercrafted you do not know what to do with? I guess that is right...Most sellers have Legendary items and masters available for 9.99 or less US dollars? Why would they want mastercrafted.
    Please do not lump non exchange servers into your discussion.
  12. ARCHIVED-PcJUNKE Guest

how about a type of proc on the cloak and it takes what your making and increases it 10 fold =O
  13. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Love the idea of crafting epics! Thanks, Domino. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Giland@Guk wrote:
    So what is the destination for tradeskillers?

Anyway the nest recipes show that crafted legendary armour is doable.
  15. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Sidori@Crushbone wrote:
    Itemization HAS been looked at

Tailor and Armorer made gear is now deemed to be positioned correctly with the new TD/Kunark gear. Sure that still leaves Jeweler (although this is far closer to TD quality than tailor and armorer was) and Weaponsmith/Woodworker, but to claim that Domino's "State of the Tradeskills" doesn't have any items that address the itemization issue are patently false!
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Banedon@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    OH? Where?
    Please tell me your not referring to her Maybe list...
    Those items that have been on the maybe list for a good six months now...and nothing to say they will ever be looked in to...
    As for Armor...sure some of it's been corrected, but I don't understand why there is not more armor like this
    [IMG]
    More crafted set armor for other tiers...
    I think this was an example of what they can actually give us for crafted gear that is desirable, it's a matter of when we see it...
    As for Weaponsmiths/Woodworkers.... the weapons/items need major tweaks across the board, but with the new epics out now...I doubt it'll ever be implemented...
    /shrug