You're a sneaky one Domino (or whoever did it!)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MW2K2, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I'd actually prefer it if it was a wall-hanging, myself .. but .. either or ..
    I'm happy to take any wee little scraps of interest that Domino and the other Devs are willing to throw our way ..
  2. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    With 'items' like these...theres always a 'catch 22' , just like the Mannequins...any crafter can make 'em, provided you've grinded out 4k+ in writs to get enough faction to buy the recipes...
    So...wouldn't be too far a stretch the same would occur with these...however, I would say it'll be some long series of quests and probably send you into some dungeon you'll need a group or raid force for (like with the Blood Ore Armor) in order to craft it....
  3. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    /dcc tin-foil hat.
    Crimini. Rather than adopt a policy of 'wait-and-see' before running around kicking dirt in the happy folks' faces, there seems to be a trend to act like any attention from Domino or anyone else is probably wicked and evil because it doesn't conform to your view of How Things Should Be.â„¢ With players like this, who needs enemies?
    I, for one, am excited to see the cloaks, the weapons, and all the gew-gaws coming out with Erollisi Day. THANK YOU to Domino, Kaitheel, and everyone else who's had a hand in it. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I would like to see more emphasis placed on correcting the itemization inbalance between crafted items and looted/dropped items rather than putting out more 'fluff' recipes
    Personally I think it's kinda funny...."epic" cloaks? what happens....you put it on and become SUPER CRAFTER!!!
    da tada dah!!!
    Able to craft at the speed of light! You burn through raw's like its no ones business! Able to race up those steps to vendor trash your mastercrafted because you know its no good and run back to do more! Craft so quickly you won't ever realize how mundane your crafter really is!!
    /yawn
  5. ARCHIVED-Journee Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    ROFLMAO
    OMG I laughed so hard over that I almost spewed my coffee all over my desk at work.
    Thanks for my morning laugh... now da tada dah!!! ..... off to the copier at the speed of sound... oh wait I'm missing my cloak, oh well I will simply make one out of paper while I'm there
    Thanks again
    ~Journee~
  6. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Here's another idea!
    The reason for the epic crafting cloaks is as follows:
    In attempts to bridge the gap between adventurers and crafters they have implented epic cloaks that MUST be obtained prior to finalizing an adventurers epic weapon. The necessary component can only molded onto the epic weapons by crafters donning this epic cloak!
  7. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    I think you'd be able to hear the collective howl of the playerbase from the moon at that point.
  8. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

OK, I cant resist...this thread has gotten to be almost comical at this point and mush like the above, I almost spewed soda at the crafting at the speed of light comments...that was hilarious- thank you for the laugh :)

For a moment, I thought seriously about what, within the current game mechanics would be interesting for a crafting cloak that was of epic proportion (aside from chances at creating fabled spells and armor) and I wondered....

Impunity while harvesting...invisibility that doesn't break while harvesting....whoa....but then reality of balance came back and the dream was over...the ears and whines drowned it out ...back to work I go...
  9. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    Most likely....but remember something similiar was done with KoS, I believe on of the HQ's or Hallmark quests required you to be either 50th or 60th level crafter...
    So...not to hard to believe something similiar would occur... ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    Yes it was a forged mid level 50's recipe which oddly enough my sage completed without incidence.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yah, there was a huge up roar then too....
    /shrug
  12. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Just a couple o' quick notes ...
    1. Yes, it's my fault, and you can blame me. And, I'm sure you will once some of the details become clearer. :D In turn, I will blame Bristlebane, and will forward any complaints directly to him.
    2. That which Froech referred to as tradeskill epics, and which I've been referring to as crafting class quests in my state of the tradeskills post, can be done by any adventure level provided you are sufficiently high crafting level. I have tested it extensively as a level 5 adventurer. A couple parts may be slightly less hazardous as a high adventurer, but most of it will be just as lethal. See note above about Bristlebane.
    3. There is no requirement for faction with your home city's local tradeskill society, either to do the class quests or to get cloaks. There are however other challenges involved, of course!
    4. The entire tradeskill-related content of this game update was planned and implemented under the assumption cloaks would not be available. The fact that the art guys did have time to make some new cloaks is fantastic, but the quests were all initially planned without them. Though they do have awesome "epic" looks and I'm very happy the art guys did have time for this update. :D How you do get them and whether or not they are tied in to any of the other quests is something you will have to discover on your own.
    5. Srukin and Feconix are awesome and showed me how to do all sorts of neat things that you'll no doubt curse me for.
    As noted by several previous posters, there's not really a lot that tradeskillers need, not in the same way that adventurers can be given a wide range of exciting effects on their weapons. So while there are rewards I hope folks will find nice, the main goal of this update is FUN. If everyone has fun with the new stuff, then crafters win. :D Overall I'm very excited to see if everyone has fun with the new stuff, since fun is what this game is all about.
  13. ARCHIVED-GastonPhoebus Guest

greenmantle wrote:
    I think Sage, Provisioner, Woodworker (those look like arrowheads to me!), Jeweler, Tailor, Armorer....
  14. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Considering I won't ho anywhere without Hair of the Dog, then if fun is a part of this quest line, I'm THERE...!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

Journee wrote:
    I know this is very off topic but why do people do this? Why are you making your font so tiny its unreadable? I have to highlight and increase the font size just to read it, and frankly, most of the time I won't bother, thus your point would never get across. Why do people do this?

As far as epic cloaks, what if just for example, its a two piece item - a cloak which proclaims your level 80 master crafter-ness plus a book of recipes that you can only obtain this way?
    Maybe for example for a carpenter it would be a special house item. Nothing game breaking, just something you can only make this way? Perhaps for each class, it would be an item that allows you to display your stuff? The old mannequin idea for armor and tailoring... that sort of thing.

They can go a lot of cool ways that have nothing to do with making crafting easier and still reward those of us that have worked to get to 80.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    TBH Domino, it's getting a bit tiresome sitting the side lines just for 'fun fluff' recipes that will never serve any use in the game. By that I mean, it has no viable use for adventurers. We've had almost an entire years worth of 'fluff' (read: carpenter) for players inn rooms, not to mention Frostfell and now Erollisi Day. Your State of Tradeskills doesn't show anything of real value or what you plan to do about the obvious itemization issue of crafted items vs. looted/quested items. So yah...it may be nice to have some alternative quests for tradeskill experience rather than just grinding in a tradeskill instance, but by no means does that mean 'fun'. The fact most players will have to grind through a ton of writs to gain faction in order to even use the mannequin recipe being put in, is not fun.
    New does not always mean fun...
    Writ grinding does not always mean fun...
    Faction grinding does not always mean fun...

For a game that had a mission statement of not making things a time sink, it really seems Tradeskills have become nothing more than just that. Its a huge time sink and yields little to know reward; and not even a worthwhile reward at that...
    And by reward, I mean a viable comodity that is provided to the consumer (read: adventurer).
  17. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    I think the upgrade to mastercrafted armor for T8 was a big boost and made the armor desirable.
    From a Dirge POV, The combat art and healing increase on the melodic set made a huge difference for my dirge. Honestly, I even replaced the two pieces of my legendary set that I was still wearing from EOF. The tailor made MC cloak is nice too with the 2 to melee and ranged crit.
    I am hoping the same change will go in for weaponsmiths. I might actually be interested in picking up a MC weapon if it had some nice abilities on it.
    To help woodworkers, it would be nice if they could add things like haste/dps bonuses instead of the heal proc.
    But either way, boosting the armor is a good start and I would not consider it fluff.
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    The thing you must remember is that Domino said almost from day one the reason Carpenters have been getting so much stuff is because on like every other class in the game that has stuff that effects Adventures, she does not need the help of others, who where until resontly working on RoK, to impliment. She also said once the RoK rush is over she can then tap thier talents to help the other crafting classes, this started with the MC Armor upgrades, and I am shure they are working hard on other things for other classes as well, it just takes time and they have only had a couple months sence the Devs that could help her got done with RoK.
  19. ARCHIVED-Solkarr Guest

Although I am also among the people who hope there is something "useful" as well as fun and also cloaks to show off sounds great...
    I wanted to point out that ALL tradeskill classes **DO** have things adventurers want... and want a LOT of.
    Every tradeskill class can make adornments, unique to their tradeskill class.
    I admit if you are not a transmuter you have to buy the powders and fragments etc etc... BUT many of us buy our rares and raws too, so it is no different. Adventuerers buy adornments at an amazing rate. I will not say how many I sell every day because I have enough competition already =). And although I REALLY enjoyed my brief monopoly when transmuting was first added into the game, it is good to see so many crafters making this stuff for adventurers, at least once they reach the higher tiers (often people do not bother to adorn low level gear since it does not last as long).

Quintin (80 armorer/transmuter on Kithikor)
  20. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    And why would it? She has NOTHING to do with the looted/quested items. Wanna complain about that, talk to Fireflyte as I believe that is their area of expertise.