You're a sneaky one Domino (or whoever did it!)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-MW2K2, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Woot! Carpenters get to make Epic furniture - a normally handcrafted T1 item will be imbued with "Cushions of the Gods!" making it 1,000,000 status reduction FTW!

:)
  2. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

How about a rug that resizes itself into wall-to-wall carpeting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Journee Guest

Kelthus@Nektulos wrote:
    /sigh
    I hope not. I love to tradeskill but the amount of time I have to play is not devoted entirely to tradeskilling much less tradeskill writs. I would love to take part in some quest for a starter cloak (since the other epic's are going to be a 2 parter I would hope we would have the same opportunity) but if it is tied into tens of thousands of faction well then I will be without a cloak.
    Not a complaint I think they are an AWSOME idea and a HUGE Thank You to Domino and the others who put time into this. I am just saying not everyone has lots of faction just sitting around.
    ~Journee~
  4. ARCHIVED-Soulforged_Unrest Guest

Glad to see a TS epic, but why is it a cloak? Wasn't it stated before (i really can't remember where) that all epics would be weapons?
  5. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Charons@Unrest wrote:
    Hmm ... then maybe it's not a cloak ... or maybe it's not an epic, and Froech just misspoke ... or both!
  6. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

DominoDev wrote:

Sometimes I really dont like you ;)

one thing to consider. By the time someone can build up 40k faction they would be lvl 70+ At this point crafting is extremely easy. Any item that you have to wait that long to get/use should have some other effect than just boosting skill. I hope you thought about this before the creation of these items. If not, I will still have to get one and will love it .. and squeeze it and call it George.
  7. ARCHIVED-Akantha Guest

Hip, hip, hooray for a tradeskill epic! Thank you!
  8. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Qandor wrote:
    Probably no benefit given on these cloaks, the M.O. of late is adding fluff, so most likely more fluff like the Mannequins and Loveyourselfinthemirror Drinks. Fluff is a good way to overshadow the issue of unbalanced itemization between crafted products and looted/dropped products.
    /shrug
  9. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Fluff item that can be crafted, requires 4 different types of 'raw' and a fuel, all five items must be made via five separate receipes, all receipes are level 120 and hence Epic.

(j/k)
  10. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

Kelthus@Nektulos wrote:
    Where did you get the 40,000 faction number you associate with cloaks from? I was under the impression no details have been given out on the cloak quests yet
  11. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    Maybe they'll increase the likelihood of getting FOI! *crosses fingers, eyes, toes, hairs... etc* (me likey the free rares!)
  12. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:
    OMG I would LOVE that... I find that I don't like the wood floors I see everywhere, splinters in your feet, etc... and the cold stone floors in my basement/crafting dungeon... brr... bring on the rugs! :-D
  13. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    What about those of us with lv 80 crafters already? That would really really suck to have to work up 40K faction with grinding writs that do nothing for you except eat up your time and resources. :-(
  14. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    LOL, sometimes I just love you Domino :O

You ever get the feeling you can empathize with a mushroom? I do...and when I forget, I read the forums looking for an answer and recall once again how to empathize with the mushrooms....LOL
  15. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Jacobian21 wrote:
    I am not saying this should or should not have anything to do with faction. What I was saying is that by the time you get to 70, crafting is so easy that you don't need any boosts. High Level or high factions requirements make +skill or +success items almost worthless.
  16. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Torri@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Because he prolly read someone in another thread speculating on this and took it for fact.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Ok.. in the past I was never really concerned with how much faction I had in Tradeskills. I did writs in order to help level my guild and for personal status points. Now, with this talk of requiring faction to get these cloaks (I know speculative) how does one actually check their faction? I didn't see a dropdown for tradeskills on the Faction tab of my persona.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    It's in the 'show all' tab
  19. ARCHIVED-Vendolyn Guest

RE: 40k faction etc.

The person who posted this said he tried to make a funny, but then people took it as fact so he edited everything out of his post.

Aside: no matter how it exists in test anyway, does not guarantee what it would be like live!

PS: Domino, can we get something that right click summons a Pegacorn? That's, er, half unicorn, half pegasus. I hear they have magic powers and such. If it would tell random bedtime stories, even when you don't want to hear them, that would be great too.

PPS: The above was written to distract me from actually working at work. The end.
  20. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    That all depends on where you live. :)

If you live in Freeport, Qeynos, or Neriak you'll look under the "Shattered Lands" tab. If you live in Kelethin, look under the "Faydwer" tab. And if you live in Gorowyn, look under the "Kunark" tab.