Your tree is currently being saved, please try again.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Nov 15, 2012.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Why can't the servers keep up with AA points being set?

Why did they reset all AA when only prestige if ANYthing needed to be reset.

Forcing me to reset 9000 aa points and then lagging it out while i do it is no beuno.
    Pinktonya likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

this must be the fix that Terrogaunt made. Some people have AA resetting on zoning/camping constantly and he thought it was linked to them placing the points too fast for the server to catch up. This fix prevents you from spending the points too fast and then having to spend them again 1h later after zoning.
  3. Salavar Active Member

LOL, unintended consequences
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Save the trees!
  5. Terrogaunt Developer

I haven't heard any new reports of people getting their AA's reset after saving them out, have you? :)
  6. Pijotre Well-Known Member

I knew you would make a band aid fix like this instead of improving your database performance to keep up with a persons clicking speed *sigh*
  7. Terrogaunt Developer

Actually we're doing both, but improving database performance for this requires changing the way that AA points are spent as a whole, which means QA testing and time. We wanted something to stop AA resets right now, since the issue is happening right now. Unless you click when you can't actually spend a point in a slot (like clicking so fast, you try and spend an 11th point because the client hasn't realized that the tier is maxed), most of the time you'll never actually see the "Please try again" message.
  8. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Well tbh its nothing new the same thing has been happening on the last 2 AA resets as well so I'm wondering why you sound as if this was a new issue. And for the record I see it on pretty much every time I max a skill before it lets me move on to the next.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

I kind of love you for this. I had a couple of toons that were resetting constantly, and spent half of the raid time last night resetting AA's on my poor troub who lost them zoning, then lost them again when crashing (internet, not game). Today, they're sticking quite well on all my characters =)
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Just so you know this doesn't just happen clicking "fast", I get it consistently click one ability wait 1 second click to add aa to the next wait one second click to add aa to the next ability, then it won't take a click for about 15 seconds and each time i try i get that message.

Honestly you need to put the screen in edit mode, lets us put them up ANDdown until we have it where we wont, frozen in place and cannot move until done, with a "save and done" button. AA has been around for what 4 years and we still got this clunky interface even though you have redone it like 7 times now?

1 save to the database instead of 320, that alone is a 320x performance increase. How can you not get money for a 320x performance increase?
    Pijotre likes this.