Your spell lineup at 70

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-drk78, May 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-drk78 Guest

[p]Curious on what everyone's damage spell lineup is at 70. What are you using most and how much damage is it doing? Just like to do a little comparison to see if I can improve what I'm doing.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-BetaMaster Guest

[p]A friend of mine showed me an interesting chart the other day which pretty much confirmed a lot of the things that I believed about our spell efficiency order.[/p][p]The efficiency of a spell is based on the amount of damage it does divided by the time it takes to cast it +0.5 sec recovery timer.[/p][p]damage/(cast time + recovery time) = efficiency dps[/p][p]To see how important a spell is overall you take the amount of damage it does divided by the cast time + 0.5 sec recovery timer + recast timer.[/p][p]damage/(cast time + recovery time + recast time) = total dps of spell in your rotation[/p][p] [/p][p]Of course these all end up to be base numbers and things like crits, procs, lowered resists etc can allow all your nukes to do more dmg.[/p][p] [/p][p]I'll see if I can find that chart but this is the spell order I use:[/p][p]Before Pull I'll put on Netherous Realm and Corrupt Gift then when the mob gets in cast:[/p][p]Tumultuous Maelstrom[/p][p]Netherous Lord[/p][p]Dark Infestations[/p][p]Aura of Nihility[/p][p]War Pyre[/p][p]Scourge of Shadows[/p][p]Catalyst Apoc[/p][p]Then I cycle thru all my spells based on their dps efficiency always watching my dots to make sure i'm not reapplying before they finish their time... no need to waste dps.[/p][p] This is a long fight format (ie raids). Fast fights you can do more dmg with different orders.[/p][p] [/p][p]~Saltaf Level 70 Warlock~ Legacy[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Fyrstorm Guest

Nice Info Beta. My Guild leader actually suggested I do up a chart based on those same paramaters as my dps has been lagging behind the main Warlock. Havent got around to it but I did download the ACT parser (advanced combat tracker) he suggested. I have 2 monitors and have it running in real time and based on that I've changed my spell order in raids to be almost exactly what you posted. Still lagging behind the other lock but the gap is closing. Hope you get that chart up or I may have to do it myself:)