Your RoK Warlock spell ideas

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Pilgrim Divine, May 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Pilgrim Divine Guest

hi, Hopefully we will get at least one new spell with RoK and so i wondered what you would like to see. My idea is below, be gentle with me tho, its very conceptual :) Following a disease AE route, ive got for a spell which is a PBAoE contagious disease. Ive made the damage decrease with time as the infection lessens throughout its victims. That way, max damage is sooner & therefore more useful in short group fights as well as long raid fights. Like any disease, the enemy wont necessarily catch it (50% chance to not catch it) but when they do, they effects are harsh. I believe this 50% chance for each new victim NOT to catch it stops it being overpowered too much. I envisage its damage to be like a much stronger widespread Chaostorm. The penalty /con of this spell is not so much instant aggro but rather draining of power whilst ithe disease is raging. Anyway feel free to comment and post any ideas you have. Who knows, the devs may be inspired by your spell :) [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Love the idea, but if its on a 3min reuse, nix the 50% to not be effected. I'll have to delve deeper into the math, but for some reason the recurring power cost just seems high to me, but im not fully awake yet so might be way off.
  3. ARCHIVED-Oidan Guest

For a situational spell, I think it could work. Could be fun to play around with, a couple places come to mind.
    I would like to see them free us of Nil Crystals. Please just say no. If you were to add some equivalent to every class on the next big patch, you would make a lot of people upset.
    As far as thinking of new spells goes, I think just re-adding new ones every 14 levels is kind of lazy. Why not just focus on what makes every class fun to play and viable. How about lessining(sp) the amount of aggro we generate or give us better tools to do so.
    We are the supposed masters of ae but other classes can do better and not die. If I had plate, I could tank for grp's. Tanking is fun but not my job.
    I would like to think of new spells but I would rather they fix some of the old issues fix.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soefje Guest

[p]I would like to see a "rescue" type spell. [/p][p] Trapped in the Void[/p][p]The target is trapped in the void for the duration of the spell or until canceled by the warlock. The target can't take damage or be the target of the spell while trapped, but can't attack or cast spells either. This would give the group a few seconds to get a tank up or rez a healer, etc. I would even see that the warlock would be stunned an unable to move during this time. [/p][p] It would be very cool if the target was trapped in a cloud (sort of like the shadow men) during the duration of the spell. Would like to see the duration be increased as the quality of the spell increase (app to adept to master). [/p][p] Would be a great utility spell, unique, and fit with the warlock use of the void.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Gromann Guest

Kraace@Everfrost wrote:
    I could see this spell going live, with a catch.....

• Does not effect Epic targets
  6. ARCHIVED-Isult Guest

I would like to see a spell that would give us the ability to link mobs/strengthen the link of already linked mobs. I see a couple of benefits to this, actually. We would be able pick up and use a greater variety of our spells if adds happen to come into the mix, we would better be able to handle social aggro if that occurs and it would help a bit (in the case of loosely linked mobs) in controlling aggro and avoiding getting whacked because 1 or 2 mobs in an encounter decided to ignore the tank and come whack you. I, admittedly, haven't done too much beyong just theorizing about this (i.e. timers, what mobs wouldn't be affected, resistability, etc) and I suspect that it would have the potential to mess up game mechanics. I do think, however that it would be nice to be able to utilize more than just single target and AoE spells when confronted with multiple individual mobs. ~Isult~
  7. ARCHIVED-Radiosickness Guest

It seems to me that we as warlocks get hosed on most drops. Maybe its just me but i would like to seem more warlock drops happen. I dont understand hoe a coecer gets more drops than anyother toon in the game just doesnt seem fair. sickfirecat
  8. ARCHIVED-Clowningaround Guest

Personaly as an evasion warlock going Agi/Int, with propogation line up i would like to see Nihilism interupt target/s, currently at 38% chance to to proc (it procs all the time btw) but low damage, an interupt would be nice for group and solo play.