Your (not so) typical arrow question

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Taubin, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Taubin Guest

So, I was doind a little bit of raiding and xp'ing today, when I realized that I had gone through my entire 20 slot quiver (1980 arrows) quite rapidly. It kinda got me thinking while I was harvesting and re-filling, how many arrows I typically go through in an average day, and, how this compairs to everyone else. I concluded that on an average day for me I'll go through about 3/4 of a 20 slot quiver. (about 1485 arrows for those of you keeping track). Is this about par for the rest of the ranger community? More of a curiosity question than anything.

And, all I have to say is, Backup Quiver adept 3 ftw (I've never seen a master on my server)
  2. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

Sometimes i go through 2 quivers with 20 slots of arrows! which is almost 4 k of arrows! This is in maybe 5 hours or so of constant killing to get coin for upgrades or just raids or anything! Also this was while i was still summoning arrows and replacing those into the active quiver etc while i was running low so might even be a lot more then 4 k in the end!
    I dont go out harvesting to refill tho i just buy the cheap arrows and fill a quiver with it while i do my refills!
    Anyways its common yer a ranger ya use yer bow ya use yer arrows dont sweat it!
  3. ARCHIVED-Demlar Guest

yes, that's typical, especially at 55+. I use a 20 slot quiver and a 28 slot box I keep full of arrows, or try to. Especially on raids I'll go through that fast. During raids, every 10 minutes i'm hitting my backup quiver ad3 skill to try and keep from running out of arrows, plus using Arrow Rip whenever a mob is close enough.
    I've seen a master 1 of backup quiver for sale on my server, but they want like 7-9pp for it, and it's not worth that much imo.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

I use 2 x 20 slot quivers (1 loaded, the other to summon new arrows onto) and after last nite I'm thinking of buying another quiver. I also keep a 28 slot box in the bank loaded with raid-ready crafted arrows.
    As for the Master 1 of Backup Quiver going for 7-9 pp... if I'd seent it for sale, I would have bought it (but blew most of my money on a lot of Adept 3's).
  5. ARCHIVED-brandi7920 Guest

I usually go through 1500 arrows easy whilst adventuring in the evenings on non-raid nights. Now on the weekends, I do alot of heavy raiding...meaning upwards 5-8 hours of solid raiding. Yesterday we raided for almost 9 hours and I burned through over 6000 arrows. OMG - tytytytyty for Master 1 Backup Quiver!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Sean_Eisman Guest

I would have figured that every Ranger was choosing Backup Quiver as their Master2 spell at 54. 65 Arrows a pop certainly helps cut down the time needed to produce the 1-2k arrows we use on the average outing with guild-mates.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ail Guest

Salvaged arrow master 2 does it for me.
    It only summons feyiron arrows but that is more than enough and allowed me to take a more usefull spell at 54 :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

I can pretty much buy arrows anywhere, and if I prepare right I wont ever go out of arrows (must... press... that... button...), and I'm pretty sure i'll eventually get a Master 1 Backup Quiver (only Adept 3 now), but I know I wont have a chance to get a Master 2 Stealthy Fire... and boy, do I love that damage.
  9. ARCHIVED-coltlane Guest

I was thinking about this yesterday.

Soloing I use 60 arrows every 10 min.
    Grouping is higher.
    Raiding has been MUCH lower. Most raids I leave with more arrows then I started with.

As for total arrows I have,
    2x28 slot boxes full on me
    1x28 box full in the bank
    1x20 quiver full

I was shocked when annother ranger mentioned he was ready to group since he had 2000 arrows... (Although I later learned the same guy doesn't use poisons.)
  10. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

I usually carry something like 5940 arrows on me (3 quivers x 20 slots x 99 arrows).

Its usually enough if I keep spamming my Backup Quiver (Adept 3) whenever its up (except on certain raids or totally fabulous groups).

For me that will depend alot on the tank I have on my group... if he isnt able to take aggro and keep it, I have to control my damage output somehow... and that can come from going into Defensive Stance and/or removing poisons (better than constantly having mobs trying to chew my tooshie... at least till we find a decent tank).