Your Name Picks for Time-Locked Expansion Servers

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Jul 2, 2015.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Then it's about time they fixed the polls/mails so that the first character to log into any account is the only character to receive the mail and therefore vote. I know they won't though ;)
    GrunEQ and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

No matter what Daybreak does, someone on this forum will hate it.
    Spindle, Kittybock, GrunEQ and 4 others like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I think Deathtoll is a really great name for a PvP server.

Stormhold - it's ok. It's just a name, after all.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, Stormhold is cool, even for reminiscing; the ultimate reminisce would've been Isle of Refuge, but this works too. ;->

Uwk
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

It's a great zone )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I have mixed memories of Stormhold. Especially the Scions.....
  7. Ahupu Well-Known Member

3) is the only one they answered and that answer is no veteran bonus will not apply. Everyone is to start out on level footing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Slant Well-Known Member

It bothers me more than I like to admit seeing all these people that say I loath PvP but I voted this or that. If you play on both server types cool. But it seems pretty uncool to influence a server that you never plan to play on. I know I deleted both PvE polls.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to have only one vote per account count, as it were. ;->

Uwk
  10. Mori New Member

Sounds an awful lot like WOW's Stormwind to me
  11. Maldaris Active Member

I don't remember what the choices for the PVP server were - I haven't played on a PVP server since they removed Venekor, and I'm not going to start up again. I didn't vote on it, as I'll never be a denizen, thus the name never really concerned me.

As for PVE, Stormhold is a logical choice. I voted 'Isle of Refuge', but it's a given that a large portion of the people playing these days never had the awesomeness that experiencing the Isle was (in any iteration), and thus really couldn't be expected to understand the meaning. And some of us old-timers may have honestly thought that Stormhold was the better choice - and really, Stormhold is a uniquely EQ2 experience (though, yes, so was the Isle), so while it was not my first choice, I am not disappointed in the least. It's a good name for the server. Since I tend to advance in levels at a pace that can only be described as 'glacial', it could be argued that such a server suits my temperament quite nicely. ;)
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I loathe PvP, have no intention of going near the PvP server, and deleted the poll for PvP. I still think Deathtoll is a really great name for a PvP server, though.
  13. Minibang New Member

Sounds to me like you are on a wrong forums for a wrong game.
  14. Minibang New Member

I voted 'Isle of Refuge',
    You guys need to give it a rest with Isle it was not that great. Most people who played during that time could not wait to leave it or completely skipped it. All of you just hanging on to the idea of a place just because you cant go back there anymore. I think both name are very fitting for both servers. And meaning behind this name for this server or for this starting area is a big emotional state blah blah blah you are all adults get grip stop crying. Just be happy they are taking time to actually do this for EQ2 community.
  15. Xeos Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Deathtoll for PVP awesome!
  16. Grey Lightning New Member

Stormhold is perfect name, it is a dungeon that most of us do early and completely enjoy. After all, hard to be over equipped and over powered by level 20. Of course I have sometimes seen level 40+ char in there, I have no idea why, but i'll bet they are the same players who always complain about lack of challenge in the game. As for PvP .... I couldn't care less. I tried PvP once.... made a beastmaster on a friends advice..... was asked to join a guild within the first half hour, so I did. When I checked the guild roster almost all the members were beastmasters....... what fun is that, e1 being the same, same equip, same everything. decided that PvP was not for me.
  17. Xeos Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Marc Singer asks that you please drink responsibly
    Katz likes this.
  18. Maldaris Active Member

What? I haven't seen hardly anything in the way of complaints, just people describing what motivated them to vote the way they did. People here know that the decision's been made, Stormhold won, and that complaining does no good. Honestly, now - stop berating others for something they didn't do.
  19. Glads Member

Deathtoll is a awesome name for pvp server im glad you all agree with me and picked it in the poll's :)
    stormhold is a good name for pve server makes a change having 2 new servers called after instance's rather than dragons
  20. Xeos Well-Known Member

Glads... now that is a name I haven't seen in a while. Coming back on the Paladin?