Your Input Is Requested In Our PlanetSide Survey

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    In 2003, SOE released PlanetSide, a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter game where thousands of players fight a futuristic war, engaging their enemies in large-scale battles and tactical base assaults.
    As you may have heard, we're planning to expand the PlanetSide universe with another game and we need your help with the design. After all, who knows games better than you, our customers, the people who actually play! Don’t worry about the original PlanetSide, it isn’t going anywhere. We want to hear your opinion and to do so we have put together a short survey.
    Read more!
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Since I've never played Planetside I can't really answer the survey other then Neutral.

Go MMRPG route :) Toss in the Jal'Raeth as a mysterious race that guards the Part of the Galaxy with Norrath in it. ;P
  3. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

Moar B3astlordz.
    Honestly, I really don't see the wisdom in asking a bunch of nutcases like us Eq2 folks about another game, but I'm sure someone out there will bite.
  4. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

I play both here as its nice to jump into it for a break now and then, and if you have a station access account then you have no excuse to not try the game out if you like any sort of FPS shooter, like all the online shooters I've played sometimes it feels sort of quiet with sporadic action.
    Other times it rises above them all and just heats up and feels like something out of a Sci-fi movie, missiles screaming overhead, jets swooping down or high level bombing, flak or rockets replying, and laser, small arms and shell fire exchanged all around when you assault a base along with a mass of vehicles and BFRs battling it out supported by infantry.
    Its times like that it really does come alive, I've heard of a lot of games say "we have massive PVP", so far none of them have gotten close to that for me. There's a lot they can improve for sure, a better FPS shooter at the heart of it for starters, and of course adding Frogloks would be the logical choice
    As you can guess I'm pretty excited here to see what they can come up with.
  5. ARCHIVED-Argyuile Guest

Just filled out the Survey.

I loved planetside. It was the most fun I every had in an FPS (until BFR's where added).

Strengths.

1) Absolutely huge battles complete with Combined arms of Infantry, Tanks, Air and Artillery. (A lot of the same stuff the poster above was talking about)
    2) A leveling system for your character which gave you more flexibility but still allowed someone brand new to not be hindered.
    3) Lag free for the most part (essential in any FPS)

Weakness.

1) Balance issues, on release VS where far and away the weakest faction, when I stopped playing they where far and away the strongest.
    2) BFR's a good idea poorly implemented.
    3) Bugs that never got fixed (the Vanu lasher could hit through walls making a defended VS base all but impossible to take)

I am absolutely ecstatic that SoE is revisiting this game. I had hopes that Huxley would be my Planetside replacement but that isn't going to be the case.
  6. ARCHIVED-Foolsfolly Guest

Gave my feedback a few days ago when I got the email.
    I know it's still 2-3 years away, but I can't wait for Planetside 2!
    I love almost everything about Planetside1. There is still lots of untapped potential in the MMO FPS genre that needs to be explored.
  7. ARCHIVED-Zaldor Guest

I have played EQ/2 for nearly ten years now. However, some of my fondest moments in my MMO experience have taken place in Planetside. One of the few games my wife really liked to play. I say "liked" because BFRs pretty much killed the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Argyuile Guest

Zaldor wrote:
    Make no mistake, BFR more than anything else killed Planetside. If there was a no BFR server I would play again.