Your Ideal Group Setup...

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ibixat, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ibixat Guest

I think so far my favorite group setup has been...
    Conjuror (Proccy proc)
    Coercer (74 dps, Group Int Buff)
    Fury (Agittate, Vim, Group Int Buff)
    Inquis (28?(not sure is it 28 or 26) dps buff, the procy thing)
    Ranger (sharp pointy sticks on a stick from a bow, or white energy balls as the case may be)
    Paladin (Proc again, and well dind't really have much else in raid to slap into the spot, and he got the group since it had 2 priests in case he had to pick something up)

I could be insane but it made me a very happy ranger

How do you like your groups to get setup?
  2. ARCHIVED-schlamo Guest

Yeah that does sound idealish but not very realistic unless your raid-leader is veeery supportive of ranger dps hehe - only one scout in group with a coercer and inquis is wasting quite a lot of dps i think

Im usually happy if i get the coercer and inquis and then 3 last spots are filled up with whatever melle dps
  3. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

My ideal group and realistic group is something like this.

We usually only have one coercer and one illusionist on at a time. The coercer is in the main tank group and sometimes I get the illusionist. Here is the group.

Bruiser - DPS buff
    Inquisitor - DPS Buff
    Brigand
    Swashie
    Ranger - Me
    Illusionist - haste buff

If our brigand is not on, a conjurer or necro goes there.
    Message Edited by bentgate on 10-13-2006 06:27 AM
    Message Edited by bentgate on 10-13-2006 06:28 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

Ranger
    Ranger
    Ranger
    Ranger
    Ranger
    Bard (just to shake things up - but a Ranger will do in a pinch)
  5. ARCHIVED-RinionX Guest

if thats for a raid setup your insane. no way a group would look like that. all thsoe classes soley enhance YOU the ranger. wel lthe power regen from coercer is benficial to the conj and fury.
    BUT at the very least. trade the fury for another dps scout prefurable a 2nd ranger or a rogue. Why? Because there is no way i hell you should NEED agitate dont paladins increase STR with there group buff? and why would you need the dps MELEE only proc form agitate as a ranger when 60% of your attacks are from your bow.
    So now you have 2 scouts with procs from paladin and conj and 100% dps from the inquis/coercer where those 2 classes have 0% innatly (why i didnt say assassins.they have 66% by themselves) also if the paladin is not tanking at all it would be more beneficial to not give him dps from the inquis and put up the group Divine damage proc instead, then both scuts have an Additional damage proc and deal mroe dps as a result.
  6. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

He DID say group :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Anwylyd Guest

Try this (i've actually had this setup in a raid, topped parse every fight, not a bad grp situation either if you ask me, as long as the SK not mt, no offense sk's but I've only met one of you that could hold agro)
    Ranger <- me obviously
    Coercer <- switch for illusionist would have been even better :)
    Inquiz
    Dirge
    Zerker
    SK
    Also: having the stacking power regen allows for hemotoxin instead of mental breach, then have tugor, and your choice of debuffs, I usually have the str debuff
    Message Edited by Anwylyd on 10-13-2006 10:53 AM
    Message Edited by Anwylyd on 10-13-2006 11:00 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-TerriBlades Guest

While not a bad group, I'd rather see another scout/mage in this group in exchange for the SK.
    When EoF comes out, and the cap is raised, Zerkers are going to be in high demand.
  9. ARCHIVED-menelaus109 Guest

Quizzy here

Just thought id mention that most of us toggle Fanaticism on as much as possible which adds 55% Haste, 77 Int and slightly lowers recast timers
  10. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Why on earth would you want an Illusionist in your group. Unless you're looking to waste buffs it is just dumb. The number one most important class a ranger can be grouped with is a Coercer. After that there are many different ways you can go. One of the simplest is Coercer + Inquistor. With those two classes along you have capped DPS and capped Haste when the Inquisitor has Fanatasism up. The Inquisitor also has a group proc buff that proc's off ranged attacks for 300-350 and crits for 600-700. Fill in the group with whatever else you have.

Another way to go would be Coercer + Fury. The Fury can boost your Int very well to increase poison and other procs. You do loose out on the capped Haste unless you pull in another class like a Monk. And any Fury that wastes Agitate on a ranger should be taken out and [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] slapped.

This will all change after EoF comes out and they raise the caps to 200%. Depending on how they do the curve it could still stay the same.

FYI - The Pally's group buff proc is alot better then the SK group buff proc. Pally's is straight damage and doubles up on undead mobs. While the SK's is a life tap that does half the damage and the heal is minimal and usually a waste. Both do proc on ranged so take what you can get.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

A ranger and 5 classes with resurrection ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Conjuror- Proc
    SK- Proc, Deathmarch
    Coercer- DPS, INT, Agi, Regen
    Troub- Haste, Casting timer reduce, crit increases, jester's cap, regen
    Inquisitor- DPS, Proc, Fanatacism
    Ranger- Me.

This is also a realistic group if the troub is available, troub to up SK/Conjuror/Coercer DPS. Coercer for Ranger, SK, troub DPS, plus SK hate (every SK secondary tank i've seen has been HIGHLY reliable). Inquisitor for heals, also DPS for SK, troub, Ranger.. and Fanatacism is good for everyone..

Good SKs can carry zone averages over 1k, just as a good DPSing pally can. Their HP drain ward is also a kick when off tanking, lightens up heals. The conjuror provides mitigation to the SK as well, and as previously explained will gain the proc and deaggro from the troub.

Although, as a secondary tank a swash might be in this group, rather than a ranger.. if the swash isn't with MT.

But it's my little dream.
    Message Edited by xMiLoSiSx on 10-13-2006 06:16 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Ibixat Guest

yeah I didn't say ideal raid group setup, I was talking the "group" where I get to be king type of group setup... On a raid we often actually get close to that setup just no inquis, have a scout in their place, but when not on a raid and focusing on just being a group, I enjoy the setup I listed.
  14. ARCHIVED-xMiLoSiSx Guest

Mine works for regular groups, too!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Not sure about the troub and the coercer together. The troub can use jesters cap across the raid, and well there are far more classes who need a aggro reducer than a ranger.

I'd go with:

Coercer (dps mod)
    INQ (fanatiscm)
    Ranger
    Conj (proc)
    Zerker (str buff and berserk)
    Wizard (Proc and str buff)

That seems like a nicely balanced group, maybe switch out the Wizzy for another melee class.
  16. ARCHIVED-Naku9 Guest

hmmmm

ranger
    dirge - 200-300 12% proc off range is nice with spell crits, plus additional 7.5 % to crit, CoB is nice to when you melee!
    fury- vim vim vim vim vim vim vim vim vim, with a side of agitate and decent melee procs if you so choose to use them!
    conj- flameseed!
    coercer- to cap dps with the dirge! can give a 23% deaggro to a single person or something might be AAs idk ( not sure how that spell works)
    sk- has another proc off ranged, and deathmarch can be pretty fun to play with!
  17. ARCHIVED-Vaylan77 Guest

my ideal group for pvp would be:
    sk
    brigand
    dirge
    warden
    defiler
    warlock
  18. ARCHIVED-pinkchicky Guest

Coah is #1, best player ever !