Your favorite sound in Eq2 ?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Skazi, Jan 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

The thump of an exquisite chest dropping off a solo mob in T8.
    Gnome flirt emote - "Wanna talk equipMENT?"
    Ogre flirt emote - "How YOU doin'?"
    The sound of my high elf apparently grunting "Jesus" when he is hit in combat.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

The "WHEEEEEEE" that Fae females make when cheering sends me into fits of giggles sometimes (particularly since a couple of male guildmates play female fae & I keep picturing THEM doing it instead of their characters).
  3. ARCHIVED-SkuaII Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    haha yeah

the chest dropping :D

but i love the sound of plane shift casting , sounds like INCOMING AWESOME DMG !!!!

the worst sound?

the rock pet , i mean the FIRE rock pet....running ._. /sigh
  4. ARCHIVED-Mercuratrayin Guest

I always liked the sound of the wind whistling atop the dunes in Sinking Sands. The sands had some of the best ambient noise background tracks. But the wind whipping by is my top.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mercuratrayin Guest

Silly quick reply, no Signature. :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

honestly the sound of leveling up or getting an achievement point.
  7. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

All the ambient sounds in Unrest.
  8. ARCHIVED-DragonBuster Guest

Have to say if we are counting music then the music in Lesser Faydark is by far my favourite. Least favourite is Thundering Steppes I spent so much time there leveling it drove me insane that ans Stormhold too!
  9. ARCHIVED-Targ Guest

I love that Whoosh sound when the Guild levels.
  10. ARCHIVED-readili Guest

I kinda like the female iksar combat sounds...sounds like shes saying "Suck!" But what really makes me laugh is the half-elf male emote saying "I need some foo(d)!" or "I'm confu(used)!" I don't know why he never finishes pronouncing the word.
  11. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Female Fae pain cry on the Heal Me emote...
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Chayna wrote:
    Pervert!
  13. ARCHIVED-Kursa Guest

the ambient sounds of the Graveyard in Freeport. Nicely done....especially when the female voice starts singing the requiem
  14. ARCHIVED-DaFriar Guest

I'd have to say the goblins voices.. not to mention 1-900-Number breathing :D
  15. ARCHIVED-foxspirit Guest

I have a few...

I like the sounds that the crafting tables make. Specifically the loom and stove. Its relaxing for some reason.

I like all the ringing sounds my spells make on my Bard. And the lute music three of my buffs play.

I like that speed buff you get while crafting sometimes.

And while its not a sound, I love the stealth animation of Assassins.

DaFriar wrote:

"I'd have to say the goblins voices.. not to mention 1-900-Number breathing"

lmao... yes, the mouth-breathing goblins crack me up.
  16. ARCHIVED-Melodee Guest

1) The loading music as I get into the game to feed my addiction and be with my wonderful friends
    2) The music in GFay. When we found the midi pre-release, I used to listen to it while reading because it is so relaxing, and just enough like the original to bring back the fond memories of my half-elf druid on EQ1
    3) The laughing of the skellies becaue it's exactly like the ones from EQ1
    4) The male fae flirt. "Like my wings? Wanna touch them?"
    5) The music from Thundering Steppes. I really didn't care much for the zone itself, but the music is awesome
  17. ARCHIVED-Ciara52 Guest

For area music I love TS, Maj Dul, and Lesser Faydark.
    My Fae Warlocks noises when she is attacked and sadly when she dies lol Poor dear :(

And those skeletons oh my gosh that cackle just makes me laugh and laugh.
    Grove essences, slurpy, slippery blobs and globs.
    Timorous deep :) love the starter area for ambience and sounds
  18. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

Favorite zone music - Blackburrow

Favorite NPC comment - the gnolls in Desert of Flames...

"No fair! It was MY turn to hit you!"

- Katsi
  19. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Not including music (or we'd be here all day) my favorite sound is the sound my water pet makes casting of of his buffs or heals or something.. Very neat sounding.
  20. ARCHIVED-Chulanowa Guest

The halfling female growl. "Guh-rrrrrrr-uh!" cracks me up every time. Sounds like a ferocious Pomeranian or something.

And there's something satisfying about the crunch of beating a skeleton or a chest falling from the sky.

Cannot stand the canine / gnoll sounds though. Yar yar. whee. Yar yar. Whee. Yar yar.