"Your debt was reduced by 20054 XP"

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by jA_Phaelluin, Oct 14, 2017.

1. jA_Phaelluin New Member

When I looged into today (Season 14 Sorceror Erudite), and got this message:
    "Your debt was reduced by 20054 XP"

What does this mean? What debt?
  2. Korucuu Well-Known Member

This will relate to experience debt that your character has gained from dying. This 'debt' reduces over time, hence the message you received when logging in.
  3. Noctew Active Member

In EQ2, when your character dies, it gains experience debt. A character with any debt gains experience more slowly. Debt is reduced by gaining experience or by time passing - even when you are logged out. So when you log a character in which had debt when you logged out, the game calculated how much debt it should have lost while you were logged out and displays that number.

Experience debt used to be a much more important part of the game in the past; when running dangerous zones you often never got out of debt. In the very earliest days, you even got debt when a member of your group died until players refused to run pickup groups, or kicked players out of the group after an unfortunate wipe. Now, it is not shared and much reduced.
  4. jA_Phaelluin New Member

Thank you. I figured as much. I've this character since Launch. I don't ever recall dying very recently. Because it was ans still is the one thing I HATED about EQ. XP lost after death. I have a Erudite Cleric on EQ1 (since 2003) that is 29, and I HATED when I got to 30, I fell off that elevator platform in the library in the Plane Of Knowledge and LOST all that experience after I just got to level 30!.

Neverwinter Nights death sickness is way better than losing hard earned experience.

Oh, well...thanks