Your Chaining Attacks

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Dandelize, Jul 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dandelize Guest

I'm trying to find the best dps chain of attacks I can do on raids.

ATM I do the same attack orders every raid, every day.
    This is my Chain of attacks:

1. Lunging Mongoose (If non named Epic, I usually start on a add)
    2. Icy Talon
    3. Silent Fist
    4. Flying Dragon
    5. Freezing Palm
    6. Diving Phoenix
    7. So`li's Spitting Cobra
    8. Charging Tiger
    9. Biting Mantis
    10. Waking Dragon.
    11. *Manastone*
    12. Diving Phoenix
    13. Waking Dragon
    14. Biting Mantis
    15 *Mage Splinter*
    16. Back to 1)

-No HO's. (Currently)
    -Ae's just dont seem to help me out. (Sometimes I AE on the pull, but only on easy fights I know I wont be face down on)

What is the chain of attacks you use? (This could be raid, non raid, I'd figure your high damage, is high damage)
  2. ARCHIVED-Jenjer Guest

Dandelize wrote:

I'm trying to find the best dps chain of attacks I can do on raids.

1. Lunging Mongoose (If non named Epic, I usually start on a add)
    2. Icy Talon
    3. Silent Fist
    4. Flying Dragon <- Should be 3rd since its the 3rd highest damage art you have or 2nd on raid mobs
    5. Freezing Palm
    6. Diving Phoenix
    7. So`li's Spitting Cobra <- If the DOT stacks with Flying Dragon, should be one of the first three.
    8. Charging Tiger
    9. Biting Mantis <- Cast before Diving Pheonix since it does more damage and has longer recycle timer.
    10. Waking Dragon. <- Might lower your DPS if yoru autoattack dps if high enough
    11. *Manastone*
    12. Diving Phoenix
    13. Waking Dragon <- Should cast this after the first Waking Dragon Dot is completed (around 30-seconds later)
    14. Biting Mantis
    15 *Mage Splinter* <- ??
    16. Back to 1)

-Jenjer
  3. ARCHIVED-Ai064 Guest

I have a slightly different order on my attacks, but I don't plan quite as far ahead as you do. My muscle memory doesn't go that far! lol.

1. Charging Tiger (hoping for a quick stun)
    2. Icy Talon (backup stun in case the first one misses)
    3. Lunging Mongoose
    4. Freezing Palm
    5. Biting Mantis
    6. Pretty much ffa until Charging Tiger refreshes, then start at the beginning. I manastone whenever I can usually.
  4. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

If you make the assumption that CAs yield more damage than your auto-attack (not necessarily always true), then you would be looking to endlessly be using CAs with only a second between them (so you still land a couple auto-attack hits between). With that in mind, the best "chain" I found is pretty hard to sustain...

1) You might get hate
    2) You'd need mages on top of giving dark hearts/slivers to keep your power up

But, here goes:

Diving Phoenix
    Biting Mantis
    Rapid Swings
    Waking Dragon
    Flying Dragon
    Icy Talon
    Diving Phoenix
    Biting Mantis
    Charging Tiger
    Waking Dragon
    Silent Fist
    Freezing Palm
    Diving Phoenix
    Biting Mantis
    Spitting Cobra
    Waking Dragon
    Manastone/Sliver
    Rapid Swings
    Diving Phoenix
    Flying Dragon
    Icy Talon
    Biting Mantis
    Waking Dragon
    Charging Tiger
    Diving Phoenix
    Silent Fist
    Freezing Palm
    Biting Mantis
    Waking Dragon

Start over - This takes about 62s to execute.

Waking Dragon is weak, like Jenjer said. I'd remove it to save some power myself.

Message Edited by stfields on 07-21-2005 08:13 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

It depends on how patient I'm feeling :) If I feel the need to minimize the damage I take, this is what I do:

I lead off with Silent Fist, then use mantis/dragon. When SF has about 15s left, I use Lu'Sun's Stifle, Mantis, then do Icy/Mongoose/the 4.5s grey stun, and Lu'Sun's is up again, then immediately SF is up again too. Repeat. Especially when hasted, most of the other skills drop my DPS, so I don't use em. If my timing is right, the mob only spends a few seconds per minute where they aren't stunned or stifled. Assuming I don't miss of course :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

In the order here normally, unless I can't use mongoose then I wait and do rapid at the end. Works for me:
    [IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

mz job on raids is not to do dps, but to stifle. So I usually start with silent fist, then talon, flying dragon, then completing any ho currently active. In between, i toss biting mantis, waking dragon and cobra
  8. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

I try to hold on to talon and my other stuns until SF has worn off. I've heard a rumor that Icy's stun doesn't work on raid mobs but until I see that triple confirmed I'll just do it this way and be happy :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

You could setup a macro for the solo fighter HO, it's nearly free damage.

Line 1: /useability fighting chance
    Line 2: /useability wild swing

Instead of wild swing use the lvl 43 monk CA, ie. for Bruisers it's Pummel but I can't find/remember what the similar monk CA is called.

You can then manually follow up with Taunt unless the chain doesn't start. I use "Taunt" the first single target taunt CA fighters gets to minimize the amount of hate caused.
  10. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

You can actually put /useability taunt in there as a third line. Because the HO starter is insta-cast, it will work out just fine. :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Yeah, but, seeing as the "wild swing" doesn't always land, I personally don't want to end up having taunt going off for no reason, or if someone else casts a skill while the fighter HO wheel is active I don't want to cause unnessesary hatred increase to me. :)
  12. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

It will always land, as long as you aren't stunned, stifled, are waiting out the 0.5s recovery time from a skill, and don't currently have a style queued. I've been using this macro for a long time and have gotten used to the quirks, though I still forget sometimes in the middle of a tough fight :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Ribbitz Guest

He's refering to the possiblity of your wild swing being riposted, blocked, dodged, parried, etc as well as the possibility of someone else continueing the chain.

Read as:
    *Healer begins to cast heal*
    -You Fighting Chance
    -You Begin to cast Wild Swing
    *Healer completes heal*
    -You Taunt... but its not your solo HO wheel anymore. Woops, wasted hate increase.

Obviously with five other people spamming CA's theres alot of CA's that could be going on without you realizing theyre charging that could interrupt you when you initiate the macro. Not to mention the near-instant and instant CA's which are notorious for screwing up an HO. Instant heals come to mind here.

So, I'm with the other guy in the sense that I prefer to fire off my taunt manually due to the two possibilities of Wild Swing and its counterparts missing or the HO being interrupted and continued by another class.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

Exactly. :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-bonesbro Guest

Ah, very true, I hadn't considered that :)
    I've been doing most of my fighting lately with my Bruiser, and their Blitz attack (a Focused Strike upgrade) is a guaranteed hit, so I guess it's been working better for me than it would for a Monk.