Your biggest soloing efforts

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-zaboron, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Salarionn Guest

I love this , NERF THEM GUARDIANS THOUGH !!!!!!! I couldnt duo this full fabled or not . THANKS FOR showing us just how bad off the leather class have it in KoS !!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

:D

Say bye-bye to your extra deflection with Martial Order line post LU21 now :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Raage Guest

Oh well...at least I tried :smileywink:
  4. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Makes me sick. Anybody that thinks this is acceptable has a screw loose.
  5. ARCHIVED-JudyJudy Guest

What else do they have planned for the monk?
  6. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

What makes me sick is guardians with higher mitigation and avoidance can't do it.
  7. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Coming soon to a server near you... :(

No matter how much they & fanboi's deny that PVP really affects future of classes and this is just the beginning... Many games has fallen because of PVP balance, no matter what they say about PVP stats will not be effecting PVE balances.

Message Edited by selch on 03-23-200610:07 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-uzhiel feathered serpent Guest

So sad...actually [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sad. Ive been arguing for you guys to get boosts for over a year. In your boards, my boards, and guard boards, some of us had been arguing for you guys to get a tanking boost and I see this crap. I cant believe one of you actually had the balls to post an SS of soloing a lvl 71^^^ named.
    then someone says its ok? and then someone says shh? Hmn...wait till this thread gets crosslinked, because I remember some monks who were posting SS of guards with 80% mit and 80% avoidance and complaining how "unfair" it was.
    Pot meet Kettle.
    Real nice. I dont think I will bother to read another tanking is unbalanced post from another monk until I start seeing monks "balanced" against other tanks. So you guys want a tanking boost, eh? but want to keep your ability to solo named heroics ^^^ one lvl above you hush hush?
    because the first response wasnt, " thats not intended" "or "yeah, thats a little skewed".
    The first response was shhh. Nice.
  9. ARCHIVED-Raage Guest

I don't s'pose we can get the:
    "Thread locked at request of original poster" before this blows up anymore?
  10. ARCHIVED-Galn Guest

I duo my monk with a guardian all the time, and it is very obvious the differences in the design of our classes, we have similar quality equipment and I tend to take the dps role when we duo because she can take the hits better than I can. I'm better in solo encounters but pput us both in a group of a few solo mobs and the guardian will shine. Soloing a ^^^ heroic is a combination of all aspects, you need to keep the mob from attacking you, and/or avoid/mitigate the damage when they do get a chance to attack. Monks are not the only class thats capable of killing Yellow or higher ^^^ heroics. I've heard of Bruisers, Warlocks, Wizards, Conjurers, Necromancers and a few other classes being able to do so.... but here's the catch... "With the right equipment, skills and tactics." I dont expect any character in common handcrafter with adept I skills to be able to do this, but a fabled/master+ character can do some amazing things. I agree with the previous posted about that MG and BG said... Its not usually a good way to exp or gain loot only killing heroics.
  11. ARCHIVED-lillin Guest

This post will be linked in every class discussion asking for more of this or that stat cuase look, the monks can do it so why cant we .........
    Grats on the kill but for future referance when the forums are lit up almost daily with " what class is the uberest and why they need nerfs ", these post tend to become the cult favorite for nerf callers.
  12. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

I dont know whats all the fuss about.
    as you can see from the buff icons on the mob, it is a guardian type mob. they are a weak joke to kill. everybody in good gear and tactics could do that.
  13. ARCHIVED-ZoriouzBlaze Guest

So you killed that named with only 7200 hp? Thats prety good, potions, mend and Tsunami?
  14. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

it is a guardian type mob. they are a weak joke to kill
    Hahaha even the guard mobs are unbalanced and here you have it out of a monks mouth
    LOL youare quality keep posting the ammo please :)
  15. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

well, perhaps you remember that mobs dont have any mitigation any more. so whats left of a guardian without mitigation?
  16. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

hmmm the mob isnt a guardian so your question is a moot point it has serveral guardian abities one of which we get at about level 15 or so ........so not its not a guard its a level 71^^^ HEROIC named that you solo'ed and not only shouldnt you be able to you have the front to make a post screenshotting your achievment and then say ohh its just a guardian there weak as hell
    Well im gonner carry on singing from the rooftops about this like gaige did........ mr eq2 ever whine im after your title and ill keep singing until Brawlers Fighting skills are in line with all other fighters ..i belive thats a nerf or all other fighters are brought upto bralwer levels of dps and solo play
    Have a nice day and welcome to TheEasternking the Gaige of the guardian world.
    Message Edited by TheEasternKing on 03-23-200601:08 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

You've got a long way ahead of you until you are the Gaige of the guardian world. Gaige can write properly.
  18. ARCHIVED-JudyJudy Guest

No offense mate, but I got a good laugh out of this.
    Why not call this "Vanilla-Quest"?
    Oh, and by the way... We did get a huge solo nerf. Our combat group avoidance buff, as I'm sure you know, cannot be used solo anymore. This will cost the monk solo'ist 10+ deflection, which is the most important aspect in determining our avoidance.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

How old are you? estrnking
    Because at the moment you are acting infantile.
    Not saying anyone does or doesnt need a nerf. But some heroics are not really heroic and some seem to be overpowered. This mob especially is not a hard heroic. And with the right gear/items i am sure even a guard can solo him. Right now guards have gotten a decent dps boost since lu21. Your mitgation is fairly close to 70-80% self buffed (in fabled t7 gear) and you are hitting 50-60%+ avodiance self buffed. Pick up a few regen potions and those bandaids from tenebrous tangle quest, use a t7 slow and mitgation doll (easy to do now that guards cna pull w slow, root back up and cast the other doll, then fight down the mob. Heck a gaurd cna use the 2 hand staffw heal proc and have a easier time. (with a decent buff from the ring of fate they shoudl have no problem as well)
    this mob is all hp's and no damage. why don't the guards blow more smoke around and try to cover up those 80%avoid/80% mitgation pics. Because fact is guards are not **** anymore niether is any fighter class (minus shadowknights possibly). And the only issue i have at the moment in fighters is the craptastic brawler gear compared to plate gear (for tanking, crap procs, little or no (+mitigation, +parry) and the sadest part is the queens carapace has more mtigation then either the relic tunic(class tunic) or the HoF quest tunic ). The lack of a mitigation AA for crusaders and brawlers. and the bruiser offensive stance should have the damage amount raised again (it actually does less damage then our mid-stance)
  20. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Once upon a time a ranger was foolish enough to post something similar to this. I think you know how that story turned out. Hope you guys to run into a similar fate as what came to pass to the foolish ranger poster. You need to take lessons from the caster types that can do this and deny deny deny it. Then make lots of claims about the risk vs the reward being to great and other crap like that.
    Good luck in avoiding the nerf bat swings from the other classes. I have a bad feeling your going to need it.

PS - People are already starting to link this thread.