Your biggest soloing efforts

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-zaboron, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

Just killed Skylord Stormclaw, a lvl 71 ^^^ Heroic Named within the Palace of Awakened (Part of the Claymore Quest).
    Very hard fight, had to use all the tricks and potions i got :)

[IMG]

I also tried the dragons in PoA, can clear the room and pop them, but they hit me on inc, so its an unfair fight :( can probably kill them duoing with a bruiser, though.

What else did you kill in this expansion so far? Anyone tried the Skywatcher ring event?
  2. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

BIG TIP ... shhhhhh
  3. ARCHIVED-Tamo Guest

I have to agree on the shhhh part:smileyvery-happy:
  4. ARCHIVED-waldazie Guest

Gawd!!!! We are so over-powered....we should be nerfed!!
  5. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

Yea and thats what everyone will start saying if this post is added to , i would recommend removing the post BTW , but grats on the acheivement its [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] fine
  6. ARCHIVED--UGG-Andy Guest

nicely done,i can just about manage a lvl60^^^ non named.:smileyindifferent:
  7. ARCHIVED-Raage Guest

uh-ohhh...Let the games begin...

...perhaps if we all ignore this thread it will just go away...

Starting....now
  8. ARCHIVED-zaboron Guest

well monk is supposed to be a very good solo class so there is nothing wrong here.
  9. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

Solo Class yes but named NO NO NO NO DONT POST IT !!!!!!!
  10. ARCHIVED-DynamicPerformance Guest

So a monk, with ALL master spells and fabled gear can't take out an even(almost) heroic QUEST mob???

I've figured out something about ANY quest mob, they are WEAK compared to a named of that same level. If she was level 65, and wasn't linking(for us) a master 1 spell. And i didn't suspect she had all fabled too, I'd be concerned.

But i'm not. I think any class, with fully fabled and full masters should be able to take on a mob like this. Its all in the STRAT. I have a level 53 dirge. Full masters, about 50% fabled and I can solo heroics that are yellow to me(note: certain mob types have weaknesses that you can use to your advantage). Snaring and nuking is one way, making sure you have some good potions and are drinking/eating well is another.

Congratz on taking the big bird down. If I hadn't moved to PVP i'd probably be grinding up to take him out right now :)

Dynamicman out...

NOTE: not saying all classes solo equal, that dirges need to be nerfed etc... All classes have their advantages and all mobs their weaknesses and you need to use those weaknesses. EX. there are several scrolls in RoV that give tips on what the mobs in Varsoon's sanctum are weak against. Like fire and such.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ashengur Guest

I've figured out something about ANY quest mob, they are WEAK compared to a named of that same level.

Young Dragon, Scroll Bearer, that dragon for BCG in bonemire.

All quest mobs, and all severe undercons.
  12. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

Nope they arnt supposed to be , and carry on posting and i guarente u wont be able to when they nurf them ... Heroics are not meant to be soloable end of story regardless how weak they are they are still yellow ^^^'s
  13. ARCHIVED-PantherXX Guest

That's not entirely true. MG or BG has said that soloing heroics will be possible in some instances, with good setups, but that it would not be a very effective way to xp or get lots of loot. Solo mobs are designed to provide better xp over time than soloing heroic mobs. i.e. at the end of this fight, she was in no condition to pull another mob and she needed to use a number of limited abilities and potions in order to do it. Soloing heroics is not supposed to be impossible, just impractical for any extended period and a very inefficient use of power and time.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cyngii Guest

Grats on the kill... I'm not too worried about the nerf bat either... If any monk could run up and kill a level 71 named at level 70 then yes I would follow the shhhh line of comments, but I would say most monks can't. This however is true for other classes out there. From what it sounds like you had to bust out every trick in the book, used heal potions (most likely other potions too), hex dolls maybe... Sounds like fun to me. I have to agree with some of the other posters that a lot does depend on the MOB though. As an example... if anyone of any class can solo the Scroll Bearer I would be concerned with that...
  15. ARCHIVED-KabsReds Guest

good effort ryz :)

guess the hardcore demands of Xanadu pay off when you can do such things :)

guess you might even challenge my title of sexiest monk on RE ! but doubtful ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-Savanja Guest

*grumbles* Ya know..I recently did an article on the Rangers and I mentioned how no class should be able to solo a yellow ^^^.

*hides from the nerf bat*
  17. ARCHIVED-Ai064 Guest

That's not entirely true. MG or BG has said that soloing heroics will be possible in some instances, with good setups, but that it would not be a very effective way to xp or get lots of loot. Solo mobs are designed to provide better xp over time than soloing heroic mobs. i.e. at the end of this fight, she was in no condition to pull another mob and she needed to use a number of limited abilities and potions in order to do it. Soloing heroics is not supposed to be impossible, just impractical for any extended period and a very inefficient use of power and time.

I have to disagree with this statement. They may have SAID that at some point but I believe their actions don't support that. Looking at SOE's track record of addressing the effectiveness of some classes (nerfing....) it was most recently done with rangers. Undoubtedly rangers had a dps decrease coming and I don't argue that. However it was over addressed imo with a severe decrease in dps. But that aside, how about when wizards were solo'ing Tundra Jack in EF back in the day? And warlocks with their 36 second unbreakable root. It seems to me that when people post about how "uber" they are and what impressive mobs they can solo, the LU's start swinging little spongy balls at classes.
    Let's not have this happen to monks. We're fine where we are. I enjoy the balance of dps, tanking, and yes my solo ability.
  18. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Hahahaah you guys make me sick ....you come to guard boards and moan like hell about anything ....then one of your own posts that they can solo yellow con heroic named mobs and you all tell em to shhh about it ......what an absolute joke NO fighter class or any other for that matter should be able to solo ^^^ yellow named mobs regardless of what potions were used.
    Message Edited by TheEasternKing on 03-23-200607:12 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

that is pretty messed up
  20. ARCHIVED-blue30 Guest

haha...too late.....