Young Dragon

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-enfield2c, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-enfield2c Guest

hey all, dose anyone know what resists are needed to take out the young dragon for tink bag? I would like to think I am a good tank but, last night that thing was pissing me off a ton. That mob was stunning the Carp out of me, to the point where I just could not pull it/tank it. I know its a massive(sp?) undercon. I also know to pull it to the Tunnel to Halls so that you dont loose your group.

I would be highly thankfull for any/all sugestions on dealing with this mob.

Thx
  2. ARCHIVED-Jerhico Guest

It's a challenging fight if your pull and setup don't go well.

He doesn't hit all that hard, and if you got a good healer he shouldn't be too big a pain. The trick is really to make sure everyone knows where to be, and then to be willing to wait for the dragon to come to you.

While waiting for the dragon, we usually keep the entire group at the bottom of the stairs. As soon as he lands above the doorway, we have a Templar cast Sanctuary (making me unstunnable) and then I pull him to the corner near the HoF door.

The casters and healers move up the stairs to max healing distance, and I just lock him down the best I can. It's frustrating, and bad luck can get you ejected from the hallway, but it's very doable...I think I tanked him with an equivalent-level group at 64.

Good luck!
  3. ARCHIVED-Raage Guest

I haven't really tried this w/ mobs that punt you, but w/ mobs that fear I always like to cast SLM...so I get rooted. So even if I get feared, the mob will stay on me. Does rooting yourself work w/ knockback?