You will no longer own this item once it is placed in a guild hall?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Nektar, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Nektar New Member

So I have been gone from the game for a long time... upon return, I was re-organizing my guild hall. I picked up several mounts that were previously on display and placed them elsewhere. I placed all successfully, but upon trying to place the heirloom mounts (and not no-trade like the others) I get the message: You will no longer own this item once it is placed in a guild hall. I just wondered what happens to the item if placed then. Does that mean that the heirloom tag is removed so anyone with access may pick it up or claim ownership, or will it permanently make it a house-item only? The mounts are not flying mounts, but have a nice appearance...perhaps one day I would like to ride them, but for now I would really like to place them back where they were... I just wondered what happens to them if I do place them. I'm afraid to try it incase it makes it a permanent house item only. Does anyone know what will happen if I do place them? Thanks!

When I say I've been gone a while I am talking about years... and when I originally placed them, they just placed like a normal house-mount... so whatever has changed has been in the years since I have originally placed them. I just want to know what happens if I place them. I'd try to place them, but like I said I would hate to somehow lose the ability to use them as a mount if I proceed with the placement.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

In order to place the item down, you must be on the trustee access list to the guild hall, and as long as you maintain that same access to the guild, you can still pick the items up and remove them from the guild. However, should your access be removed, you will not have the option to pick those items up again until and unless you are put back on trustee status. Also, if the guild should go through a transfer to a new server, such as occurred when the mass server merges took place, ownership may revert to whomever is the guild leader at that time, and you will lose complete ownership of those items. I

f, however, you are the guild leader those items will continue to belong to you as long as you remain guild leader. I do not know, however, if you leave the guild, whether ownership is transferred to whomever is leader at the time. For the most part, those items do technically still belong to you even after placing them. That warning is just to cover DBG's hiney, should something occur that does revert ownership to another player, as it does happen in certain cases.

I know this to be true about the server merges, because a certain "evil" faction purchased item reverted to ownership to my alt guild leader who is good aligned and of which she will never be able to purchase unless she betrays to evil alignment and grinds out the faction, when the merge took place, lol. The person who owned the item, however, had not logged into the game for at least two years prior to the merge, and to my knowledge, still has not returned to the game.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This is a thing because if you server transfered with other people's items in your home, or a server merge happened the item would belong to the person who owns the house now.

This is how I got 9 free tradeskill apprentinces during skyshrine and researched every item on one crafter in like one month!
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That must have really sucked for the characters who owned those tradeskill apprentices before. Because the game might still think they "have" an apprentice, they probably can't pick up another one.

Pretty sweet for you, though. Not just because you can research every item in a month, but also because you can get multiple potions per day! (The potions are my favorite things about the apprentices, especially the blue ones.)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's odd that it would enable these things in the first place, frankly, with someone else's property. I know that when/if I want to transfer to another server (which I've very rarely done outside of mergers/consolidations/whatever they're calling them now), I always get the helpful pop-up of, "Make sure others have gotten their stuff out of your buildings, or else." kind of thing.

Yeah, it's one thing if the folks in question aren't likely to ever come back, but it'd be nice if the items would auto-revert back to their owners in the mail or something. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

No, it would let the person who put it in my house get a new one.