You know you are addicted to eq2 if

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by suka, Oct 20, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

you have every class- some several times over, and every race - some several times over, and you are setting aside money to buy that new race when it comes out even though you are not sure what class to make it and find yourself wishing they would make a new class just for it.

and if you have almost every prestige house and a house in every city, and every size of house, and several dungeons are so packed with house items they won't hold anymore.

and you have done almost every quest on at least one toon and the gms know your name because they had to come bail you out and get you unstuck and give you help so very often. (thank you GMs)
    Spindle, Finora and Griffon Lady like this.
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

You know you are addicted to EQ2 if....
    You see a question mark on a billboard while you are driving to work/school and you nearly cause an accident when you shout "SHINY!!!" and swerve towards it.
    You forget to eat dinner and then you see the "You are hungry" message on your screen and your tummy growls.
    You hear a sound like a chain link fence getting hit by a forklift and wonder who just leveled up.
    You are driving through a tough neighborhood and think "Maybe i should go level up/gear up and come back later?"
    You are redecorating your house and you keep wishing you could just hold down shift or ctrl and scroll to sink/merge/change size of stuff.
    You are cleaning your house and thinking you should set the kids and hubby to "visitor" status so they can't wreck the place. XD (or publish so you yourself can't make it messy...if you're like me.. you ARE a hurricane. Literally.. there was a hurricane Alicia named after me. XD)
    You are stuck in traffic and wishing you could unsummon your car and summon your flying mount.
    You hear something on the news and think to yourself, that would be impossible in Norrath.
    Your significant other knows better than to try and get romantic when there is a holiday or other live event.
    Someone is yakety yacking really loudly on their phone and you realllllly want to hit /ignore
    You see someone across the room with their fly open or skirt tucked in their undies (or other embarrassing thing) and wish you could /tell them without calling more attention to them.
    you wish you could click and /tell that idiot in traffic what an idiot they are. >.>
    You are driving a long distance and long for autofollow.
    You try learning a new language and really start to miss Language primers.
    You saw Sword art online (season one... season 2 can DIF) or ./hack and were really really jealous. =P

XD ok, stopping here. This is using up time I could be playing EQ2. ^_^ there are bazillions more though.

PS. Your hubby calls your sewing and painting areas your "crafting tables". XD
    Spindle, Finora and suka like this.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

...You see a log out on the woods during your daily bike ride and the first thought that goes through your head is to harvest it.

Happened just last week :S Haha...
    Spindle, Finora, suka and 2 others like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

done all of those. lol yeah the game is addicting. When i am awake it is hard enough to remember where i live- Norrath- my chosen home - or Texas - the place i am stuck in on an alien planet called Earth. However, when sleeping it gets even crazier. my game life is tangled up with my earth life in my dreams. i can never tell if the dream is about being on the game or not. in some dreams, Norrath invades Earth and there is a village of qeynos right across from walmart's parking lot.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

or hit call to home or evac.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  6. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

haha I love things like this! I had 1 experience that I said something out loud with my Mom and she was like "what?" lol, so confused! We was waiting for a taxi, and I was like "Man, this taxi needs to hurry up and spawn already". I totally didn't mean to say that! It just came out haha.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

lol i often find myself referring to the game and stuff in my speech. i often for get that "nuke that guy" means something totally different from a wizard zap in the "real world". It was sad but kind of funny when my nephew was young. we saw a dead bird and he asked me to rez it.

children really get into the game and even though they know it is make believe they don't always leave the roleplaying on the game. neither do i really.

once my niece fainted because she forgot to eat and my nephew charged into the room in the role of his pally shouting "incoming rez"
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

you know though, my nephew is autistic and the game has really been a godsend for him. life with an autistic child on eq can be fun and exhilarating and sad sometimes. when he was about 8, we couldn't get him to use the phone. he simply refused to talk on it and since his mother worked and the children were home-schooled, they stayed at home with my mother there for them as needed throughout the day so they were never alone. still, it was important that he use the phone in case he ever needed to call for help for any reason.

Then one day everything changed. he needed (in his mind an absolute emergency) to ask me something about his toon on the game. my mother refused to bring him to see me since i live an hour away from them. his mother told my mother to tell him the only way to reach me was by phone. it made my day when the phone rang and it was him on the other end, in a panic over his toon and needing to ask me questions. had it not been for this game, at 16 he might still not be using the phone.
    Griffon Lady, ShaggyBodom and Spindle like this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

ever look around your house and wish you could click it and change the floors, ceiling and walls like in freeport or qeynos?
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

I'm not really addicted any longer. I wish I was, but I've traipsed from one end of Norrath to the other on so many alts that nothing is new any longer. I hope the new expansion will alleviate that. Which is why I'm not playing any of the betas. To make it last as long as I can when it comes brand new out of the box as it were.

I wish that I could forget all I know about this game and set foot into it a complete newb again, lol.
    suka likes this.
  11. oldskool Active Member

You walk into a place for the first time and for a second you expect to hear the discovery sound.

On Wednesday you start thinking to yourself, if I work on my girlfriend faction now maybe I won't get any aggro this weekend when I try to play.
    suka likes this.
  12. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I made a CD of EQ2 music so I could drive around and pretend I was in zones.

Don't judge me.
    Griffon Lady, Foretold and suka like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

lol i found them on my computer and saved them all to a file in my music player. some of these music on eq2 is just awesome.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  14. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

>.> I've got a lot of the zone music on my MP3 player. XD
  15. chantra Member

or you are filling out papers while chatting on your cell phone and look down to suddenly notice that you have written, in ink, for your address: Bayle Court, Qeynos
    Griffon Lady likes this.