You know why rangers aren't being fixed?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Rabbitoh, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Rabbitoh Guest

This is as obvious as the noses on your face.
    The inability for the devs to balance rangers in pve and pvp.
    Up the dps of rangers in pve and you up it in pvp. Give rangers tools for pve and they get tools for pvp.
    The perceived view that a rangers bow gives the ranger an advantage is also a flawed thinking of the devs. Plenty of players have the miraguls charm or casters have long cast range.
    In pvp there are far bigger fish to fry than that of a ranger, for instance assasins and that BS abilty shadow step, or bruisers and monks being almost untouchable, or crusaders.
    Seriously devs take a good look at the ranger class. It is BROKEN! and someone has to be top dog it raid dps and it should be rangers, as rangers offer very little else to a raid, except DPS
  2. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Not a valid excuse.
    Don't make PvE boosts apply to PvP. Simple.
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Daenee@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yep. PvP has its own damage tables, effects etc. They can easily boost PvE DPS and even utility on rangers without touching PvP.

Rest is pretty spot on. Being ranged and wearing chain at the same time is hardly advantage enough to have our DPS lacking the way it is. Someone suggested it in another thread, I would glady go leather or cloth level mitigation for the ability to be 'pure ranged' because frankly it wouldn't change a whole lot on raids or groups. Although I think current stances should still be available for other playstyles, unorthodox groups and pvp.
    Vanguard still did it best. You choose to be melee or ranged Ranger. Ranged you get bow variations of melee attacks and can shoot point blank with a defense drop. Have more ranged attacks than you can keep down and refreshing. Melee you get a defense(evasion) and melee DPS boost, can't shoot point blank and some ranged attacks just flat out don't work. Right now EQ2 is trying to mix both of these, badly.
  4. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

There are already obvious differences in pvp vs pve. Unfortunately there has also been some bleed where apparently dev's thought it would be a good nerf in pve too. It is obvious that getting unerfed is a much tougher task than getting nerfed.
    IMO dev's have either no vision for a viable ranger role at upper level raiding and grouping, they just think ranger's are for solo and pvp or they think everything is hunky dory and it is only a very small and vocal subset that is having a problem.
    Months Years of pointing that out have resulted in zippo nada. There is no indication at this point that they are reading listening or understanding. It seems obvious that there are no plans in the works to fix anything ranger related.
  5. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

As it stands now, ranged auto attack already takes an additional 15% damage penalty over melee auto attack in pvp. If they changed things in pve, they could just up that damage penalty some more. Same for CA's, they could fix things in pve so easily and just increase the penalties for pvp if they felt it wasn't balanced. As far as the OP's statement, he may be right, but it seems like its more like an "unwillingness" than an "inability". They could do it if they took the time.

As far as tools(utility) for pve translating to tools for pvp, if they did give rangers something that was actually useful, it wouldn't be the first time that an ability didn't do the same thing in the from one rule set to the other.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

What makes me extra mad, and others too if they know the terms and tech proper, is that a lot of what we want done and fixed could be done by 'scripter' not even a full programmer. The friggin art guys more than likely know how to retune scripts, I've done it working with 3ds max.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Rabbitoh wrote:
    None of the devs play a ranger?
  8. ARCHIVED-Coldel Guest

I don't want excuses, I want results. Please fix the Rangers.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    I imagine some do I just don't think they raid or group a lot with them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Coldel Guest

I love that the mods called my thread an "uprising" and claimed it was "stating a riot". No the GMs can not do anything about the programming, but they are connected to SoE. I don't see anyway of getting to the Devs, but I'll continue to fight the good fight until we get some sort of attention. It's not like they can make things much worse.
  11. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest