You know it's going to go flooey when...

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd, Apr 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

I haven't seen a thread on this is a long while here, though the rangers had one awhile back. I mean, most groups are OK, and a few are splendid. But, I had one a couple nights ago that cost me a nice chunk of debt and mender bills which rivaled my arrow costs. And I shoulda known, but I'm too darn courteous to just drop, and plus I was 5% from leveling and desperate.

The same thing happened to me in a club once. But I digress.

We all know the most-obvious sign of a group thats Not Going To Be Happy; lots of jumping. Jumping, jumping, God help me.

The one I had the other night, though, was:

You know it's going to go flooey when, hunting orange heroics with a group of four, just capable of handling them, the tank wanders aimlessly for five minutes, apparently looking for the exact right spot like a poodle in a snowstorm, and then pulls one without telling the rest of the group that he's finally decided to do his business.

~sigh~

So, who else has one?

Whysprr
    Whysprr Wyrdwynd (born during a severe vowel shortage) the Sultana of Splat
    Brethren (And what about the sistren, may I just ask?)
    Qeynos (but not ridiculous about it)
    Dirge & Bespoke Jeweler to the Scouts of Norrath (at least the ones who are willing to put their rares at risk)
    Some level or other (who knows when you're reading this)
    Kithicor server (when it's up and lag isn't too dreadful)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kyrsten Guest

... when the tank says "Ok, group invis us please", and he's not talking to the fury.
    ... you hear "Can you surviel that from here?"
    ... or, "Woot! DPS is here, let's rock!"
    ... "dang, I forgot to pass out feathers"
    ... "Dirges can rez? I already revived..."

...... some people's kids, I swear... :smileyvery-happy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Zberyn Guest

"... so what does a Dirge do anyways?"

"Evac!" You evac the group. Five minutes later: "Evac!" Group dies, "Why didn't you evac?" You respond, "Evac has a recast."

"Glowie!" As you are traveling through a bunch of aggro mobs.

"Well, I needed some raws for tradeskilling later," coming from random healer who was harvesting as the group was dying.

Tank attacks mobs while Percussion of Stone is on the group and the Dirge is stealthed in the middle of a bunch of high con aggro mobs looking for named_mob_01. On that note, I REALLY wish they'd fix Stoneskin procs breaking our stealth. PLEASE.

"You can mez a few of these, right?"
  4. ARCHIVED-SugarGirl Guest

Was playing with a tank and a healer last night on my new alt. It was pretty obvious that the tank was new and had never grouped because The damned mobs would aggro every body BUT the tank. I finally asked if he was taunting and he replied "What's that mean?" .... yeah... gonna be a long day.

Oh.. and the one I REALLY loved was with another group. I killed a named in the caves and a legendary chest dropped... everyone yelled MASTER!!!!. At least it's good to know that there are still new people coming to the game :)
    Message Edited by SugarGirl on 04-07-200611:03 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

Ones I love.

"You stay back with the mages so we can keep you healed."
    What am I a ranger? or a mage?
    "Stay where the tank can keep them pulled away from you."
    This was said after I saved the tank twice by pulling some of the heat off from him and taking them out.
    "Don't pull. Only the tanks and mages pull"
    If the tank can pull a mob off from the mages, then why can the tank pull them off from me when I pull?
    And the best one.
    "Be careful with these. They can take you out easy"
    Ahhh I killed five yesterday and three at in one fight.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jingizu Guest

ok here's one for you, and it really did happen:

Tank pulls 8 mobs, that aren't in the same group, yells at me and the necro to mez adds, complains that we didnt, i explain i'm a dirge not a troub, he drops group and leaves.

10 minutes later new tank, first asks if i can mez, so i do the whole "not a troub" thing again. i think ok this will be ok i can get through this. 5 minutes later the new wizard, who replaced the rather SMART necro who had the brains to bail on the group, asks me why i'm not casting precision, then the brigand asks, what's this chime thing you keep talking about?

that day i made the most debt i've ever had, and my ignore list grew by 3 or 4 people .:)

Anathema 70 dirge, Crushbone, Paragon
  7. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

I can relate to that.
    On a guild raid, the leader wanted to control the scouts to working as either fighters or mages. We had three dirges in the raid, and it got to the point that we did as we knew how. Vis has never had over a 1.2 debt before, and that night I had a 3.8 debt and why I as the others quit listening to the leader on tactics.
    They wanted to go back to the same place this week on the guild raid. I did not go and worked on writs. Thus lvled to 33 last night with 0 debt even taking out lvl 36 tallon miners and senturies before lvling as a 32 dirge.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sydias Guest

.... when someone says, "Your DPS sucks, you did hardly anything."
    Meanwhile I spent the first 30 seconds of the fight landing the debuffs to make it weak as a kitten.
    .... when the healers turn their attentions solely on you when you use Oration of Sacrifice
    .... when you are the last one standing and happen to hold the mob off long enough to rez the entire group and evac only to have it evac with you and kill you before de-agroing, and someone congratulates the AFK scout in the group for a good evac.
    .... when we get adds EVERY fight because people don't assist the tank.
  9. ARCHIVED-IpigPiachoep Guest

Oh please tell me who those people were since we are on the same server....