You have recieved a new spell: Concussive (Apprentice I)

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Ronzul, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ronzul Guest

Concussive is live. It's a level 15 Sorcerer spell that decreases threat by 225-375 with the next offensive spell you cast, with a 2.0 second(!) cast time and 30 second(!!) recast time. It sounds like it only works on your target (not the encounter), and you actually have to generate more hate to get the reduction. It is not upgradeable (like invis).

Thanks for nothing? I don't even think wizards can be happy about this one.
    Message Edited by Ronzul on 12-20-2005 11:59 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Pathetic... what a waste of time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

It's a good bet it's bugged in that:
    1) you can get (currently non-existent) upgrades for it, increasing the amount of hate it reduces (example of a spell like this: Rescue) or
    2) it's a "perma-white no upgrade" skill that should not have the (Apprentice I) tag on it (example of a spell like this: Pathfinding)

I'm at work now and can't check myself, but has anyone tried logging in with a lowbie sorc and seeing if it still reduces hate by the same amount? If so, that points to #1 above. If it reduces hate by a lesser amount, it's more likely a #2 type spell.

In any case, it's probably best to wait till you see the fixed version (whatever it looks like) before you start crying and whining.

Whoops, too late!

For reference, Master I of Confront for 59 guardians generates 1044-1276 hate. Reducing my hate by 1/4th of a level 59 master taunt isn't a bad deal.
  4. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

The spell has a 10 sec duration, so if you use all your fast casting spells, you can get a few spells casted in that time and have a higher reduce in hate. It's not that bad of a spell if you think about it.
    The thing I am woundering is, if it will reduce hate on each tick of a dot also. Would make that spell pretty awesome. I could stack my dot's and then cast that desagro spell and do a DD spell or two and get a huge desagro. Instead of getting agro by doing that (like it was before) You instead reduce your agro by a huge amount.
    I couldn't test it yet, but I think the spell has some potential.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kasai Guest

It works once...if you hit a mob with a spell it uses it up. It would be awsome if it would proc multipal times but the 10 secs is a time limit...not a "duration"
  6. ARCHIVED-Supernova17 Guest

Ok, Sony take the spell away from the ungrateful Sorcerors. Seriously, you guys get a new spell which is a little helpful while the rest of us get nerfs and stealth nerfs in the Live Update. :smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Man, sometimes I hate being right all the time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Actually I have an idea ... I wonder if AoE attack counts as single hence procing this spell on 5 target should reduce treat on 1000-1500? I also interesting if this spell actually can be triggered by the Rain? (Boundless fury can hit PBAE 8 targets which should drop agro down to 1600-2400 points)
  9. ARCHIVED-D-lirium Guest

*** Spells and Combat Arts ***

Sorcerer changes:
    - Concussive will now correctly grow with level and is no longer cast at Apprentice I quality

Let's wait and see.. =)
  10. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

It now reduces hate by 1110-1850 at level 60.
  11. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

And it now becomes useful.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thibor24 Guest

Make sure you use it before you get agro, because once youve got agro your dead. :smileytongue:
  13. ARCHIVED-Ronzul Guest

I'm still not impressed. I basically get an aggro-free distortion every fight, assuming ^^^'s, but it now takes me 1/5 to 1/4 of the fight's duration to cast it. I guess it's good to lead with, or something, but I'm already leading with dots and netheros.

Wishful thinking, and believe me - we were all wishing. The description doesn't sound anything like that.

Get over yourself. What are the chances it would have gotten fixed so quickly if we had waited to speak up? It's been in test for a month.

I'm disappointed because this is a fire-and-forget band-aid that they will freely assume covered the problem. I've been playing SOE games long enough to recognize the pattern.

Cut the recast timer in half and make the effect instant instead of dependent on casting another spell and it's good.
  14. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

This new spell is just what we needed it may not be to great for regular grp stuff since those mobs die so fast. For raiding though it was a major help I was able to full burn all night long in The Court of Ala'Faz never got agro basicly everytime it refreshed I would use it far as I can tell it spreads across an ae encounter I never had a mob peel off to hit me. This was defently a nice dps boost for wiz/warlocks will be much easier now to stay around tier 1-2.
  15. ARCHIVED-Moonspark Guest

It's useful, cast it as the target is being pulled, open up with whatever you want.
  16. ARCHIVED-DearthofWealth Guest

I've never been so disappointed to share a class..

An incredibly useful spell that barely disrupts the normal flow of nuke/dot order, can dethreat by an entire T6 master taunt every 30 seconds... annnnnnnnnnnd y'all still whine about it?

Don't forget! You can cast BEFORE the pull on heroic mobs! And in multiple mob encounters (non-raid) you can target a different mob than what the tank is attacking (yes, I know this means having to take off the tank's implied target.. don't strain yourself) and that's 2 mobs you don't have to worry about in an encounter!

In raids, most of the mobs are single targ-- oh wait, raiders aren't complaining about this spell..

**There's advice in there if you can cut through the layers of hostility
    Message Edited by DearthofWealth on 12-22-2005 05:49 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-locatis_ravenhoft Guest

Last night I was fighting in Obelisk of lost souls, and on the group mobs I was pulling agro...until I tossed in one shot of Concussive in the mix. Then I could blast away all I wanted and never once drew agro, not one time...I think it is a good if not great tool they have given us. If the effect was on cast, then it would have been single target(because its sorcerer not warlock)...as it is, it allows us to deagro the encounter with an encounter spell. I don't really see the problem, I have to say that I am more than happy with it. I tested it a few times as well, used the same spell order and waited a few seconds as if I had cast the spell, blast with aoe spell and pull agro....cast concussive before and I don't.

~Voltair
    The Eternal ()ne
  18. ARCHIVED-Dyshar Guest

Ive found out that it does work on aoe targets if your next spell is an aoe spell. A nice little combo is to cast concussive and then the maelstrom spell. Works like a charm

Now just lower our casting time for our aoes by 1 sec and ill be happy (maybe 2 secs for devastation since it takes 6 secs to do its full dmg)

Dyshar Lvl 60 Warlock
    Halcyon Affinity
    Antonia Bayle
  19. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

i can't see it work on ae spells. in situations where i normaly would get agro from grp encounter - i now see all mobs agro on me, just the one in target for the ae spells gets hit by the detaunt and stys off...
    so - this spell is nice for wizzis to precast ice comet, but nearly useless for warlocks. as i never get single agro - only on grp mobs...
    pls soe - make it ae counting if triggert by devastation f.e.
  20. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

I play a 60 warlock and had no problem using it in conjunction with any of our ae's last night during 6 hours of raiding. I think it spreads across as it says in the description next spell not next target or single mob.